We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Healing in Harmony

Hey there. I was just looking for some input in healing small parties(fellowships for those knit-pickers) in Harmony stance. Now I'm only level 50 so I don't have access to those Anthem cooldown and duration extending gear and legendaries so I would like input on both pre-gear and post-gear. Right now I'm basically just spamming ballads so I use Coda of awesomeness over and over. I really only use anthem of free peoples. I spot heal with raise the spirit and bubble when needed. Also I keep Cry of Valar up. Unfortunately this generates an insane amount of threat, but at my current level it doesn't really matter since I can tank everything. What do you recommend doing to generate less threat?

Anthem of compassion/Anthem of composure?. -40% threat generated. It may be healing threat only. Once you use coda it has a -threat duration for 30s (maybe less?). Plus in Harmony stance doesn't the anthem of free people only lower your anthem power cost? You're only doing 1 anthem so that power cost goes to waste. I'd switch the anthem you're doing for the one with less threat generation.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    Anthem of compassion/Anthem of composure?. -40% threat generated. It may be healing threat only. Once you use coda it has a -threat duration for 30s (maybe less?). Plus in Harmony stance doesn't the anthem of free people only lower your anthem power cost? You're only doing 1 anthem so that power cost goes to waste. I'd switch the anthem you're doing for the one with less threat generation.
    No, anthem of free people is in combat morale regen and on coda it applies a HoT to the caster.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it. One thing to mention is that you don't want to use your coda of awesomeness if there are CC'd mobs near. But other than that, go at it.

As far as threat goes, I would mix in Anthem of Compassion with your Anthem of the Free Peoples. AoC will lower your healing threat by 40%, and then once you hit the coda it will lower threat by 5% for all skills (damage too if I'm reading the tooltip correctly). Also hit Song of Soothing whenever you can. If you have aggro and keep getting interrupted, you can pop a Sheet Music consumable. Even if you can tank the stuff now, I wouldn't get used to healing like that, because in a few levels you won't be able to tank it. Also, Call to Greatness the tank whenever it's up; It will help him generate more threat.

So an example of rotation would be:
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of Compassion
    Spot heal with Bolster, Raise the Spirit, (or Chord of Salvation if in a pinch)
    Coda of Awesomeness
    Song of Soothing (pop a Sheet Music if mobs are hitting you)
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of the Free Peoples
    Coda of Awesomeness

Rinse/Repeat

ETA: Another cool heal (not just for Harmony, but works very well in that stance) that a lot Minstrel's forget about is Noble Cause/Herald's Strike.

Major Ballad x3
    Anthem of Prowess (arguably the best fellowship buff minstrels have)
    Herald's Strike
    Noble Cause
    Herald's Strike x3 (fellowship heal with each strike)
    Coda of Awesomeness (AoP alters coda to activate Noble Cause without invoking the skill's cooldown.)

Make sure to trait Herald's Hammer to double your damage of Herald's Strike!

Rinse/Repeat
    Last edited by Frieja; Jun 18 2013 at 09:54 AM.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it. One thing to mention is that you don't want to use your coda of awesomeness if there are CC'd mobs near. But other than that, go at it.

As far as threat goes, I would mix in Anthem of Compassion with your Anthem of the Free Peoples. AoC will lower your healing threat by 40%, and then once you hit the coda it will lower threat by 5% for all skills (damage too if I'm reading the tooltip correctly). Also hit Song of Soothing whenever you can. If you have aggro and keep getting interrupted, you can pop a Sheet Music consumable. Even if you can tank the stuff now, I wouldn't get used to healing like that, because in a few levels you won't be able to tank it. Also, Call to Greatness the tank whenever it's up; It will help him generate more threat.

So an example of rotation would be:
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of Compassion
    Coda of Awesomeness
    Song of Soothing (pop a Sheet Music if mobs are hitting you)
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of the Free Peoples
    Coda of Awesomeness

Rinse/Repeat

ETA: Another cool heal (not just for Harmony, but works very well in that stance) that a lot Minstrel's forget about is Noble Cause/Herald's Strike.

Major Ballad x3
    Anthem of Prowess (arguably the best fellowship buff minstrels have)
    Herald's Strike
    Noble Cause
    Coda of Awesomeness (AoP alters coda to activate Noble Cause without invoking the skill's cooldown.)

Make sure to trait Herald's Hammer to double your damage of Herald's Strike!

Rinse/Repeat
    One thing I was curious on. If healing in Harmony involved spamming Coda then whats the point of all the anthem duration increasing and cooldown reduction? Or is keeping anthems up only for non-stance healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kizunas View Post
    One thing I was curious on. If healing in Harmony involved spamming Coda then whats the point of all the anthem duration increasing and cooldown reduction? Or is keeping anthems up only for non-stance healing?
    I think there are 3 ways to use Harmony:
    1. Spam ballads and Coda. This is good for instances where lots of people in the fellowship are constantly taking damage (and not just because they're standing in the poop). Or if you're in an extremely mobile fight where you don't really have time to stand still for healing inductions.
    2. Buffing. Period. For this you need to be traited for Smooth Voice and Glorious Anthem and at least 1 more yellow, but preferably 4 deep into Protector of Song), you need a songbook with +Anthem Duration. You will be playing an Anthem every 5 seconds, but you will be able to keep all 6 up simultaneously. You can do a bit of damage (Call of Earendil, Herald's Strike, etc) or very quick spot healing (Chord of Salvation) in between Anthems. But if you decide to use the Coda, you've wiped out EVERYTHING.
    3. A mix of anthems buffs and fellowship healing. This is how I usually play in Harmony. I trait 4B/3Y and can keep up 2-3 Anthems constantly, and I'm not afraid to Coda when I need to because it's relatively easy to get the Anthems back up.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority