We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: The ShoutOut(tm) Thread

I'll second that ShoutOut for Paso, and his friend Konan who are fun people, and generous players.

three /cheers!
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]Leader of [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][SIZE=3] [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Narn en Uidirith[/B][/COLOR] [/SIZE][COLOR=#303030]~[/COLOR][COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][I]on Elendilmir [/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Olive][B]Belthandir[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Tirdoron[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Thurgaraf[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~-~ [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Mithwindras[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#303030] ~-~-~- [/COLOR][COLOR=Olive][B]Ringalad[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] 65 Guardian / Armourer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Captain / Explorer[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]65 Burglar / Historian[COLOR=#303030] ~-~ [/COLOR]61 Hunter / Woodsman[COLOR=#303030] ~- [/COLOR]60 Champion / Tinker[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

And I will third it for Pasheals.

Great guy, joined our Bk8 Chap5 (I think) The save Golidir one, group and was a great help.

Also logged from one character to another to have his hunter port us in before switching back to the playing character he took into the instance. After that came back a LOT later to port us in and out for other quests.
    [i]Nithrandel- Elf Hunter[/i]
    [color=navy][size=4][font=Comic Sans MS][url=http://thesouthernstar.proboards84.com/index.cgi]The Southern Star[/url][/font][/size][/color]
    [size=3]Oceanic Kinship on Elendilmir[/size]

I will fourth it!

I first met him when Figgy was wee, in the Trollshaws where I was desperately seeking someone to help run part of the epic quest with me. He was level 50 and offered to help just out of kindness (and probably boredom). I've fellowed with him on several occasions since and each time has been a pleasure, despite our failure at getting him that bow from BG. If he ever needs a minstrel and I can drop what I'm doing, I'm there to help.

His friend Evene is lovely too. Both have recently made a switch over to Misadventurers.

Hugs and cheers to them both!
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Re: Minstrel? We don't need no stinkin' minstrel!

Quote Originally Posted by Zunai View Post
    Ok, I had so much fun tonight on Dallia that I just had to send out a thank you.

A group of us got together to do the Tomb of Elendil. Three hunters, two burglars and a champion. No tank. No healer. Against multiple master elites with 5-digit morale. This was my first time facing anything on that scale.

Well, it took a couple tries to find our rhythm, but once we got going it was amazing. This was quite possibly the most challenging fun I've had in game to date.

So thank you to Braedodor, Hawkwing and Shady ... and of course, my kinmates, Skyemir and Markko, for a wonderful night of adventuring. And for proving that with a little ingenuity and lots of teamwork ... anything is possible!

-- Dallia (aka Zunai)
    Yes this was a good group..and a great time was had by all. I especially liked how Markko was the last man standing against that giant turtle that owned us on the first attempt. It doesn't get any closer than that!

Shady.

Hail Tirdoron, Man of Gondor

There are many fine people on the Elendilmir server that greatly enhance our enjoyment of the game through their aid in questing, advice on crafting and general all-around good fellowship. I would like to give a shout out to the very person who established this means of expressing our appreciation for the efforts of our fellow players, Mithwindras/Tirdoron.

Several months ago I was in the midst of a quest chain in Evendim when I discovered I could not summon my herald. I asked for help on the advice channel and Tirdoron answered, exhibiting remarkable patience for someone who was totally inept. When I returned to Esteldin and checked my mail, I found the he had mailed me an improved herald’s armament. What a thoughtful gesture and one totally unexpected. Over the following months, we talked about crafting and game play and sometimes when I would my check mail I would find a new piece of jewelry or pocket item. Then last week, when we were talking about armour and the relative merits of auction house items and crafted ones, Tirdoron said he knew of a quest line deep in the Trollshaws that would yield two excellent pieces of armour. So for the next two hours, he led me through the area, helped me find the quest giver, helped with the quest and waited patiently while I finished the last portion solo. And he even returned to Bree with me so that we could enjoy the deeply satisfying moment when I donned my new, more level appropriate armour. This was a deed done not for the acclaim of many or even pride in battle prowess, but done with the knowledge that he would be helping one sole player and that few would ever know of his efforts. Now when I look at the screen and admire my new image, I have Tirdoron to thank for my improved survivabilty and appearance.

I play LOTRO because I truly admire the values J. R. R. Tolkien emphasizes in his works—friendship, camaraderie, self-sacrifice and dedication to a worthy cause. And when we find an individual who clearly exemplifies those traits, he should be held up as one worthy of our respect and admiration.

I raise my halberd in honor of Tirdoron, Man of Gondor, who has truly proved his quality.

Scotia Thaliwen of the North Downs, Lvl 42 Captain

I'd like to thank a few people who helped me dust off my Champion and finish Book 8 yesterday morning.

Fighting was slow in the moors so as a warg I posted "50 Champ LFF for Book 8 Ch 5." This was sort of a joke, but I really do want to complete the books someday. Within 30 seconds Raxlyn, Mantra, and Lexex said they would help me and flipped to their freeps.

