We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezz View Post
    I'd really like anyone to give me a logical argument (asserting that the statement I quoted above is true) as to why Multi-boxing fixes made the cut in the last patch notes here http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...80#post6818880 specifically the part titled as such.....

"An issue preventing multiple clients from running on a single machine has been addressed."
    If Turbine believes (for whatever reason) that multi-boxers are spending more money on the game as a unit than PvMPers, then it makes sense. One rich dilettante with six accounts spending tons of money on TP for each account trumps six PvMPer lifers spending zero, or six PvMPers spending considerably less to max out one creep each.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdon1 View Post
    If Turbine believes (for whatever reason) that multi-boxers are spending more money on the game as a unit than PvMPers, then it makes sense. One rich dilettante with six accounts spending tons of money on TP for each account trumps six PvMPer lifers spending zero, or six PvMPers spending considerably less to max out one creep each.
    I don't doubt at all that money is one of the main factors in what does or does not get priority (and within reason rightly so) , but the seemingly "Popular" response I hear alot is that PvMPers represent a small portion of the population, as in head count not dollars spent....and I'm just pointing out that Multboxers, especially those doing it for fun not for rank farming purposes, are a extremely small number of the population. On my home server Dwarrowdelf, besides the rank farmers I can't remember ever seeing a multiboxer just PvPing it up...maybe PvE side has more, but they are very scarce. I'd dare say that for every multiboxer (who uses it for actual PvE or to push him/herself in PvP) there are at least 50 PvMPers, if not more...all speculation of course, but I think even if they were loaded and spending money for 6 accounts as you stated, there are still significantly more PvPers who play only one toon...and those should be given higher priority IMHO.

I guess in a summary what I've been trying to get across is the argument that I've heard that PvMPers dont get any love cause we are a insignificant percentage of the population has been totally proven wrong just by looking at the last patch notes. Small niche groups which have significantly less active participants are currently getting more attention than PvMPers.....so the % of population argument is null and void.

Also I would like to state that I am not really for nor against multiboxing unless it is used for rank farming which I am totally against, I was only comparing Populations of both to make a point.
    Last edited by Vezz; Jun 23 2013 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezz View Post
    I guess in a summary what I've been trying to get across is the argument that I've heard that PvMPers dont get any love cause we are a insignificant percentage of the population has been totally proven wrong just by looking at the last patch notes. Small niche groups which have significantly less active participants are currently getting more attention than PvMPers.....so the % of population argument is null and void.
    I guess Turbine forgot that PvMP (on both sides, but mainly freep side*) is something that is nearly the only bonus VIPs have, aside from the IJizzAlot-500TP-a-month, of course.

* Since creep classes and skills can be bought without spending a nickle, and freeps cannot be summoned in the moors unless they are VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    The zone may be small but it's player base is NOT. I invite you to go to http://lotroaltfinder.net/
    My guess is anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000-8,000 players are online in the moors across all the servers at any one time. There are web browser games with larger player bases. Full time creeps are a minority of a minority. So if that red headed step child had a red headed step child it would be on par with pvmp.

Quote Originally Posted by ssSteele View Post
    My guess is anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000-8,000 players are online in the moors across all the servers at any one time. There are web browser games with larger player bases. Full time creeps are a minority of a minority. So if that red headed step child had a red headed step child it would be on par with pvmp.
    Where do you draw this conclusion that there are "1,000 to 2,000-8,000 players" online at any time, and what is that supposed to mean exactly? How many total freeps are online at any one time, 10-80,000? 100-800,000? There are online browser games with larger player-bases than that, too...

creeps make up 12% of total characters in this game.

Since none of us have the facts, lets pretent creepside players spend money on this game at a roughly equal rate to the varous contingents of players types in this game. Do you think turbine allocates even remotely close to 12% of their total operating resources to creepside?

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.
    Many moons ago, back when the Old Forest became the New-New-Old Forest, Turbine gave Weavers a 16 second unbreakable root. This was a time before DR and the 10 second immunity to CC that pots give creeps now and Creeps could be perma mezzed or rooted. This 16 second root from Weavers caused a few deaths for Freeps. The outcry from the Freep community was so loud Turbine took away the root within a month.

A year or so later, BAs received an incurable stack-able fire DoT. The incurable part was fixed immediately, but wasn't enough. The stack-able part was still killing Freeps. So the cooldown was increased to prevent stacking.

These events made it pretty clear what Turbine intended PvMP to be. It is simply a way for players to earn titles and a few goodies. When I say players, I mean Freeps. Creeps are not payers, they are mobs. Creeps are intended to be farmed the same as any other mob in LOTRO. Anything that changes this fact will immediately be removed.

Latest case in point. The Warden's stack-able incurable DoTs. One which can be over 1,000 points for 10+ ticks.

