We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324

    Ganking 1vs And The Drama That Ensues......

    So......we had an issue last night of ganking at the 1vs, and i'd like to clarify a few things so, for me at least, there's no misunderstanding.


    This is how it all started........


    Couple weeks ago, I saw Vic at GTA 1ving Clev. Well, as Vic had tried to gank me numerous times at GTA, I returned the favor, and killed him.


    Now, most know Vic and I have our own story, and I apologized to Clev in OOC, but as I had never received an apology from Vic regarding said ganking attempts, he was still KoS for me. (We have since resolved that issue, and Vic apologized and we are now bffs'.)


    I believe it was either that same day, or possibly the next, I arrived at GTA, and was immediately ganked by Vic (TsB), Debuff (Bamboron), and Orcchops. My guess was the gankage was at Vics request, as my killing him was still fresh in his mind.


    To wit:



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


    So, do I remember this? Do I retaliate? Especially against the sycophant busters?


    Of course I do. I wouldn't be me if I didn't.


    All 3 were then KoS for me.


    As I've said though, Vic apologized, we came to an understanding, so he's off my list. Right?


    Fast forward now to last night.


    I arrive at GTA and see Orcchops at low health from finishing a 1v. What do you think happened?


    Of course I killed him, and righteously so.


    Almost immediately he comes back with Superflytnt and Greenhippo, and they proceed to kill me numerous times at GTA, my guess is at the request of Orcchops, who unfortunately proly had no recollection of ganking me previously.


    So now what? I'm the ganker? Not so. I was simply paying it forward, and again, we have busters jumping in to something that is none of their business.


    To his credit, Vic tried to promote peace by communicating to them in creep OOC, and I appreciate that.


    My point with all this is to shed some light on the situation, and to ensure that I don't start receiving some unwarranted tag of being a 1v ganker, which I most assuredly am not.


    I pay peeps back for being gankers, and will continue to do so until I receive an apology for the original gank that started the whole drama.


    To that end, Orc, Super, Green, you owe me an apology, or the vitriol and animosity will continue.


    Most know me, and know that I try to conduct myself in some semblance of an honorable fashion, yet I will not abide when peeps try to sully my name or character.

  2. #2
    From my experience ganking is allowed if you are amongst certain people and only if they are ganking certain people.

    But if you gank these certain people you are the biggest fail of all time! (Because they would never think of doing such bad things)


    Sounds complicated but it is really not.

    At the end of the day it is an open pvp map and poo poo is going to happen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000132c11/signature.png]Spiderbyte[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    wow...ganking at a gladden 1v1 event? that has like never happend before...
    Every time, 2nd or 3rd time, depends. Which is why I stopped participating at such parodies. Most of the people there act like trash and are huge hypocrits. My only regret is that I 1v1'ed too long into RoI. Besides, most of the people who I wanted to 1v1 have left the game or taken a break.

    I'm with you on this one Althorr, kill them at any given chance. Oh and the people watching, pretending to be fighting for a fair 1v1.. Are jokes which I have experienced a lot of times. And I've even talked with them about the subject, but It's like the following people have had an IQ drop. So yeah, don't count on 1v1 events.

    It's too bad Valistar quit, he might have been a tad extreme, but he still had some good points about 1v1s.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    From my experience ganking is allowed if you are amongst certain people and only if they are ganking certain people.

    But if you gank these certain people you are the biggest fail of all time! (Because they would never think of doing such bad things)


    Sounds complicated but it is really not.

    At the end of the day it is an open pvp map and poo poo is going to happen.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to swamp again.

  5. #5
    The endless 1vs1 sessions at GTA are killing the pvp spirit. And it makes some grown mans to become drama queens.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,372
    If people really don't want to die at gta, don't kill anything. Doesn't matter who did what.

    If people keep doing this eye for an eye s*** the cycle will never end. Kind of like our OP dilemma. Actions speak for them selves, esp if there is a lack of communication as to why people need to get their nerd rage in before they feel better about themselves.

