We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    if we get crafting with our house great but its not a major requirement for me, i would like to see perhaps deluxe houses have 3 large yard spots as with one house i have the pitfire in my front yard and by my house i have the hammic and now i dont have a third large yard spot to put my bonfire to have a little campout in my front yard.

and i would love to have a extra floor as well in my deluxe, im starting to get heavily into decorating and just wish there was a lot more room there
    If you are going to be bad, be bad with purpose, otherwise your just not worth Forgiving

Damon Salvatore

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I just want to set some expectations before too many people start getting the wrong ideas.

Primarily, please do not confuse 'this year' with 'Helm's Deep'. While there may be some first steps in launched alongside Helm's Deep we aren't trying to tie the two things together. Any housing changes wouldn't be tied to a HD purchase for example. So don't expect HD to launch with an entirely new housing system, and I'd caution against thinking we're going to be able to rip out the old system and build a new one from the ground up. That's just not in the scope of this. If you think more in terms of revise and revitalize, you're a lot closer than if you're thinking overhaul and rebuild.
    So, no free placement, but more hooks?

What about a Hulk-Smash to make the 'special furniture' type non-existent?

Could I hope for more sensible size allocations? I.E. small things like chairs can fit into thin slots and small yard items don't take up large spaces? Dare I dream that the indoor cook-fire will no longer take a large rug slot?

I won't hold my breath on armor mannequins, but what about crafting stations and npc upgrades? Or is that one of those 'NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN, SO STOP ASKING' type of requests?

One last thing, I must ask while I'm on the subject.... but what Dev do I have to worship to keep upgrades and housing-related 'stuff' from being turned into another $20-a-pop real-money micro-(ahem)transaction in the Turbine store?

I think it would be foolish to expect housing to be completely free from store-purchases yet be revamped at all, but I do hope that 1. The store links are unintrusive and 2. The prices are reasonable. Something like a single extra hook should not cost 100s of TP, etc.

Also, please make sure there are hooks available (in at least some way) so that we can place chairs around a table, and not just by the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    I think it would be foolish to expect housing to be completely free from store-purchases yet be revamped at all, but I do hope that 1. The store links are unintrusive and 2. The prices are reasonable. Something like a single extra hook should not cost 100s of TP, etc.

Also, please make sure there are hooks available (in at least some way) so that we can place chairs around a table, and not just by the walls.
    Oh no! I now have a horrible image in my head of my house being a sea of lemons. (What a bunch of us call the Turbine Store logo.)
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 20 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

I have a lot of fun decorating my Hobbit hole and my personal kin house. (aka "Rohirrim" kinship Mead Hall)

I would love to have more outdoor hooks for my deluxe Hobbit hole (1 or 2 huge spots + 3 or 4 more large spots + 4 more small spots would satisfy me)
    My kin house is OK for my needs but I would probably buy some spots there as well if available.

I hope to take advantage of the current bonus TP promotion so I have a stockpile of TP available in 4 - 5 months (or whenever) when the housing changes become active.

So I, for one, am willing to purchase and spend TP for use on housing/kin house upgrades but my hopes are primarily for outdoor expansion.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

I would love to see a housing option in Lothlorien. (keeps dreaming)
    Aranimda, L80 Elven Hunter, Evernight.
    1 Twinfall Path, Norrant, Falathlorn Homesteads.

Thanks for the link Khafar, I remember I read it from an official source just couldn't remember where. Now I do understand how it can impact the social hubs but they also have to do something with housing, its just too boring to own a house at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynok View Post
    I wanna be able to buy crafting stations for my house so I can craft there. Workbench, large wall. Oven large yard. Forge large yard. Add a supplier with discounts to the housing areas.
    The supplier in the housing areas already provide a discount--or are you talking about something besides crafting supplies?

My hobbits need a pedicure station in their hole. But seriously housing is totally unrepresented in the turbine store. I would like to be able to buy maps to my friends houses or to my house I can give to friends.
    Holder of a Golden Ticket (lifetime acct)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2