We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No groups, raids,skirms etc

Hello there,

I've been playing for a very long time (2,5 years and several toons) and have my first (main) toon almost on level 100 now.
    Still I don't have a first era legendary weapon or special good armour for my Hunter. I understand the only way to get them is by raiding with other players, to get the things you need to craft a weapon.
    Group play seems to be important to get the good and special gear for your toon.
    On the other hand it seems like this server is called dead and therefore players cannot get the most out of the game no matter the money,time and effort they put in.
    There are hardly any players on level cap willing to group up, play raids etc so i guess that makes clear why this server is dying also. If your new you can't join. And in world chat often the talk goes round that this server is dead
    and no raids are going on except for one kin who only lets level capped guardians in to group up.

Are there any players,kins,groups that wanna do raids,skirms,instances, Epic battles etc with a group of players to get the most out of the game and in the meantime help others achieving the same??
    I know I will help anyone getting there and spent my time to get other players to advance too.
    In my opinion if we all help eachother out, there will be normal and fine kins in the future on this server cause new players are helped, can level, get the good stuff and in the end we all benefit.

Perhaps i'm being silly and some will laugh but it's really starting to bug me that after all the effort time and money i put in this game i have to figure out i'm on the wrong server to get the most out of this game.
    Starting over on a new server and do it all over again seems kinda crazy and will take forever again to get there were I am now on this server.

Anyone who can clear this up or is turbine gonna do something about this? I bet there are more players who want to group up, only I don't seem to find them other then groups who just don't let others in.
    I'm playing with my best friend, we started a kin with our toons, have a kinhouse but just to make things easier for ourselfs due to the storage a kin house brings. Can we merge with another kin?
    We really wanna get the best out of the game and are always willing to help others cause there are also alot op players wo quit wen they find out they can't group up, or just arent helped by some more experienced players who can show them the way.
    Like to stay on firefoot and hope either this server will team up or turbine does something like merging some servers together.

Grtz Nim

Ums, I raided nonstop last night from yeesh, about 7:00 (maybe as early as 6, *shudders) until Midnight. Initially with The Valkyries of Middle Earth, then later with a PUG that formed via /world chat.

There are other kins that have been doing raids too.

You probably made it harder for yourself by making your own kin instead of joining an active one. Kin merges technically are all the folks leaving their old kin and joining the new one. Yes, it's been done several times. It's also technically possible to sell a kin if you want someone else to be able to keep the kinhouse (or just leave it with a lesser played alt).
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

There are quite a few kins out there that run content pretty much every night, the key is to find a kin that you mesh well with. Kins will not pug, unless they are forced to. Often times we will run 12 mans with 6 people if we cannot get enough kinnies interested. Honestly, we would rather run with 6 of our people who we are comfortable with instead of having someone we don't know in our group.

Most of the good kins will not be out there shouting in World chat that they are recruiting new members, so do your research.

Gwaran

This server is not a raiding server. If you wish to raid move to brandywine, all you will get in failfoot is trolls and endless wipes from pugs. Or be stuck in skraids for several hours from lack of dps/communication. I moved all but one of my characters off this server about a month ago. Never been more happy since the game launched.

Do yourself a favor. If you enjoy your character and want to enjoy the game; move servers.

Totally disagree with this, but that is the perception because this server has quite a few bad players that pug/skraid and then people get a bad taste in their mouths and want to transfer. You need to find a kin that doesn't suck and there are a few on this server that can run any instance they want with ease. Many feel transfer is the answer, but you can deal with the lag and the fact there won't be a spot for you in raid due to the number of people available.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    This server is not a raiding server. If you wish to raid move to brandywine, all you will get in failfoot is trolls and endless wipes from pugs. Or be stuck in skraids for several hours from lack of dps/communication. I moved all but one of my characters off this server about a month ago. Never been more happy since the game launched.

Do yourself a favor. If you enjoy your character and want to enjoy the game; move servers.

Quote Originally Posted by isatrsf View Post
    Most of the good kins will not be out there shouting in World chat that they are recruiting new members, so do your research.
    This, and also what time of day you play matters. I laugh when I see the same guy every US morning/Euro midday say no kins (or only one) on Firefoot raid. Everyone's at work! You get to Euro eve/US midday and runs begin. Even more later on, with multiple kins running raids many nights, nevermind PUGs (the PUG raid I was in last night did OD each wing in minutes, could easily have done T2 instead). I saw probably half a dozen FA symbols drop.

There isn't a lack of activity, especially with all the folks that returned with U14, the server, forums, and game as a whole is hopping again. But time of day does matter, every server is different at different times, and some kins are more active at certain times than others.

