We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cannot Log into Forums on My Son's Account, Can Log into Game fine

My son is 12, and he does not read the forums or have chat showing ingame. But I have always entered his characters into the lotteries. But the forums do not accept his account name/password now for some reason. And I have been entering it correctly. I am not as concerned about this lottery, but it will be very sad if he can't be entered for lotteries anymore.

Is there anything I can do to fix this for him?
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Please send me a PM with the fourm name on the account and I'll look into it.

It's not just your son having the problem

Even though I can log into the Forums on my main account (this one)

I cannot access the forums on my F2P Account
    Therefore I am also locked out of any future lotteries on my F2P toons

There are also quite a few others that have the same problem
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

What is odd is that I was able to log him in for well over a year with no problems. This is somewhat recent. We all stopped playing for about 6 months after Rohan came out. As I was reading so much about problems with the game and lag and such, and we decided to wait until some things got fixed. Plus the lotteries were mostly down for most of this year. So I have no idea when this all started with the forums not accepting his log in.

Other big problem here is that I do not remember his forum name. So cannot send that info to Sapience.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

The workaround I found when I encountered this problem, (I also couldn't log onto the website but could play the game and had been gone for a year or so) was to log onto the website from the in-game browser. To do this open the help button in the game and then follow a link from the support page back to the mylotro site. The in-game browser will give you a captcha that is not present for some people when they access the website from most other browsers. Once you are able to log into mylotro from the in-game browser non-in-game browsers will also let you log in.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Other big problem here is that I do not remember his forum name. So cannot send that info to Sapience.
    Unfortunatly forum names are no longer displayed in account system.

You could try the following. Open an URL like http://my.lotro.com/home/character/WORLD/CHARNAME/ (replace world and charname by the world (server) and character name of one of his characters).
    If the character is not set to anonymous, the forum name will be displayed on that page.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Quote Originally Posted by annageisler View Post
    The workaround I found when I encountered this problem, (I also couldn't log onto the website but could play the game and had been gone for a year or so) was to log onto the website from the in-game browser. To do this open the help button in the game and then follow a link from the support page back to the mylotro site. The in-game browser will give you a captcha that is not present for some people when they access the website from most other browsers. Once you are able to log into mylotro from the in-game browser non-in-game browsers will also let you log in.
    Thank you so much!!!!

I just tried that and it worked.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

I have/had the same problem, that I could not log into the forums, I kept getting autentication failure.

What I found out, was that I had to swap to IE instead of Chrome, for some odd reason the caption window with those two darn hard to read Words, did not show up in Chrome, a small annoyance since I dont use IE.
    Bazzakrak - Champion - Riddermark - LvL 85 - Still looking to get correct name on Bounder token plaque.
    Now also banned from posting on the lotro facebook page.