    It's gonna be all right. I have some scratch-n-sniff stickers if anybody wants some.
    [color=maroon][size=1][center]Clown • Reject • Gigabytes[/center][/size][/color]

  7. #7
    I 1v1 to have fun and become better at my class. 1vs1 doesn't "kill the pvp spirit." Flipping 4 OP's and zerging 1v1s kills the pvp spirit. Of course this is all my opinion and everyone has their own opinions of what the "pvp spirit" is.








    It's a video game.
    Kerelas-Hunter,Kerebear-Reaver

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    If someone attacks me out of turn at the 1v1s I will do everything I can to kill them. If they do it multiple times, I will promote them to kill on sight.

    But if I come back the next day and see this person at the 1v1s, I wont immediately try to kill them. I think people deserve a chance to not be a jerk and enjoy some 1v1 action.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    580
    I like my pvp with set rules on what skills are ok to use...

    Your all acting like little girls.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    I like my pvp with set rules on what skills are ok to use...

    Your all acting like little girls.

    But you like it when grown men act like little girls. You whispered as much that time we dressed you up in that schoolgirl outfit back behind old EC and I gekitzelt Ihrer Mandeln.


    Welcome back.


    You've missed what I give and you needed more.


    I understand.

  11. #11
    There's no "rules." It's what suits you. If you're good enough to beat someone without using CDs, do it. All the more power to you. I laugh at the fails who 1v1 me and pop everything they got in their arsenal -- morale pots, long CDs, store pots, etc.

    If you really can't beat someone, anyone, without using CDs.....


    HA. You're bad. Nuff said.


    Anyways -- I have ganked 1v1s a couple times, but only to create action when it's dull out and people are just standing around watching and hopping in front of each other's faces to no avail (or when someone simply is sitting around refusing to 1v1 ANYONE). I expect to die, and I die often. No tears shed. The guys (and girls, for that matter, wouldn't want to be leaving anyone out here) I REALLY laugh at are the ones who lose a bunch of 1v1s, then come back with several others to zerg the place, probably crying inwardly about how they couldn't get kills by themselves so they called in the wambulance squad for help. I could even point out a couple of those people since they're mentioned on this exact forum page, imagine that!

    Now quitcher #####'in and go fight.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,355
    So let me see if I have this right. Somebody "tries" to gank the OP, which implies it was unsuccessful. So "of course" OP ganks them on sight next time. Now it's a back and forth, and even though it's partly fixed with some of the parties you see another that participated in the gank-fest previously so again you gank them back at first opportunity...

    But this was the part that made me snicker. "Most know me, and know that I try to conduct myself in some semblance of an honorable fashion, yet I will not abide when peeps try to sully my name or character."

    Gotcha.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

  13. #13
    When it came to people interrupting 1v1s, particularly mine, I was very patient with those that did so, especially if they were noobs like greenies and didn't know any better. However, if I knew people were trying to purposefully gank 1v1s over and over, I'd make them pay for eternity till they wised up. Ask Tingur, he'll tell you all about it :P.

    Moral of the story: if you try to interrupt others' 1v1s, make sure you do it to people you know you have a chance against in an actual 1v1... or 2v1 even lol . If not, you will most likely pay dearly, especially if it was me you did it, too. Luuked aka Ardook, Tingur, Brizfang, Thugglife, Killmethanks can all share testament to that.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 29 2013 at 01:12 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    When it came to people interrupting 1v1s, particularly mine, I was very patient with those that did so, especially if they were noobs like greenies and didn't know any better. However, if I knew people were trying to purposefully gank 1v1s over and over, I'd make them pay for eternity till they wised up. Ask Tingur, he'll tell you all about it :P.

