We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    Isn't rand() just the C++ way of calling System.Random() ?
    The reverse, .NET being a wrapper of CRT and Win32 api

Go to Helegrod Dragon Wing and you will have many, many, many Boxes and Keys. I think we had around 20 Boxes/Keys in one Run at Lv85.

Think it also works for the other Wings of Helegrod...

Woot. Got my 4th key last night. If that wasn't surprise enough my Champion now has an outstanding necklace.
    {too bad she is going to have to wear that XPdisabler for a while yet, most of evendim is green/lightblue quests}

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    The reverse, .NET being a wrapper of CRT and Win32 api
    I knew they were related somehow, been a while since i looked at C in any of its + forms.

Cool

If your really lucky you can get a First age symbol in ridermark lootbox.

I know a close friend that won one

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It is written in C++.
    Then :
    srand(time(NULL));
    followed by
    rand() % [value]

which is the usual code for RNG
    Not so for the Visual C++ runtime. The Windows client uses Visual C++. The Mac client probably does work like that. Visual C++ is supposed to be standard compliant, but that means syntax, semantics, and behavior. Implementation details are left to the compiler/library code. The wrapper part is correct for Win32/64 system calls for managed code. I doubt that Microsoft used the standard C/C++ libraries straight up. Back in those days, Microsoft was known for 'enhancing' such libraries.

Here is the MSDN article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...em.random.aspx
    Last edited by cdq1958; Jun 19 2013 at 01:45 PM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by MATEOS-1 View Post
    If your really lucky you can get a First age symbol in ridermark lootbox.

I know a close friend that won one
    Two drops in a row my lvl 85 hunter picked up Tarnished Symbols of the Elder King. Since most of my drops are garbage, I wonder if they've changed the chance a bit?

Wink

Lootboxes & keys are world drops, not linked to humanoid drops only. The chance to drop from a worm or warg is the same to drop from a orc or ghost. Also they are totally random & not more rare than those purple items. So don't expect to find epic loot from lootbox everytime you open them if the are common world drops.

I think it's a lot easier to get keys then to get a "useful" lootbox. Since any key works on any lootbox you can farm a ton of low level mobs for keys that work against the highest level lootboxes. But you can't get the highest level lootboxes from low level mobs (so your kill rate is much lower).

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldgorger View Post
    I think it's a lot easier to get keys then to get a "useful" lootbox. Since any key works on any lootbox you can farm a ton of low level mobs for keys that work against the highest level lootboxes. But you can't get the highest level lootboxes from low level mobs (so your kill rate is much lower).
    I actually tend to get keys more than lootboxes. I'm currently sitting on 25 or 26 keys while I've only sold or dumped 15 lootboxes or so. I have opened four loot boxes just to see if I'd get anything good out of them. Not a single decent item aside from 15 Mithril Coins

Currently waiting for Gladden's key prices to go back above 25G before I start putting them on the AH. They're selling for as low as 15G now.

wouldn't they do an srand() followed by a second init call to rand() in self seeding mode? Seems like they could start the first seed on just about anything and it would have no discernible pattern, at least not for purposes of something like this. It has been so long since I did much of anything with C, I was sure MFC would wither and die like the mess it was and Borland would be the standard forever and ever.

Yeah I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2