We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

First Age item decision

Ok, after searching through the forums, I have been unable to find an answer to this.

I have 4 level cap toons, and I play all of them an equal amount of time. I almost have enough seals to barter for a 1st ager, but I'm not sure whether to get a weapon or class item, and for which toon? I have a guardian, minstrel, champ, and dps RK. All of them currently have 2nd age weapons and class items. Just not sure which would benefit the most from 1st age.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    102Grd 105Min 101Ch 100RK 100Cpt 105Hunt 102Wdn 105Burg 58LM ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    35Grd 35Min 35Ch 37RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

Any of them can/will benefit from the FA item, but SA items are good enough it's not a huge deal. In other words, I don't think you can go wrong. Given no other info, with the 4 characters you list and only 1 FA item I'd suggest going with a main weapon for the champ or stone for the RK. All characters benefit from the higher stats/increased major legacies of FA items, but since those 2 are primarily DPSers they will also benefit directly from the base DPS increase of the LI.

I'd go with a guard belt (for more aggro) or class item for the mini (for more healing).
    There are no real DPS races currently at endgame (except maybe flight t2c), so a first age weapon isn't needed, and might actually be harmful with a weaker tank as you'll generate more aggro.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

I would recommend your dps rk, definetly does boost your dps for guards its a boost but can tank with a second age without problems, mini is another good choice but you seem to like your rk better, so I would just do that.

Do a gut instict call.

Personally I'd go with the champ. Lets face it, the champ is the true hero while the other classes exist to support said hero in their own way. Give the hero the heroic tools to be a true champ!! Go with either a 1h or 2h sword so you could look as awesome as you feel while shing shinging your way to glory (or fervour technically because who really uses glory anyway).

Champ ftw!

Thank you for all of the great advice. All of it was quite logical, and really helped me to make a decision.I think I am going to choose the 1st age weapon for my champ. PoeticNightmare's comment was exceptionally animated and hilarious!

+rep to you folks!

Thanks again!!
    102Grd 105Min 101Ch 100RK 100Cpt 105Hunt 102Wdn 105Burg 58LM ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    35Grd 35Min 35Ch 37RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

Quote Originally Posted by Arbornal View Post
    Thank you for all of the great advice. All of it was quite logical, and really helped me to make a decision.I think I am going to choose the 1st age weapon for my champ. PoeticNightmare's comment was exceptionally animated and hilarious!

+rep to you folks!

Thanks again!!
    Great choice, you will not be dissapointed! Enjoy the onslaught of orcs ahead and revel in the fear they undoubtedly will exhibit as you emerge from the hills first ager in hand laughing and shing shinging through the battlefield. Remember, if you're not pulling every single enemy you can find to create a pretty and huge AoE target, if your not taking as much aggro as possible from the guardian and if your not forcing the healer to focus only on you, you're doing something wrong. Good hunting fellow champion!