    Moral of the story: if you try to interrupt others' 1v1s, make sure you do it to people you know you have a chance against in an actual 1v1... or 2v1 even lol . If not, you will most likely pay dearly, especially if it was me you did it, too. Luuked aka Ardook, Tingur, Brizfang, Thugglife, Killmethanks can all share testament to that.
    What I knew back then was that 1v1s ruined action for every low rank hoping to get some infamy that day, same today. I've ended two 1v1 events, thats it. Considering how quick the freeps and creeps jumped at each other I guess you can say they was waiting for it. Now they only target anyone they find guilty. Whoever said 1v1s ruined for the PvP spirit was right, Valistar was right. It is farming, when you're so good or op that you can kill 90-85% it should be considered farming of some degree. I mean why would for instance a r11 RK take on a r3 creep? Then again if you play RK that alone should make you a farmer (lol).

    Oh ,I also ganked some parodies at GTA with Skullripper when several members was ganked for no reason at all.

    I had a small hope that I would meet your guard at the end of RoI, but then you had fallen in love with your hunter.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Whoever said 1v1s ruined for the PvP spirit was right, Valistar was right. It is farming, when you're so good or op that you can kill 90-85% it should be considered farming of some degree. I mean why would for instance a r11 RK take on a r3 creep? Then again if you play RK that alone should make you a farmer (lol).

    I had a small hope that I would meet your guard at the end of RoI, but then you had fallen in love with your hunter.
    Valistar is NEVER right, that's something you need to know lol. Whatever comes out of his mouth is ludicrous, and he is a hypocrite, because he used to love 1v1s and even stopped his raids from zerging them. When he came back, he totally changed and became a huge doucher that his voice embodied in his Billy Bob Thornton movie characters. In conclusion, not all pvpers 1v1 to farm, those that do give us that want a challenging, fun 1v1, a bad name. Give you examples of those who like to 1v1 for fun and challenges: me, you, Sparkman, Grimphore, Kratlerr, Slashed, Lugsteal, Eldreith, etc. Just rattling a bunch of names off my head, could easily say more. The ones that do it for farming low ranks/ungeared peple are the minority. However, those low ranks/ungeared (me at a few points in my pvp career) people that want to 1v1 out of their own want, shouldn't be shoved away, but embraced to garner a love and respect of 1v1ing. If they want to 1v1, let them haha, until they wise up and gear up and rank to be competitive. Like I said, I'll just gimp myself for them, personally.

    You wanna hear my theory/truth as to why Valistar became so "bitter" towards 1v1s? It's because when he came back, he realized 1: he blew at his class, so if he couldn't 1v1 efficiently, no one could, and 2: book 12-14 (which you weren't here to witness) provided people with a bunch of infamy/renown in raids; when he realized you didn't get that much in raids anymore, it ticked him off most likely. Anyway, he would use this infamy/renown buff and take advantage of it by zerging greenies at grams constantly with his raid, and other small forces with low ranks around the map. He would fight in the open, but mostly if he had an overwhelming advantage. Now, if Genbu/Aeons came out with the Soldier blender, he'd fight for a little against them in an even open fight, get owned, go to the keep and turtle with oil in there until he would get more numbers t try and fight them unevenly. Genbu/Aeons would push the keep and own him with an even force, he would cry and log, leaving me and a few other brave souls to defend it lol.

    So, if you wanna talk about a guy killing the "pvp spirit", look no further to his hypocrisy, as he would farm low ranks at grams with his raid and only fight in the open when he had an overwhelming advantage lol, and then log if he got owned by an even force. This is all in the wiki, it doesn't lie lol .

    Anyway lol, you know I wasn't one of those freeps that would be trying to fight the low ranks, and would only try to fight the most challenging opponents I could find. If a low rank tried to fight me, I would gimp myself, such as fighting them with melee on my hunter (excluding Dalok at rank 6 fighting with melee cuz he is bad lol) and onl guard fight them with a 1 hander in a dress/Dunedain cosmetic outfit. Same applied to creep; I beat a couple people simply using sudden strikes, I think I did that to your champ b4 you learned how to play him haha .