That's one thing I always checked with kins that wanted me to join them, how many people on of my level at the times I play, on the days I play. I'd independently check over the course of a week before I'd consider joining.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

We raid nightly at around 7:30 central. We generally have enough people in kin to fill spots and if not we have friends from other kind to bring with us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000002f68b/01003/signature.png]Gregorik[/charsig]

This quote is hilarious:

This server is not a raiding server. If you wish to raid move to brandywine
    GOLL raid on weekends. They're good guys and smart too. You will get geared much faster on Firefoot than you will on Brandywine.

addition to my post: roflcopter at Melthius. Sorry you got mad, son.

Devils Tamer raids/skraids almost every other evening (8 pm est - 12 pm est). We are always doing things with 7 - 11 people and are open to exploring options with others... You can message me for more details, but the most important factor of playing with us is that we seek mature individuals. We won't waste our time on loud mouth, over talkative (during raids) individuals who just waste our time rather than improve the raid.

- Necrolagniatic

Sounds like you are the troll. We run content every night, US CST. We mostly run 12 mans with just kin or a select few non kin members. Very rarely will you see us in WC looking for peeps to join our runs. You will never see us recruiting in WC.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuks View Post
    Sounds like you are the troll. We run content every night, US CST. We mostly run 12 mans with just kin or a select few non kin members. Very rarely will you see us in WC looking for peeps to join our runs. You will never see us recruiting in WC.
    Way to reply to a topic a month old..... Also, do you think this server is thriving? One or maybe two kins doing raid content? LOL now that is funny.

This server as been going down hill since Moria and is on the verge of hitting rock bottom. No one is left here, almost all of the good players have been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by xinofie View Post
    Also, do you think this server is thriving? One or maybe two kins doing raid content? LOL now that is funny.
    I'll bite. Yes.

Not just one or two, I can think of half a dozen kins that run stuff, and those are just the ones I know of, there are other brand new kins that have grown up and do their own thing too. Last night I saw an OD PUG group fill up in seconds. I might've joined were I not already grouped myself.

Oh sure, there are some who like to be disparaging. But the reality isn't in accord with either how they choose to present a fictitious view of the server activity, or they haven't kept up and are out of touch.

Funny the mention of Moria days, people avoiding logging out of DA because of the crowds there and folks sparring and whatnot was reminding me of pre-Isengard 21st Hall days.

However doing raid content isn't the only way to measure "thriving". Have items available on the AH? Check. Have a notable amount of role-playing white names running around? Check. Have lower level instances run? Erm. Sadly not that I've seen. I don't see many level 20ish GB calls (I've seen them run in kin, but not PUGs), I don't see many Moria runs (I've seen a couple requests for groups that I don't know if they filled in the past two weeks). But that's the nature of stretching of the game growing in size as time goes on, we get more and more content such that any one bit of it gets run less.

Way to reply to a topic a month old..... Also, do you think this server is thriving? One or maybe two kins doing raid content? LOL now that is funny.

This server as been going down hill since Moria and is on the verge of hitting rock bottom. No one is left here, almost all of the good players have been gone.
    He never said that it was thriving. He said that the kin that he is in has enough people that like to do raids. And a month old? Sure maybe since this topic was started but not since the the post above his.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000002f68b/01003/signature.png]Gregorik[/charsig]

To be honest, once they remove FAs from t1 it will die even faster, then it truly will be 1 or 2 kins running content... firefoot has been weak for years. I wont ever leave, but cant fault anyone who does.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001d72c1/signature.png]Connamir[/charsig]

U14, let's get out there and level, and gear up so we can...um.. so that we can beat.... so that we can test our skill against.... ummm well.....

Firefoot is one of the original four servers. I don't think Turbine will let it die out. I wonder if they are planning to condense servers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Connormir View Post
    To be honest, once they remove FAs from t1 it will die even faster, then it truly will be 1 or 2 kins running content...
    Actually I look forward to that. Our kin does Helegrods and BG and other things for the fun, but in /world mostly you see OD Wound farms with occasional Battle raids (which always fill instantly).

Started a month ago yes, but not old. 4 years would be an old thread lol. And I was not off topic, you are trolling.

As has been stated there are several kins running and several people in the moors daily. Not what I would call thriving, but far from dead. There have been many returning players on the server since the last update, it is a trend I hope continues.

All the good players gone? I would rather play with friendly people than a bunch of snobs any day of the week. I would rather have fun in a game vs wearing a patch on my sleeve that says I beat every dungeon on every difficulty setting.

The diverging opinions here are several generations together. There is such divergent views and all of them expressed here.