Once in Bree I found out my house had been foreclosed and started sending invites. Levex even got Elborigorn from her kin to come help. The 5 of us finished the book with no problem, which is great since the quest has been rotting in my quest-log since October.

Thanks again for the help you guys!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000023bac3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'd definitely have to single out 5 people who constantly help me whether it be armour, food, finishing quests, or just being chatty during trait grinds:

Letird
    Tokken
    kattail
    krisso
    spyderpyg

All have been extremely helpful to say the least.

Many thanks from Kryadan!!!

Big thanks to Heubert, who actually knows his way around Goblin-Town, and got me one step closer to that poor-man's ICPR set. Most frustration free GT run ever.
    Saul Silverleaf - The Safe Havens of Arda
    Join TheMarket user channel, buy and sell across the game world!
    Elendilmir, the server that never sleeps.

I'd like to throw a quick shout out and thank Palathor of Hall of Fire for helping with Book 10 last night.

Thanks Pal, I hope you had a good dinner! ;D
    Rhydric Faydomir - Level 50 Man Champion on Elendilmir

Kudos to Thoron, Bara, Yurpee, Anierin, Telerono, Paso, Laurewilwarin, Yumikoto and whoever else was with us as we conga lined with all of you in the Moors. As you could have seen, we were bored out of our minds and that was a whole lot of fun. Ironically, you WEREN'T meant to tag us as we suicided into the one shots. :P But thanks for realising that we are human and just wanted fun.

~Hellnakh
    Last edited by CandiceAurora; Feb 10 2008 at 07:22 AM.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

Yurpee and Paso have mad l33t dance moves...I see Evie in there too...work it girl

<3 Bereth
    Officer ~ Misadventurers
    LvL 50 Huntress (Bereth)
    GM TINKERbell
    Lvl 50 LM (Valisilwen)
    GM Bookworn

www.misadventurers.org
    Last edited by Goddess-Macha; Feb 12 2008 at 12:36 PM.
    *~*~*~*~* Bereth - Hunter ~105 *~*~*~*~*
    *Officer<3 ~Misadventurers~ <3 Elendilmir #1*
    *~*~*~*~* <3 Arkenstone #2 <3 *~*~*~*~*

I'm a fan of the Hobbit Minstrel Button. He's a happy, calm, and friendly bloke to play with in the Moors. Always a plessure
    Last edited by YellowOrgans; Feb 22 2008 at 09:14 PM.
    Slowley - 50 Guardian R4, Ritual - 38 Lore Master - The Osgiliath Guard.
    Stickjaw - Black Arrow R3, Kruster - Warg R1- Thralls Of Gothmog.
    Elendilmir.

Talking Re: The ShoutOut(tm) Thread

I would like to shout out to Hishn and KG for helping me with what stuff to get when I was new too the creep side TY
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000018dbd5/signature.png]Injured[/charsig][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Stalak View Post
    I would like to shout out to Hishn.....
    Hishn rocks
    Meliane - [EU] Snowbourn
    Meliana - Elendilimir (RIP)

I've been playing Creepside lately, and have loved it simply because the other Creeps on Vent are great company. Also, it was about a week ago now, but I loved following Macrame around leading us through some guerrilla tactics and making it all fun with his silly remarks and loyalty to keeping us alive.
    Slowley - 50 Guardian R4, Ritual - 38 Lore Master - The Osgiliath Guard.
    Stickjaw - Black Arrow R3, Kruster - Warg R1- Thralls Of Gothmog.
    Elendilmir.

Quatrovente for running a brilliant game of hid and seek with a 500s prize in brockenborings

much love meyers

I'd like to thank all the creeps who stayed and faught my little group at OC, it was fun, and I killed Hishn...twice. ;p That made my day.

Thanks guys!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000022a9/01008/signature.png]Falthorn[/charsig]

Thank you Atani!!! <3 You guys are awesome!!! ALWAYS have a blast with yall! (yes Im southern )
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=5][COLOR=deepskyblue][B]Whatever you are, be a good one.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL]http://www.myspace.com/elendilmirlotro[/URL]
    [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=101362[/URL] [URL]http://www.myspace.com/stephgamerbabe[/URL]

This goes out to Graymor the stern dwarf, Renovator, and quite a few others that I have had several instances now to adventure with in the 'Moors. I'm sorry if I missed a name, it isn't intended.

It was late one evening, more treading on morning. Reports came of huge swells of urukai and wargs around the grounds of Lugazag. Graymor set with a stern resolve ordered his group to the top of Lugazag stairs. A few of he younger members wanted to stay and look at this hoard as if transfixed by it's sheer size.

"Nah, they couldn't possibly have that many on!!" went the belief of many of the group.

"Get to the top of the stairs!!!" Graymor shouted again. This was reinforced by his second in command. A person I have since seen only in this group.