    Eh, if guards didn't become OP for me with the stagger set, I prob would've obliged. Maybe I should have just came out and fought you without aud, but I enjoyed my hunter too much. Actually when I first started this game, hunter/champion were the toons I was going to have as my mains originally, never intended to make a guardian, but did anyway. I can't say I regret it, but wouldn't have minded being a champ too hehe.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 29 2013 at 02:08 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Valistar is NEVER right, that's something you need to know lol. Whatever comes out of his mouth is ludicrous, and he is a hypocrite, because he used to love 1v1s and even stopped his raids from zerging them. When he came back, he totally changed and became a huge doucher that his voice embodied in his Billy Bob Thornton movie characters. In conclusion, not all pvpers 1v1 to farm, those that do give us that want a challenging, fun 1v1, a bad name. Give you examples of those who like to 1v1 for fun and challenges: me, you, Sparkman, Grimphore, Kratlerr, Slashed, Lugsteal, Eldreith, etc. Just rattling a bunch of names off my head, could easily say more. The ones that do it for farming low ranks/ungeared peple are the minority. However, those low ranks/ungeared (me at a few points in my pvp career) people that want to 1v1 out of their own want, shouldn't be shoved away, but embraced to garner a love and respect of 1v1ing. If they want to 1v1, let them haha, until they wise up and gear up and rank to be competitive. Like I said, I'll just gimp myself for them, personally.

    You wanna hear my theory/truth as to why Valistar became so "bitter" towards 1v1s? It's because when he came back, he realized 1: he blew at his class, so if he couldn't 1v1 efficiently, no one could, and 2: book 12-14 (which you weren't here to witness) provided people with a bunch of infamy/renown in raids; when he realized you didn't get that much in raids anymore, it ticked him off most likely. Anyway, he would use this infamy/renown buff and take advantage of it by zerging greenies at grams constantly with his raid, and other small forces with low ranks around the map. He would fight in the open, but mostly if he had an overwhelming advantage. Now, if Genbu/Aeons came out with the Soldier blender, he'd fight for a little against them in an even open fight, get owned, go to the keep and turtle with oil in there until he would get more numbers t try and fight them unevenly. Genbu/Aeons would push the keep and own him with an even force, he would cry and log, leaving me and a few other brave souls to defend it lol.

    So, if you wanna talk about a guy killing the "pvp spirit", look no further to his hypocrisy, as he would farm low ranks at grams with his raid and only fight in the open when he had an overwhelming advantage lol, and then log if he got owned by an even force. This is all in the wiki, it doesn't lie lol .

    Anyway lol, you know I wasn't one of those freeps that would be trying to fight the low ranks, and would only try to fight the most challenging opponents I could find. If a low rank tried to fight me, I would gimp myself, such as fighting them with melee on my hunter (excluding Dalok at rank 6 fighting with melee cuz he is bad lol) and onl guard fight them with a 1 hander in a dress/Dunedain cosmetic outfit. Same applied to creep; I beat a couple people simply using sudden strikes, I think I did that to your champ b4 you learned how to play him haha .

    Eh, if guards didn't become OP for me with the stagger set, I prob would've obliged. Maybe I should have just came out and fought you without aud, but I enjoyed my hunter too much. Actually when I first started this game, hunter/champion were the toons I was going to have as my mains originally, never intended to make a guardian, but did anyway. I can't say I regret it, but wouldn't have minded being a champ too hehe.

    Let me make one thing straight. I have never learned to play my champ right. I am rather proud of soon to have been playing him for 3 years with no clue how to play him right. I'm better off with the pitchfork and the flamers that come after.

