We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Symbol of the Elder King

Does anyone know if one of the 3 tarnished symbols of the elder king sold at the legendary item vender in the skirmish camp is actually equivalent to the symbol of the elder king needed to make a legendary weapon by an artisan with the guild woodworker? I noticed that they have 3 listed there, but while they each cost a different number of seals, they all have the same description saying they are all needed for level 85 weapons--I'd like to make a level 65 1st age weapon.

And if the one with the lowest number of required seals IS the one I need for my woodworker to make a 1st age legendary weapon level 65, how do I get enough seals to buy this item? I checked with the currency exchange and apparently while I can trade marks for medallions and medallions for marks, I can't trade either for seals - unless there are a few bugs in the skirmish camp part of the game.

I ask this because my main toon is currently at level 58, and I'd like to be able to craft a 1st age weapon for her when she gets to level 65, but I'm a solo player with little to no opportunity to play the tier 2 Ost Dunhoth raid to pick this item up as a loot, and I certainly do not have 100+ gold to be able to purchase the rare symbol sold in the AH - I can't imagine ever getting a toon up to 50g, let alone over 100 that I've seen these things for sale for! So I'm hoping that I can buy it at the vendor--even if it means grinding through skirmishes until I earn marks to be able to purchase it!

Tarnished symbols are for level 85 1As only.

AFAIK the only way to get a 65 1A symbol (merely "Symbol of the Elder King") is OD.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

However, if you get 6 bright emblems of nimrodel, you can get a level 60 first age for her. (4 emblems will get you a 59 first ager.) On my server at least, Turtle runs are relatively frequent (they usually show up in glff) because it's fast and easy and a lot of people want to get first agers for their alts, and each run gives you an emblem.

the ones in skirm camp are for lvl85 First agers. the different costs are for different deed gates - completing all 3 erebor raids at all (t1) allows you to buy one. then completing all 3 raids on t2 and t2c unlock the lower cost ones

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Tarnished symbols are for level 85 1As only.

AFAIK the only way to get a 65 1A symbol (merely "Symbol of the Elder King") is OD.
    As far as I know, once OD was scaled along with the rest of the cluster, the only way to acquire the L65 FA became Lootboxes. Perhaps it is time to add it to the skirmish camp =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

You also cannot trade up to seals in the skirmish camps. This is working as intended (I rather wish you COULD trade up to seals, since the item is deed gated anyway). You can only get seals in group content - I believe 6 and 12 man instances only - it was 3 mans up until one of the latest updates. I'm not sure though since I haven't been able to get in a group of any size since the update with it being summer and all

Good luck getting your symbol and your FA though - btw, I'd try the 6 symbols of nimrodel for a level 60 FA to get you by a few levels as was suggested
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001d2197/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shrelana View Post
    This is working as intended (I rather wish you COULD trade up to seals, since the item is deed gated anyway).
    Won't happen, existing seals were converted to meds with U10 to avoid flooding the game with these "elite" items (the game was flooded by other means unfortunately), so we now have many people with 100k+ medaillons and marks, and allowing a reconversion would see similar problems.

You can only get seals in group content - I believe 6 and 12 man instances only - it was 3 mans up until one of the latest updates.
    You can get seals from level 85 raids on any tier, or from challenge quests in level 85 3 and 6-man instances. You can no longer get seals from completing instance deeds.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Won't happen, existing seals were converted to meds with U10 to avoid flooding the game with these "elite" items (the game was flooded by other means unfortunately), so we now have many people with 100k+ medaillons and marks, and allowing a reconversion would see similar problems.
    Yea, I know it won't happen, it just would be nice for the casual player to get nice gear without needing to pug with folks they don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    You can get seals from level 85 raids on any tier, or from challenge quests in level 85 3 and 6-man instances. You can no longer get seals from completing instance deeds.
    OK, I wasn't sure, I just haven't really had the inclination to do my old standby's for seals (library and school) since I had heard a rumor you couldn't get seals from completing either anymore...and after grinding through those for 3 seals a run for 4 sets of armour for 3 toons....yea....no, not if the seals weren't guaranteed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001d2197/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]