The main group came up the stairs as the trackers reported 20 wargs are coming. Another reported 25 orcs are on the way too. They reported the foes outside of Lugazag doors. The group took the place they were instructed to and placed traps and oils on them to severely slow the advance of the foes.

"Now there's 50 at the doors!!!" came a shout. "They are taking the guards down!"

Those that stayed to see the hoard were also taken in this first push. The foes took the first room with ease.

"There has to be at least 60 in this group!!!" came a report. "And they are pushing to the stairs!"

The group shivered at the latest news. How could this small group of less than 24 stop this rush? More oils and traps were laid.

"Hold your positions!!" yelled Graymor. His resolve washed over the group and they gripped their weapons tighter.

I was there, encouraging Shredder, my lynx, to greater courage and to fight bravely as only he could. Emboldened by the stalwart wall of fighters at the top of the stairs. None broke and ran out of the broken walls as they easily could have.

Then came the rush; and there were at least sixty in the count. The stalwart wall bent, but did not give. Heroes all gave their all and even as some fell and were revived the wall held. Soon the foes started falling. One or two at first, then in small groups. They did not push their advantage and the heroes gained courage and started pushing the foes back down the stairs. It was a miracle that so many foes did not swarm the heroes and instantly gain the day. The heroes pushed back, to the bottom of the stairs... to the main room... to the outside of Lugazag... and finally back to the dark hole of Gramsfoot to where they came.

It was something I felt would become a legend on this server and I thank Graymor and all of the other experienced heroes of the group for their efforts to give this storyteller something to write for.

Looking forward to more tales of gallantry and bravery.
    Mythallas Autumnbough, Founder of the Crimson Blades and Master of Lost Lore
    [url]http://crimsonbladeslotro.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=34259[/url]
    Proud Poppa Elf of Myrdwin, Ioriean, Elrieneth, and Eplin

Wow, have you ever tried Roleplaying?

I'd like to thank Lord_Orisis for that great story. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000022a9/01008/signature.png]Falthorn[/charsig]

Shout out to Snoz, the toughest minstrel i've ever faced. Serves me right for fighting a healing dwarf

After about 10m or so into our battle I called it quits. We both had recovered all our health and neither could drain the others power. Im sure it could have went on all day until someone found us lol

/salute
    [b]Sokar - Rank 8 Uruk Warleader[/b]
    [url=http://tribesin.com]SiN[/url] {Co-Tyrant} - Elendilmir Tribe
    [url]http://my.lotro.com/angryweaponx[/url]
    His only regret, was he had so few to sacrifice.

A big shoutout to Mavery for leading a couple of Thaurlach attempts with a PUG, including several people who'd never been in the fight. We should've had better luck but you were a terrific, patient leader.
    Prien of Elendilmir
    Wulfrand, Chummli, Mumli, Althaea, Fyonna, and Alto
    "Ghost Bear just misunderstood. :(" [url]http://lotroimages.akamai.lotro.com/media/ghost.swf[/url]

A big shoutout to Frankenwarg for showing a new pup the ropes and getting the much needed Grams map
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][I]Face[COLOR=darkorange]tious[/COLOR][COLOR=sandybrown]: not[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkorange]mean[/COLOR]t to be t[COLOR=darkorange]aken[/COLOR] [COLOR=sandybrown]seriou[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]sly or [/COLOR]literall[COLOR=darkorange]y: [/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ffffff][I][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][COLOR=darkorange]lack[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]ing se[/COLOR][COLOR=sandybrown]rious [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]inten[/COLOR]t: aka "[COLOR=darkorange]life's too [/COLOR][COLOR=sandybrown]short": [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=sienna][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=sandybrown]my[/COLOR] middle[/COLOR] name[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Lucida Handwriting][COLOR=orange][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff8c00][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002fe0a3/01004/signature.png]Pidgette[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=seagreen][COLOR=sandybrown][COLOR=darkorange](u[/COLOR]nof[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=sandybrown]f[/COLOR]i[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]cial [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]grou[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]pie a[/COLOR][COLOR=sandybrown]nd thre[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]adsta[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]l[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]ker [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]of[/COLOR] [COLOR=sienna]Sarcasmo[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange])[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

To my raid of creeps this afternoon that made me look like a good leader. Well done!
    [CENTER]
    [size=1][color=blue]*this dillhole has retired and gone to Warhammer*[/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=blue]*this dillhole is back for the time being*[/color][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000466fa/signature.png]Uklug[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

I would like to send a shout out to Yurpee of Misadventurers who came to our rift raid to offer his sword and advice this weekend. With his help we got Thaurlach which was a kinship first.

Thank you so much for your selflessnes Yurpee. We appreciate you so much!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000001b586/01008/signature.png]Seremela[/charsig]
    Seremela Telperian*Minstrel/Anarane*LM/Melisse*Hunter
    Elendilmir: [color=orange][Jewelled Bell][/color] goes *Jingle, Jangle*

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast