We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Missing Obsolete Conversion recipes for some components?

The tooltip for yew bowstaves suggests there should be an auto-granted conversion recipe for them like there are for yew hafts and braces, but there is no corresponding conversion recipe in my crafting panel. I've only got 3 of them sitting in the vault and can easily sell them to a vendor for coin, but other woodworkers may be have lots of bowstaves stacked in their vaults they would like to convert for the wood and can't.

Incidentally, this seems to be an issue for all woodworking tiers--we had 3 components for most levels, but are getting only two conversion recipes.

There's masses that appear to be missing for tailor and forrester. For instance, I can't convert my extraordinary hides at all?
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

I noticed that. Devs, Sapience--will we get missing conversion recipes in the next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbun View Post
    There's masses that appear to be missing for tailor and forrester. For instance, I can't convert my extraordinary hides at all?
    I converted some today. Maybe they are tailor recipes not forester recipes. Forester recipes

Extraordinary Hides convert into Brushed Magnificent Leather.
    Extraordinary Leather convert into Glazed Magnificent Leather.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Nov 20 2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    The tooltip for yew bowstaves suggests there should be an auto-granted conversion recipe for them like there are for yew hafts and braces, but there is no corresponding conversion recipe in my crafting panel.
    IIRC - We only made two of the components - braces and hafts. Bow staves are a vendor purchased item which is no longer called for by any wood worker recipe. The only thing you can do is sell them back to a vendor for a few silver. Turbine is not going to let us get free materials by converting a former vendor component. Turbine did their job properly no vendor sells them any more.

Traveling rations are another example of a discontinued item. They are no longer sold by vendors. No traveling skill requires them. Perhaps Turbine missed something with traveling rations like a Captain's summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    IIRC - We only made two of the components - braces and hafts. Bow staves are a vendor purchased item which is no longer called for by any wood worker recipe. The only thing you can do is sell them back to a vendor for a few silver. Turbine is not going to let us get free materials by converting a former vendor component. Turbine did their job properly no vendor sells them any more.

Traveling rations are another example of a discontinued item. They are no longer sold by vendors. No traveling skill requires them. Perhaps Turbine missed something with traveling rations like a Captain's summon.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...owstaff_Recipe

yew bowstaff was created by a recipe ( one from 2 treated yew plank.) It was created and used like braces and haft and should have had an obsolete recipe like they did.

Weaponsmith

I have a few WeaponSmith items not offering conversion...it seems all hilts are missing, I have dark iron and bronze, and also finely-balanced guards...all crafted by me. Annoying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000022fcc/signature.png]Findorin[/charsig]

Question Tailor components Missing

In order to make Glazed Sturdy Leather I need Embossed Leather Brace The recipe for this is not available so how do I make the Embossed Leather Brace ??

You're in luck! That appears to be true only if you had some embossed leather braces leftover from before the expansion that need to be converted. Otherwise you just make glazed sturdy leathers under the Forester tab if you're an Explorer, or buy or trade to get them if you're one of the other professions.

I've not studied this in-game yet, but, have you checked the top-right corner of the conversion skill recipe to see if it's got a multi-output option?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

They are multi output. I just checked my woodworking since I saw this thread earlier. I think the one the OP was missing is the second output on our second recipe--yep, yew bowstaves are the needed ingredient for the second output for "thin yew board" recipe in expert woodworking.

So far, all of my old components, there is some way or another to break them back down. Haven't found any missing yet, but I've not checked ALL my crafters.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Nov 20 2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: found what I was looking for
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 19 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August will be our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbas1 View Post
    In order to make Glazed Sturdy Leather I need Embossed Leather Brace The recipe for this is not available so how do I make the Embossed Leather Brace ??
    Glazed Sturdy Leather is made by forresters. The recipe you are looking at is the one they gave us to "unmake" components that are now obsolete.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 19 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August will be our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    They are multi output. I just checked my woodworking since I saw this thread earlier. I think the one the OP was missing is the second output on our second recipe--yep, yew bowstaves are the needed ingredient for the second output for "thin yew board" recipe in expert woodworking.

So far, all of my old components, there is some way or another to break them back down. Haven't found any missing yet, but I've not checked ALL my crafters.
    *facepalm* Thanks, Gaming_Gal. Figures that I can find that answer for other people and completely miss it for myself. In my own defense, I didn't discover the multi-recipes for other posters until after I dug around a little, and forgot to look for the answer to my own problem.

CMs--just ignore me. I claim a senior moment (and a migraine--do you think you could add headache relief to the minstrel trait tree?).

*dashes off to clear another slot in her woodworker's vault*

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    They are multi output.
    Thanks. I am so dumb. I forgot to check for multi output which is very common for a number of crafting operations. I use the second option for farmer a lot with the hearty seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Thanks. I am so dumb. I forgot to check for multi output which is very common for a number of crafting operations. I use the second option for farmer a lot with the hearty seeds.
    Can't say as I blame anyone for not checking multi-OUTPUT for ingredient changes, as those would be INPUT.