We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Replacing a Legacy

    I upgraded my 1st age rune to include an extra legacy spot. I wanted to add Ardour/Glory Pip interval to it but for some reason it will not let me add this legacy. I know it is a class legacy and it says that I have no items that this will work on. Can anyone advise?

  2. #2
    Most common mistake I've run into,
    is people trying to add a legacy they've
    pulled off of a lowerlevel weapon/item.
    Be sure to check the minimum level req
    for the legacy you are trying to add.

    If the legacy has a targetlevel of max 85,
    then I have no clue why it won't work.
    An Crystal-slot should take any legacy,
    as long as it's the right itemtype and level.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicKeaton View Post
    I upgraded my 1st age rune to include an extra legacy spot. I wanted to add Ardour/Glory Pip interval to it but for some reason it will not let me add this legacy. I know it is a class legacy and it says that I have no items that this will work on. Can anyone advise?
    Ardour/Glory Pip Generations is a Champion Class Item Major Legacy. To install this legacy you must meet all the following requirements:

    1) The legacy scroll must be a level 85 scroll. This is most likely your problem. The scroll you are using is a lower level scroll.

    2) The target item must not already have the Ardour/Glory Pip generation legacy. I've done this mistake before. Try to add a legacy to an item that already has the legacy.

    3) You have to apply the scroll to a class item. Champion Rune

    4) You can only install this legacy in a major slot.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicKeaton View Post
    I know it is a class legacy and it says that I have no items that this will work on. Can anyone advise?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvAmy View Post
    Most common mistake I've run into, is people trying to add a legacy they've
    pulled off of a lowerlevel weapon/item. Be sure to check the maximum level req for the legacy you are trying to add.
    Legacy scrolls specify maximum (not minimum) levels. If this is the case, you can always add it to a 3rd-age of that max level, level it up to 30+, and decon to get a higher maximum level scroll.

    For example, if your legacy scroll came from deconstructing a level 60 rune, it's max level will be 65. You can put it on a level 65 rune, level to 30+, and decon to extract a max-level-75 scroll. Put that on a level 75 rune, level to 30+ and decon to get a max-level-85 scroll.

    It's a little less work to locate a 3rd-age rune of level 75-85 that identifies with the legacy you're looking for if that legacy is a major legacy; then you only need to level that one rune to 30+ for decon to extract a max-level-85 legacy scroll. But if you're looking for a minor legacy and the RNG is being helpful, the stepping-stone method of increasing the max-level of a legacy scroll can be handy.



    Quote Originally Posted by EvAmy View Post
    If the legacy has a targetlevel of max 85, then I have no clue why it won't work. An Crystal-slot should take any legacy, as long as it's the right itemtype and level.
    The only case where this doesn't work is when the target item already has that particular legacy (at tier 2 or greater). If the target item has the same legacy but it's only tier 1, you should be able to use the legacy scroll on the item: it will only replace the identical legacy, but you'll end up with a tier 2 legacy instead of the original tier 1.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload