We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Adds of Dale

So, I was looking at the loot for this instance on the wiki last night and noticed a lovely warden shield that I'd like to have for my lvl53 warden...

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...ved_Ash_Shield

(note: not referring to the gold Erebor drop which I know is lvl85 only)

... and have since completed this instance six times and not gotten a single drop. Of any sort. At all. Neither have the other wardens that have been in the runs. Does this shield even exist? Was it only put on the wiki to get my hopes up on a decent tanking shield drop? Is this a known issue with the shield not dropping (have searched, saw nothing)? Or are the Erebor instances really just that flipping stingy?

It's very tough to find 6 people with RoR and lvl50ish chars on Crick, so these runs have not exactly been painless and have only been possible thanks to the generosity of some lvl85 friends. To be rewarded with bounties and MAYBE a relic half a dozen times for the effort is... mind boggling.
    Last edited by Elplaga; Jun 20 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elplaga View Post
    So, I was looking at the loot for this instance on the wiki last night and noticed a lovely warden shield that I'd like to have for my lvl53 warden...

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...ved_Ash_Shield

(note: not referring to the gold Erebor drop which I know is lvl85 only)
    1) About warden loot... best forget about it. Barely anything worthwhile exists (namely bracelets and earrings, complete failure on turbines part). Not that those that do exist would drop (gold bracelet recipes, earrings in ITA instances which are notorious for not even dropping purple stuff).

2) That shield does drop, but it's rare. Have only seen it myself once (for myself, to boot!) and got the purple version one time as well. Out of, don't know offhand, maybe 20-25 runs?

3) The golden class drops are not restricted by level. I have seen people run around with level 49 versions of earrings.

SNy
    Last edited by SNy-lotrolinux-EU; Jun 20 2013 at 06:05 PM.
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

I don't know some of the specifics, so this may not be much help.

Golds do drop at lower levels though. I don't know what level they start dropping, but I did see a level 80 RK with a new gold drop. There is also a certain level before anything starts dropping, but I think that is 50 and you are over it. There were problems with certain classes not getting drops/getting drops for other classes though. I'm not sure what has and hasn't been fixed.