We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

question on reavers

Question for the reavers ….for some reason I have a harder time with high ranked reavers do most revers trait for higher physical mitigation vs tactical or are they just built this way …
    Just a thought do certain classes (freeps) overpower (creeps) I know anyone can beat anyone obviously with a little skill but I am wondering does a class build or design by turbine put an edge on another say like my own class (Hunter) for the most part I feel pretty confident on beating Black arrows, wargs and weavers are they built with certain mitigation's that makes them more vulnerable to physical mastery attacks? I know they can trait for higher or lesser mitigation's of course and rank and player skill have a huge portion to do with it as well I have just been wondering

also I would like to know what classes (freeps) (creeps) match up well with each other in a 1v1 is it straight up beside the obvious classes that are their twins
    [FONT=lucida grande][B][COLOR=#FF0000][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][COLOR=#37404e][FONT=lucida grande][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=lucida grande][B]YOLO HUNTER !!! Officer Riddles in the dark ....Best REAL hunter on server[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#37404e][FONT=lucida grande]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

LM> all.

Warden> all

Minstrel> all (although higher ranked reavers do some solid dps against this class)

Did I miss anything?
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Well, some general things some reavers might do is:
    - Apply their +20% miss chance after a different wound effect, so you are stuck with it
    - Untrait fire damage, apply their -armour rating, for medium and light armours its pretty bad unless you stack physical mitigation. This can bring your mits to something like 20-30%.
    - They'll apply their dots then impale, so you might find yourself from 5k morale to 0 in a very short time

In my opinion classes that match up to reavers well are spear wardens that don't heal/trait shield.

Things that i keep in mind when fighting reavers is trying to pot their miss chance debuff and good movement, keybind your skills and mouse turn.

Hope this will help.
    retired warden mouse clicker turtlemoss, countless storebought creeps

backpedal and penshot, if that doesn't work then get better gear
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    ./facepalm

Some people say the most darling things.
    Freeps :LVL 95 Travorn R11 Hunter, Tragan R5 Guard, Moghra R6 Mini, Battman R6 Burg, Zathelionn R6 Cappy, Travii R5 Warden - Horizon

Creeps : Clintwestwood R9 BA, Tuggerbask R8 Warg, Wargasm R6 WL- The AAC/ Table Smashers

Quote Originally Posted by trav1994 View Post
    ./facepalm

Some people say the most darling things.
    i guess you could add blood arrow in there between every fifth penshot or something, add some pizazz.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    wow never thought of that XD lol jk....and and my gear is really good
    back to my question can somebody answer I am just curious I have talked to other hunters as well they have same prob reavers
    [FONT=lucida grande][B][COLOR=#FF0000][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][COLOR=#37404e][FONT=lucida grande][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=lucida grande][B]YOLO HUNTER !!! Officer Riddles in the dark ....Best REAL hunter on server[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#37404e][FONT=lucida grande]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Very few creeps will trait for mitigations, beyond the class trait for armour boost some classes have.

Reaver physical mitigations are proportionately higher than those for most other creeps, compared to tactical mits, but not drastically so.

My warg never had much trouble if I found you solo as your defensive skill use (dazing blow, cry of the hunter) were fairly predictable. Make sure you aren't wasting slow/stun skills for the reavers initial charge (you always used dazing or cry predictably so I would pre-stun pot and you would still waste it to no effect).

Reavers are a tough fight for a hunter if you don't have the innate survivability to get through their initial charge though.

Listing how every freep and creep stacks up against eachother 1v1 is a book I'm neither interested in writing nor fully qualified to speak about in many cases, suffice to say the player matters a lot more than the class.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]