    I got nothing but respect for the skilled 1v1ers, I used to 1v1 all the time in RoI. It proves how good they are and how they have learned to play their class. It also show how much they are willing to put up with in order to become good. I believe it was Duruleth who said that 1v1ing made him much better at regular Lotro playing. PvMP and the community has made me smarter in online games by far

    Infact I am in no place to complain about 1v1s since I love them and have learned so much from them. By saying that I regret having 1v1ed so long into RoI I am lying, because in truth I regret nothing about my 1v1s. However 1v1s was ruined for me when I was ganked several times due to my childish rants against SB and other people. 1v1 events was and still are a test of skills due to rules set to balance them. A sanctuary where feuds should have nothing to do with it, yet like with Althorr, feuds ruin this. When I ganked you, it was not ok, such things shouldnt happen. Yet they do, thats what make me call 1v1s a joke. Many of my friends were ganked at GTA for no reason. That made me resent these events and gank them with tribemates. I would also be ganked a lot on events which mainly consisted of members of the higher gladden pvmp society. I dont need to say who they are.

    So yeah, 1v1s are fun. The events however could be better.

    1v1s can be considered farming to some degree, but its also the next best way to make infamy at all, the best being group vs group IMO. Next time I see one of these events I'll join and see how I fare. I really suck now anyways. I doubt Helms Deep will make it better so I can't really get any worse. To nobody's surprise I already regret my earlier posts in this thread.

    If you ever start playing again, send a message ^^

    I still believe RKs are a joke!

    One more thing: the lag is so horrible. I can't be in the same field as a minstrel. In RoI I could play perfectly without any hitch. These new updates ruined everything.
    Last edited by Witch0King; Jun 29 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Let me make one thing straight. I have never learned to play my champ right. I am rather proud of soon to have been playing him for 3 years with no clue how to play him right. I'm better off with the pitchfork and the flamers that come after.

    I got nothing but respect for the skilled 1v1ers, I used to 1v1 all the time in RoI. It proves how good they are and how they have learned to play their class. It also show how much they are willing to put up with in order to become good. I believe it was Duruleth who said that 1v1ing made him much better at regular Lotro playing. PvMP and the community has made me smarter in online games by far

    Infact I am in no place to complain about 1v1s since I love them and have learned so much from them. By saying that I regret having 1v1ed so long into RoI I am lying, because in truth I regret nothing about my 1v1s. However 1v1s was ruined for me when I was ganked several times due to my childish rants against SB and other people. 1v1 events was and still are a test of skills due to rules set to balance them. A sanctuary where feuds should have nothing to do with it, yet like with Althorr, feuds ruin this. When I ganked you, it was not ok, such things shouldnt happen. Yet they do, thats what make me call 1v1s a joke. Many of my friends were ganked at GTA for no reason. That made me resent these events and gank them with tribemates. I would also be ganked a lot on events which mainly consisted of members of the higher gladden pvmp society. I dont need to say who they are.

    So yeah, 1v1s are fun. The events however could be better.

    1v1s can be considered farming to some degree, but its also the next best way to make infamy at all, the best being group vs group IMO. Next time I see one of these events I'll join and see how I fare. I really suck now anyways. I doubt Helms Deep will make it better so I can't really get any worse. To nobody's surprise I already regret my earlier posts in this thread.

    If you ever start playing again, send a message ^^

    Maybe because I'm not at these events to police them . You have become better from 1v1s, I've noticed.

    I'll say that 1v1s have become more farm-oriented though due to the OP buffs and the keep buffs, having some people flip the OPs to give themselves advantages or the more keeps, the more infamy/renown/commendations they rack in when fighting easy opponents.

    As for the "higher Gladden society" you refer to, they are elitists that aren't very good at their class lol. Least when Azareth was here, he actually could back up his elitism with skill.

