We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lore-master war-steeds

Hello everyone, i got a little question.
    Im a lore-master but which kind of war-steed is the best for a LM?
    A light, medium or heavy??
    Please help me. ;D

i would say try them all and pick what you like

Yeah but a LM on a heavy war-steed is a bit silly isn't it?

I mostly use heavy, sometimes light, it depends on the warband I'm fighting. Medium I didn't like on LM.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

LM is in a great place with mounted combat, great heals, switch stances, some power return, excellent bleeds...

That said, speed is king, light steed, no other option for me.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

I loved the heavy one. But with one patch Ride for Ruin cosnumed steedpower and it began to feel uncomfortable... I switched to medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    I loved the heavy one. But with one patch Ride for Ruin cosnumed steedpower and it began to feel uncomfortable... I switched to medium.
    Still worth it for the 30k hits imo.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

I like the light steed, 9.9k DPS is the best I've done so far.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000af791/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Aimtru R8 Hunter/ Dontmakeme R8 Spider

Nice dude, but you can use sign of power: Inspiration on heavy steed as well.
    Imho if using this sign all screenies lower than 20k dps are a waste of time isn't it?

I like light, mainly because:

1. Faster Fury build up so more damage quicker on all my skills.
    2. Faster run, so get out of mobs area quicker. Sadly, this also means I end up feeling like lag affects my Light steed massively more than my wardens Medium. Also means easier to end up with adds due to said lag.

But, as an above poster said, try all three BEFORE you finish the book quest in the area and have to pick your SA bridle.

I use heavy solely because of the Trample skill. It is too much fun not to have.