We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thanks for the lottery. But.....

The characters haven't updated, all of their levels are wrong and two toons (one of which is lvl85) aren't even listed.

Hope this is fixed before the draw ends.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    The characters haven't updated, all of their levels are wrong and two toons (one of which is lvl85) aren't even listed.

It will not be. This is a major reason why there have been no lotteries. As this aspect of the system is going away and this is not going to be addressed.

Today however a lottery is running that, as long as you are level 10 or higher, has the same rewards for everyone.

So whether or not your character levels update is irrelevant for today's lottery.

My daily lottery checks paid off! I knew there was still hope.

Thanks Sapience!

but if his characters arent even listed (2 of them arent, as he said) then they wont be able to enter. and unless this one gives special hytbold tokens that bind to account instead of to character, that reward will be useless if it goes to any toon below 84

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    It will not be. This is a major reason why there have been no lotteries. As this aspect of the system is going away and this is not going to be addressed.

Today however a lottery is running that, as long as you are level 10 or higher, has the same rewards for everyone.

So whether or not your character levels update is irrelevant for today's lottery.
    Thanks for this lottery. And I am glad that all aspects of the system is going away, as this means there is hope that my main account, which has gotten the lottery white screen of death since mid July last year, will finally be able to enter lotteries again with the new forums and site...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

But.. it's a lottery. A Lottery!

Pass me the lembas bread, pour a glass of Isenwine and light that Old Toby's!

Thanks, Sapience! I've been in a cold sweat for over a month now...lottery withdrawal...I hope.
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"][IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/2092919610lotro_lotro32.png[/IMG][/URL]

What a lottery!
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Yeah, one would have to wonder how the lotteries are going to continue when new characters that are added aren't updated.

I have a few new characters that aren't elegible because the system hasn't updated since April.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Yeah, one would have to wonder how the lotteries are going to continue when new characters that are added aren't updated.

I have a few new characters that aren't elegible because the system hasn't updated since April.
    Turbine will have a completely built from the ground up brand new method to export the minimal that they need for a lotto. Which would be account, name, world, level and class. Perhaps race and gender. I expect that the data will be private and secured so that no customers can mine this data like alt finder does.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Look at this the great way There's a lottery and now's the time to sign up any low lvls you've been planning to get to 85
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

Question

I just checked the lottery page and nothing is there. I have several characters which should be eligible unless the lottery was for 50 level and up.
    Irming Silvertree

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine will have a completely built from the ground up brand new method to export the minimal that they need for a lotto. Which would be account, name, world, level and class. Perhaps race and gender. I expect that the data will be private and secured so that no customers can mine this data like alt finder does.
    That's a lot of backend work just to be able to keep the lottery.

Honestly, I see them coming back and saying it wont be possible and use the fact that there's "Hobbit Presents" now to replace it.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by IrmingSilvertree View Post
    I just checked the lottery page and nothing is there. I have several characters which should be eligible unless the lottery was for 50 level and up.
    Because the lottery ended last night. So it is correct, there are no lotteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    That's a lot of backend work just to be able to keep the lottery.

Honestly, I see them coming back and saying it wont be possible and use the fact that there's "Hobbit Presents" now to replace it.
    Remember, we need to make adjustments to character information tracking to support character copy for Bullroarer and Betas. So it's work that has to be done.

As far as I know, the beta version of the new lotteries was sent to the QA team. I'll probably get my first look at it today or tomorrow.

This is not meant as a complaint, but I'm wondering if anyone won the lottery and received the prizes? None of my toons did (not that I expected it), so I have no idea if it worked as it should.

Because the lottery ended last night. So it is correct, there are no lotteries.
    It would be correct, if it said that there are no current lotteries. But it does not say that. It says that there are current lotteries, and that his characters are not eligible for them:
    You have no characters eligible for the current lotteries.
    Long-time players know to interpret this statement differently than what it says -- we know it actually means "There are no current lotteries running." But you keep getting this question from the newer players, because the wording makes it sound like there are current lotteries which they aren't eligible for.

I know the whole systems is changing up very soon, so correcting the wording on this message is not really an issue. Just wanted to point out that he was reading the page correctly, it was just misleadingly phrased.
    Last edited by Robeauch; Jun 18 2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey1008 View Post
    This is not meant as a complaint, but I'm wondering if anyone won the lottery and received the prizes? None of my toons did (not that I expected it), so I have no idea if it worked as it should.
    Haven't won anything so everything seems fine for me.
    Suggestions: Tasks [URL="http://goo.gl/rt4M5"]en[/URL]|[URL="http://goo.gl/BBbhC"]de[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey1008 View Post
    I had two toons win but no mail with the goodies. Oh well.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][B]Thorcar[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff8c00][B]Into The West - Elendilmir
    [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][B]Apex - Elendilmir[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post

Thanks for another lottery and the character updates, I can now enter all my toons (with listed lvls corrected).
    Shame the update couldn't have be been done last week though.

More info here in Sapience's thread.

Beer and fireworks, nice, guess Turbine has never heard of "Health and Safety"?
    Maybe you should have thrown in a stack of wound pots just in case there's any clumsy Hobbits!
    Last edited by Grapold; Jun 21 2013 at 02:50 PM.

Yep ... entered my first EVER lottery today ... and was rather disappointed to see

------------------------
    Current Entries
    TFIF!
    Ends 06/21/2013 11:59PM EDT
    Taervegil Lvl 52 Hunter, Withywindle
    ------------------------

I've been LvL 85 for about three weeks now ...
    :'(