We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

so what's the deal with resilience

as the thread title asks.

was it brainstormed or something? did someone think reavers definitely needed subjecting to more CC?
    just curious, haven't eaten as much greybar since you could be riddled out of charge
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    as the thread title asks.

was it brainstormed or something? did someone think reavers definitely needed subjecting to more CC?
    just curious, haven't eaten as much greybar since you could be riddled out of charge
    As far as I know Resilience has been around for a long time, at least as long as I can remember. I haven't played reaver on rank 5/6 (I think it used to be 6) that I can tell when it came into the game.

However, it used to be worse, it only shrugged off CC and I think it also used to give a tiny immunity to stuns. Yet with update 6 they added that you can shrug off slows as well.

Reaver is supposedly the Champion of the creeps: heavy armour, ways to charge in to finish the target in melee. Champions also have a skill that shrugs off stuns. At the moment reavers are in a decent position but nothing close to champs, so you'd better ask why Champions have such skill rather than reavers.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qx7sdx.png[/IMG]
    [B]:::[/B][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/33lk1hx.png[/IMG][B] :::[/B] ~ Arrostorm
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    However, it used to be worse, it only shrugged off CC and I think it also used to give a tiny immunity to stuns. Yet with update 6 they added that you can shrug off slows as well.
    It used to work exactly like a stun/root pot with 1 minute cooldown, no immunity

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    It used to work exactly like a stun/root pot with 1 minute cooldown, no immunity
    Then I think the immunity came bacause the reaver shrugged the stun off, but I think you couldn't instantly stun a reaver just after.

As I said I never played reaver a lot (and I still don't) so I don't really recall it well. It used to be a minor thing anyway.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qx7sdx.png[/IMG]
    [B]:::[/B][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/33lk1hx.png[/IMG][B] :::[/B] ~ Arrostorm
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

I should clarify, I've played a reaver since book 11 SoA. Didn't it used to grant a 5-10s immunity to CC and slows with Isengard? and now you can be rooted/stunned during the buff so it's back to being basically an extra CC pot of a skill.

seems like it changed with RoR
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    I should clarify, I've played a reaver since book 11 SoA. Didn't it used to grant a 5-10s immunity to CC and slows with Isengard? and now you can be rooted/stunned during the buff so it's back to being basically an extra CC pot of a skill.

seems like it changed with RoR
    The update to it arrived in update 6 (mid Isengard,) but has always been bugged so if you use resilience while someone is using the animation/induction for a stun, root, or any kind of CC, you still receive the effect and it ignores resilience