We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bringing old school back (work in progress)

I would really like to see the moors improve in the quality of its fights. Quality meaning size and evenness of them. Getting people in the moors is hard sometimes but I would like to propose that we have a few times a month if not week when the larger raid leaders go to the moors and have some fun. Although i cant raid lead very well i know that other people will do that for me. I'm just jotting down an idea at the moment so if anybody would like to contribute of contact me about it either reply to this thread or drop me an email.

Email - gladdenpvpmp@outlook
    In Game - Zikenlatuken

Thanks in advance for the ideas.
    -Zikenlatuken-
    [COLOR=#daa520]"I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it."[/COLOR] [COLOR=#800000]-Niccolo Machiaveli[/COLOR]

I think part of the problem is freeps often won't group up. And when they do group up, many freep raid leaders are content in sitting in their npcs or one shots even when it's not warranted.

For example, last night, we had a great fight inside of a freep owned Tirith Rhaw while creeps had the outnumbered buff. The creep raid sustained in there as long as they could, then had to drop out, and eventually wiped trying to distance themselves from the keep.

It was a great thirty minute fight. You would think freeps would come back at the creeps to sustain the action and keep the momentum going, right? Nope. What do they do? They disappear for 30 minutes, creeps get bored and start to log, and freeps reappear with a full raid and delving buffs.

I just can't fathom the logic. "We just had a great 30 minute fight, let's go disappear to the delving for half an hour!"
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jun 24 2013 at 03:52 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I think part of the problem is freeps often won't group up. And when they do group up, many freep raid leaders are content in sitting in their npcs or one shots even when it's not warranted.

For example, last night, we had a great fight inside of a freep owned Tirith Rhaw while creeps had the outnumbered buff. The creep raid sustained in there as long as they could, then had to drop out, and eventually wiped trying to distance themselves from the keep.

It was a great thirty minute fight. You would think freeps would come back at the creeps to sustain the action and keep the momentum going, right? Nope. What do they do? They disappear for 30 minutes, creeps get bored and start to log, and freeps reappear with a full raid and delving buffs.
    Yeah I don't get this. Freeps are obviously op as heck and yet creeps are often times the more aggressive group. Makes no sense at all.

Creeps told us they were taking a break after that fight. So the leader decided to get a renown buff to pass the time. Just took longer than expected.
    [color=maroon][size=1][center]Clown • Reject • Gigabytes[/center][/size][/color]

Not that i'm any leader of great repute, but I don't mind making/taking the button at times as long as the groups aren't too big, otherwise my pc locks up, and i'm just wasting space.

However when I do lead, as some peeps know, I definitely like to push.

To that end, i'd really like to see the action increase, and will lend my aid to the righteousness of pvp glory and group more as time allows to possibly help facilitate shiny points rolling across everyones screen.

I just can't fathom the logic. "We just had a great 30 minute fight, let's go disappear to the delving for half an hour!"

Just wanted to point out that this happens on both sides with regularity.

Tree buff.
    Action.
    Pause.
    Tree buff gone.
    Unpause.
    Action.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a remedy for it as long as the rewards remain, other than keeping eyes on the delving.

What da hail Vic?? Shhhhhhh?

I understand where ya coming from here, just like Creeps pushing in Lugz all day today with one wipe after another and then finally, you came along and organize enough of us to take it while the Freeps that were there farming us logged as soon as they saw us gain numbers for the most part.

But seriously? Do we really want Freeps to get organized and figure out just how OP they are? I'm enjoying killing the misfit, wannabe pvper's just like they are.. It's hilarious!!!! Never has killing a Freep been more satisfying than it is right now..

So please SHhhhhh?
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Just wanted to point out that this happens on both sides with regularity.

Tree buff.
    Action.
    Pause.
    Tree buff gone.
    Unpause.
    Action.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a remedy for it as long as the rewards remain, other than keeping eyes on the delving.
    I admit myself, Tarvin, and Del will often go take the tree. But generally we do it either before we roll out and start raiding or after we've pushed basically every keep on the map, flipped it, and destroyed any and all resistance. I guess I can't speak for other creep raid leaders when I'm not around, but I've never disappeared into the delving for 30 minutes after a raid of the opposing side wiped pushing my keep. I mean, in my opinion on a raid leader level, that's just &&&&ing rude.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Although the creeps had the outnumbered buff, all the freeps weren't grouped. Freep side is cliquey, and there was another group off doing whatever they were doing while we fought. We couldn't get the ideal group make up to push at times, because quantity doesn't match the quality. Most of the people on creep are vets, and more seasoned players, freeps don't normally have that same advantage. And eventually the creep outnumbered buff went away anyway. While we were in the delving, the creeps flipped lugz and rop, and eventually they disbanded.

The buffs are part of the problem here, having to flip things constantly, and every hour is a hassle and both sides always do it. Many freep raids try to flip renown buffs, and every creep raid I've been in the past few months has wanted to flip the buffs to their favor as well. Both sides turtle in their npcs, and while freeps maybe be OP 1v1 to creeps, as I've said before, most creeps are vets and don't have a problem 1 on 1 with the freeps. That and the creeps as of late have been grouped up against ungrouped freeps, whether or not they can or can't make a group. The one night freeps managed to make a good group, creep players got frustrated and logged after a few wipes, had the freeps done that there would've been complaining. I understand creep isn't easy to play right now.

Tonight was a good example, I had 20+ creeps on track at lugz, and most of the freeps, not all, but most were ungrouped asking if anyone had a raid or a group. No one wants to lead, so freeps got farmed for a bit, some logged off, creeps died some and pulled back. Hichamir formed a group and then a raid, and the creeps logged off for the most part. KMT led a group, but he was outnumbered, so I left not seeing any challenge in fighting 7 with our group, even if we pushed TR.

We need more people to take charge and lead on both sides, if someone would like to try and help me learn, I'll try to do what I can to lead. But there are more seasoned people than me who are more capable, and until they step up, we wont have much good action. Our server is dying, less and less people are returning, I'd like to change that. So if we can all take off our freep and creep goggles, and help Zik or anyone else to sort it out, it'd be awesome.

tl;dr:
    Vets need to lead. People need to stop ez moding and flipping, and stand to the fight. If one group has a lot of noobs and not many who know what they're doing, the other side should take that into account and play accordingly, otherwise they wont be getting many people out to kill. Groups should only be used when warranted, same with raids.

Just my two cents on some of the issues I've seen

Sometimes the problem is not getting people to Moors. It's take them off GTA and the 1vs1's.
    That's ok, one time, a player measure is strength against other in a clean (?) fight. But doing all day... it's becoming tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    tl;dr:
    Vets need to lead. People need to stop ez moding and flipping, and stand to the fight. If one group has a lot of noobs and not many who know what they're doing, the other side should take that into account and play accordingly, otherwise they wont be getting many people out to kill. Groups should only be used when warranted, same with raids.

Just my two cents on some of the issues I've seen
    I like you.

I think you guys are missing the point of the thread.

P.S get out of my thread aneela your not allowed in here
    [COLOR=#daa520]"I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it."[/COLOR] [COLOR=#800000]-Niccolo Machiaveli[/COLOR]

Well, I tried to lead tonight, couldn't get the heals since no one wants to group. Which is a big issue on this server.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Well, I tried to lead tonight, couldn't get the heals since no one wants to group. Which is a big issue on this server.
    I'm not really one to talk about people grouping, I'm pretty much always by myself. So take this with a grain of salt.

But we had a good thing going in the moors about an hour or so ago. No one was really grouped on either side. People we getting kills, and I don't know about everyone else but I was having fun. Then a whole bunch of creeps showed up, turned the map red and is currently camping GV, farming the freeps pretty badly.

The not grouping thing kind of goes both way. Sure the freeps should probably do it more. But I think the creeps should do it less too. If there is no raid to fight, you don't really need to be in a raid stomping everything in sight.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    I'm not really one to talk about people grouping, I'm pretty much always by myself. So take this with a grain of salt.

But we had a good thing going in the moors about an hour or so ago. No one was really grouped on either side. People we getting kills, and I don't know about everyone else but I was having fun. Then a whole bunch of creeps showed up, turned the map red and is currently camping GV, farming the freeps pretty badly.

The not grouping thing kind of goes both way. Sure the freeps should probably do it more. But I think the creeps should do it less too. If there is no raid to fight, you don't really need to be in a raid stomping everything in sight.
    Ya, I tried after they had a zerg out, but none of the freeps running around wanted to group, for the most part.