We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Lottery Setup Being Worked On - Will The White Screen of Death problem be fixed?

Since last mid-July, I have been unable to load the lottery page on my main account. Others have had this problem as well. We just get a white screen, or an error page in explorer.

Reason for this is too many winnings in the past, and the site seems to hang up when trying to reference the winnings I think.

It was fixed once before by all the past winning info being cleared, but once you win too many lotteries, back it is again.

Will this problem be addressed with the new lottery setup being worked on? It makes me very sad to be unable to enter lotteries for almost an entire year now on my main account and characters...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Since last mid-July, I have been unable to load the lottery page on my main account. Others have had this problem as well. We just get a white screen, or an error page in explorer.

Reason for this is too many winnings in the past, and the site seems to hang up when trying to reference the winnings I think.

It was fixed once before by all the past winning info being cleared, but once you win too many lotteries, back it is again.

Will this problem be addressed with the new lottery setup being worked on? It makes me very sad to be unable to enter lotteries for almost an entire year now on my main account and characters...
    [JOKE]That's what you get for cheating your way to all those wins. This way everyone else gets a chance.[/JOKE]

In all seriousness that sucks that you're running into that. Have you tried accessing it with a different browser or from a different device (tablet, mobile device, different computer, etc...)? I'm just curious since you specifically call out "explorer" that maybe Opera/Chrome/Firefox or something else might work.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    [JOKE]That's what you get for cheating your way to all those wins. This way everyone else gets a chance.[/JOKE]

In all seriousness that sucks that you're running into that. Have you tried accessing it with a different browser or from a different device (tablet, mobile device, different computer, etc...)? I'm just curious since you specifically call out "explorer" that maybe Opera/Chrome/Firefox or something else might work.
    Makes no difference which browser. Or even which computer I try to do it on. My second main account, the one I started when FtP began, is about 99% of the time getting white screened as well. Like now I am unable to enter the mount lottery on that one.

I am really hoping that when they remake the forums and site that this is corrected. It really is not necessary for the site to do a check on all past winnings everytime you load the lottery page.

Important thing for all to keep in mind. Don't enter lotteries that are things like pie, fireworks and such. Only ones that really matter. That way, even if the new forums and lottery setup still have the same problem, you won't get locked out of the lotteries.
    Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; Jun 25 2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy