We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Eglain rep quests after update 12

The Eglain rep quests in Ost Guruth seem to have been overlooked in the recent changes with update 12.

Weaponsmiths can no longer make lure-traps, tailors lost their sturdy leather bindings.. and I'm not sure about metalsmiths. Are they still able to make steel prospector tools?

Just wondering if anyone mentioned it during beta, or if the developers are aware of it yet.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Ok that's not so good. I'd like to see that fixed - that's how all my characters who have gotten kin with the Eglain have managed it so far. GA is nice and all but I don't want to have to run it forty times...
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Metalsmiths can't craft that specific craft tool anymore, since they made new ones. I wanted to finish it on my alt, i can't now :/

Ugh, 10k rep to go and now can't do the quest

Yeah, just noticed this today when I tried to gain some rep on a character with tailoring. I'm not going to hold my breath on a fix.

Yeah... That's 3 out of 7 crafts that just lost their respective quest, affecting 5 out of 7 vocations. TWO vocations even lost the ability to craft for Eglain rep at all - Explorer(!) and Armourer.

I like the changes that's been done, but Turbine really does have room for improvement on the make-sure-changes-don't-break-old-content front...

While I don't have anything new to add, as an Explorer myself this is very annoying. I just want to reiterate that this is disrupting to the flow of the game and hopefully get some attention so this is eventually fixed.

Relative newcomer here. Trying to get reputation for the Eglain has been a slog so far, so I was excited to find out about these quests-only to find that they've not been updated. I too have toons, particularly an Explorer, who are affected by this. It didn't seem to be something you would file a bug report about. How does one bring it to the attention of someone who can do something?

It is most decidedly something to file a bug report about! This kind of thing - always /bug it!

Crafting

• Several crafting reputation quests in the Lonelands have been changed and will once again require items that can be made by the specified crafting profession.
    ^ Bullroarer 12.1 patch notes

/cheer
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]