We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Removing radar text.

Greetings all,

how can I remove the radar text please? I know it's possible, Eclips UI had it, but I've no idea how to alter my files to achieve the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Brgds
    Cam

Okay, I'm assuming you're already using a skin, and you just need to modify it.

So, you'll want to edit Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/ui/skins/<name>/SkinDefinition.xml

The first thing you'll want to do is, see if the string 'ID_UISkin_GamePlay_RadarBox' shows up anywhere in that file. If it does, it means your skin already modifies the radar, and any changes will have to be inserted into there - in which case, if you could post everything between '<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_GamePlay_RadarBo x">' and the next '</PanelFile>', I could probably figure out how to modify that to remove the text. Or if you're using a publically available skin, I could take a look at its SkinDefinition.xml.

Otherwise, go to the end of the SkinDefinition.xml file - there should be a line that says '</opt>' at the end. Above that line, you want to insert:

Code:
    <PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_GamePlay_RadarBox">
      <Element ID="GamePlay_RadarBox" X="1250" Y="0" Width="224" Height="260"> 
        <Element ID="GamePlay_Radar" X="0" Y="20" Width="224" Height="260"> 
          <Element ID="CoordinateText_Label" X="12" Y="220" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
          <Element ID="AreaText_Label" X="27" Y="200" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
        </Element>
      </Element>
    </PanelFile>
    And that should do it. 'AreaText_Label' is the bit that displays the name of the area you're in, and 'CoordinateText_Label' displays the N/S and E/W coordinates.

Works! Thank you so much. rep +1