We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Logged out when replying to a topic - does this work better in new version forums?

I want to make sure this is fixed in the upcoming fresh, new, streamlined community site. Few things can make me quite so frustrated as getting randomly logged out here after trying to add a reply to a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I want to make sure this is fixed in the upcoming fresh, new, streamlined community site. Few things can make me quite so frustrated as getting randomly logged out here after trying to add a reply to a topic.
    Well, this was one of the reasons they are giving us new forums in the first place so i hope so lol.

On a side note, they implemented the new forum for DDO and despite the DDO forums never in the past having the log out issue the new forum was bugged and they kept getting logged out. The've fixed this now on the DDO forums and the reason the new lotro forum is overdue is because they delayed it after getting feedback from DDO, so it's highly likely they will fix the logout issue before rolling it out to us.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Aha, nice!

I'm a bit cautiously optimistic. Just took over a project implementing a web based cloud service for the local city planning office where we ran into a few problems. The end users had to suffer using old internet explorer 8 on their machines (!) and the coders didn't even know they had to run tests using that

I don't envy anyone who has to cater to such a wide range of browsers... Back to the days of IE/Netscape for only option eh?