In other-words, PvMP is exactly where Turbine wants it. Best to accept it for what it is, another easy way for Players to earn goodies.

I continue to think that an easy balancing tool would be to add a form of legendary item for creeps. Creeps complain now but at the beginning of Rogan all I heard about was creeps using their initial advantage to take ops, turn the map red, and bottle the creeps up at GV. As 2nd age, 1st age and armor upgrades flowed in, the balance shifted. Giving creeps access to legendaries releasing scaled versions parallel to freeps gaining access to upgrades would create more symmetry instead of the seesaw that the Ettenmoors has become.
    Last edited by SirAndrose; Jun 28 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Where do you draw this conclusion that there are "1,000 to 2,000-8,000 players" online at any time, and what is that supposed to mean exactly?
    Someone else made the 8k prediction in some thread I can't remember, and sapience said it wasn't even close. It should be obvious that pve is turbines real money maker so it shouldn't be a surprise that whatever money made from creeps is used to fuel pve. Don't forget either that it is a fact that turbines technology (TP) was the driving force behind the purchase by WB. WB wants their return investment, not the quality of pvmp. Now if the pvmp active player base was 800,000 than the return investment would be worth spending the resources because there would be a lot more to lose.

It is also important to note that the current model encourages players to play each fotm class whichever faction has been given the edge which increases the likelihood of that player to advance through use of the store. If someone had been playing a hunter back when it could 1-3 shot only to make a warden now that they can DoT stack the likelihood of that player using the store to advance is increased. Or when people started playing defilers because they could heal leech or wargs or BA's when freavers were useless. One guy I know who was perma banned on his creep made a ftp acct and bought one of the creep starter packages. Why invest in a niche that still sells?

Talking ....

Quote Originally Posted by site400 View Post
    News Flash: LOTRO is a PvE game, I think its time for all the PvP'ers to move on to another game and quit clogging up our forums with posts like this.

The key turner pve grinder has spoken.

Its sad because many pvpers play the game since the first week, are Tolkien fans for decades, finished all pve endgame long ago, did 6 man instances in SOA harder than endgame raids now, did all deeds, explored all Middle Earth corners, and still have to read silly posts like this after 6 years of gaming.
    Last edited by Corlindel-; Jun 28 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by site400 View Post
    News Flash: LOTRO is a PvE game, I think its time for all the PvP'ers to move on to another game and quit clogging up our forums with posts like this.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate it when people say this xD.

If you don't like the posts, don't come to the PvMP Forums to read them. Nobody is forcing you to read our posts in our subforums lol.

There have always been arguments regarding the stats that come out of the game.

Dailystats, alt finder, etc. But as others have said, they don't pull all the information. Also you can't look at the actual toon numbers. How many of those toons (creeps especially) are 1 player? I know I have 6 creeps on my account. I also have 2 freeps on it. so that is 8 pvp toons.

Now take that number of creeps and divide it by 6 or even 4-5. You are going to get a number that is much different than the original.

PVPers make up single digit player base (much closer to the 1% range than 10% range. It sucks cause that is what Turbine seems to use as fuel for lack of updating.

But resources play a large factor in that.

As far as the PVEers saying it is a PVE game and to get of "Your forums"

most of us were here just as long as you were. If not longer. I have been PVPing in this game since book 13 SOA...That's a pretty long time for a game that "never meant to have pvp"

I would LOVE to see a big pvp update come along. Will it happen? Who knows. Time will tell.
    [img]http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/rjeske_album/forumbanner_zpsf9b0a993.jpg[/img]
    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    [url]www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual[/url]

Just because the Developers didn't feel the changes were needed that many of the players felt were needed doesn't mean it isn't getting lots of attention. They're just bad at balance. Hadn't you noticed that by now? Half of them think it's perfect right now.

On a positive note, they are planning some big PvMP changes in the near future. Cross your fingers and try to be a little positive.
    Last edited by Graycient; Jun 28 2013 at 07:41 PM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
    Turbine has said countless times that PvMP (and raiding) amounts to a small percentile of the overall playerbase, and those that strictly do PvMP without PvE are a fraction of that amount.

Not gonna pull the 'fan-boi' on you, but beliebing in anything Turbine has to say these days, seems silly to me. The countless times Turbine has filled our ears with &&&& is beyond, yus, counting. So why lean on anything they got to say? They consistently fail to deliver, be it PvE or PvMP.
    Christ sake, this the company that invented F2P, it should be abundantly clear to all by now that Turbine is there to make money, and only that, there's no pride, love, integrity, there's only money. What's more, LOTRO is on a slippery slate, going downhill fast, there's only so many new players that can pop by and feed them for a few months. They know this, they milk them, and possibly you, their focus is on luring newcomers in to spend just a lil' more cash before they realize this game lack all the real love a real game got.

God I love ranting with a hangover. Happy days all xD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2