    As I've showed you before, they aren't doing anything with the pvp at intial release, and I doubt they will do much after that, to improve it even. I most likely won't be back, sad really. Maybe another company will make the LOTRO the way it was intended to be: a mix of good pve and pvp, with developers that actually care about their customers. To think I was foolish enough in my early years to think Turbine cared lol.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    There's obviously groups of players that like to gank other groups of players on this server. Due to the lack of action on this server, I for one, pledge to quit such actions. Admittedly, I'm guilty of such actions. Some people just can't get along. I'm guilty of that with Althorr. We had made our peace and then I unwittingly got into a heated debate with him just a few days later. For my part, I pledge to quit ganking. We don't have much action lately and 1v1s are undoubtedly fun for all participants who are true to the notion of the idea.

    With that said, if you got drama you can't overcome with an individual, just put them on ignore. Out in the field, if you encounter them, kill 'em and jump on 'em after you do so. However, try to keep it civil at 1v1s.

    As a community, I think we could all benefit from keeping 1v1s civil until we get more raid leaders to rejuvenate the RvR aspect of this server. If you keep ganking someone, who ganked you at the 1v1s, it will just end up being a cycle of never ending ganking. I welcome any thoughts on this topic and completely bow down to any blame that is to be laid down upon myself, as I am guilty of doing it on numerous occasions.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    There are several vaild reasons for ganking someone at the 1v1s.

    [OOC] Morsum: 'atwo use water lore zerg him'

    This is not one.

    Seriously. 1 Heal, and all of a sudden a bunch of wargs are on me. This kind of stuff just ruins the fun for everyone.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    There are several vaild reasons for ganking someone at the 1v1s.

    [OOC] Morsum: 'atwo use water lore zerg him'

    This is not one.

    Seriously. 1 Heal, and all of a sudden a bunch of wargs are on me. This kind of stuff just ruins the fun for everyone.
    Morsum ganks everyone. I'm not opposed to him being kos.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    There are several vaild reasons for ganking someone at the 1v1s.

    [OOC] Morsum: 'atwo use water lore zerg him'

    This is not one.

    Seriously. 1 Heal, and all of a sudden a bunch of wargs are on me. This kind of stuff just ruins the fun for everyone.
    Agreed eighteenfold.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Morsum ganks everyone. I'm not opposed to him being kos.
    The thing is though. Today he was actually joining in with the 1v1s. I fought him twice without using water-lore with my cloud out healing me for several thousand morale. Then I switch to my raven and healed with a water lore. He sprinted off mid fight, then came back and tried to kill me at my next 1v1.

    The funny thing is is that the healing amount is not so different but for some reason he appears to hate water lore and used it as an excuse to gank me.

    The even funnier thing is is that he still died when he jumped me with another warg and I actually used cooldowns. He had to get like 4 creeps to successfully gank me
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  23. #23

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Morsum ganks everyone. I'm not opposed to him being kos.
    Lol remember that day when u and swift kept ganking me for no reason? That was funny.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Folks, when you enter the Ettenmoors and step off the Steps of Grams/GV, your entering an open pvp area.
    You open yourself up to be attacked at any time in doing so.
    So, keep your guard up at all times and expect it and don't get your panties in a wad when it does happen.

    I doubt any of you have been ganked more times than Ronnug/Gunnor and if so, then you probably deserved it as well.

    For all you who come to the 1v1's to farm your renown/comms, then may you get ganked often...
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    Lol remember that day when u and swift kept ganking me for no reason? That was funny.
    I've been ganked because freeps got bored, I've been ganked because freeps thought they were better than me and could do whatever they wanted to. That however is people of the "higher society" so I guess thats where the "I can do anything I want" came in. However if people gank you and you feel you don't deserve it then you trash the person's 1v1s and make the person kos or you can tell him how little you think of him and his actions. I've seen some "top rated" 1v1ers that are still at it act like trash before. They will most certainly do it again.

    Oh you can also set certain standards, I for instance won't 1v1 people who have ganked me, people from certain kinships and I don't 1v1 people who talk bad about me. 1v1s are about having a good time. I still remember the satisfaction from finaly beating some of the better players around.

    After being logged out after writing this text one thing came to mind. I have never used a forum that logs you off in the middle of a text before.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload