We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    6 Myrtle Court, Mousehill, Shire Homesteads

Re: The ShoutOut(tm) Thread

Shout out to Hunin of The Faith for an excellent group last night in the Barrows. He was helpful and patient! Thanks!!

Shout out to a kindly gent by the name of Dindark (sp?) who saved mine and my husband's tails in Minas Eriol tonight when were over run by a pack of Goblins! Thanks a bunch!!

-Adri
    [CENTER][COLOR=#993399]([/COLOR][COLOR=#953999]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#923f99]`[/COLOR][COLOR=#8f4699]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#8c4c99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#885399].[/COLOR][COLOR=#855999]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#826099]([/COLOR][COLOR=#7f6699]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#7b6d99]`[/COLOR][COLOR=#787399]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#757a99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#728099].[/COLOR][COLOR=#6e8799]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#6b8d99]([/COLOR][COLOR=#689499]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#659a99]`[/COLOR][COLOR=#61a199]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#5ea799]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#5bae99].[/COLOR][COLOR=#58b499]¸[/COLOR] [COLOR=#51c199]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#4ec799]d[/COLOR][COLOR=#4bce99]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#48d499]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#44db99]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#41e199]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#3ee899]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#3bee99]a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#33ff99]S[/COLOR][COLOR=#36f899]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#39f299]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#3ceb99]v[/COLOR][COLOR=#3fe599]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#43de99]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#46d899]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#49d199]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#4ccb99]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#50c499]f[/COLOR] [COLOR=#56b799]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#59b199].[/COLOR][COLOR=#5daa99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#60a499]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#639d99]´[/COLOR][COLOR=#669799]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#6a9099])[/COLOR][COLOR=#6d8a99]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#708399].[/COLOR][COLOR=#737d99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#777799]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#7a7099]´[/COLOR][COLOR=#7d6a99]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#806399])[/COLOR][COLOR=#835d99]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#875699].[/COLOR][COLOR=#8a5099]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#8d4999]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#904399]´[/COLOR][COLOR=#943c99]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#973699])[/COLOR]
    ~*~Proud Officer of the Safe Havens of Arda ~*~
    (¯`'•.¸Leilanni*Cirlonde*Faile¸.•'´¯)[/CENTER]

My shout outs added to Fernelf and Cherubina for giving us a strong foundation of community...

And to those who aided my Elf Tinuvanor in Ered Luin and my Hobbit Beryle in the Shire areas, especially the Axe Head Path quests. No matter how many times I've done it, it's still not any easier using an elf to get up that hill. Dwarves rock!

Actually, most people on this server rock! *thumbs up*

To the fellows who were waiting on the book in the hostile Earth-Kin camp in the North Downs:

You were waiting for the book. I asked how many were waiting, and it was just one of you. I waited, you got the book, and then I moved in to wait for the respawn.

Because you were aware that there were hostile spawns in the area, you killed them off while I was blindly waiting for the book because you didn't want someone to ninja the book from me while I was fighting off the spawn, as someone had done to you.

Thanks for the help.
    Server: Elendilmir
    Illiena, 65 Burglar -- Wharton, 65 Warden -- Ulrandir, 65 Captain -- Sinfiladan, 65 Hunter
    Iorana, 65 Loremaster -- Roin, 65 Minstrel -- Gibbo, 55 Guardian -- Khazin, 51 RK -- Khazat, 34 Champion

6 Myrtle Court, Mousehill, Shire Homesteads

Several shout outs today (I've been getting a bit behind), so sorry for the belatedness.

Ganoes & Ticoro, thanks for your help in finding Mattie Woodruff a few days ago. Excellent directions!

Luce & Tryton of Aurora Australis for help with some quests.

And a huge thank you to Ision for letting me polish up some gems for a last bit of experience I needed. Ision is one of the most generous people I've met in game and such kindness won't be forgotten!!

-Adri
    [CENTER][COLOR=#993399]([/COLOR][COLOR=#953999]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#923f99]`[/COLOR][COLOR=#8f4699]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#8c4c99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#885399].[/COLOR][COLOR=#855999]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#826099]([/COLOR][COLOR=#7f6699]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#7b6d99]`[/COLOR][COLOR=#787399]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#757a99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#728099].[/COLOR][COLOR=#6e8799]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#6b8d99]([/COLOR][COLOR=#689499]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#659a99]`[/COLOR][COLOR=#61a199]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#5ea799]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#5bae99].[/COLOR][COLOR=#58b499]¸[/COLOR] [COLOR=#51c199]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#4ec799]d[/COLOR][COLOR=#4bce99]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#48d499]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#44db99]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#41e199]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#3ee899]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#3bee99]a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#33ff99]S[/COLOR][COLOR=#36f899]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#39f299]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#3ceb99]v[/COLOR][COLOR=#3fe599]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#43de99]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#46d899]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#49d199]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#4ccb99]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#50c499]f[/COLOR] [COLOR=#56b799]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#59b199].[/COLOR][COLOR=#5daa99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#60a499]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#639d99]´[/COLOR][COLOR=#669799]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#6a9099])[/COLOR][COLOR=#6d8a99]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#708399].[/COLOR][COLOR=#737d99]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#777799]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#7a7099]´[/COLOR][COLOR=#7d6a99]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#806399])[/COLOR][COLOR=#835d99]¸[/COLOR][COLOR=#875699].[/COLOR][COLOR=#8a5099]•[/COLOR][COLOR=#8d4999]'[/COLOR][COLOR=#904399]´[/COLOR][COLOR=#943c99]¯[/COLOR][COLOR=#973699])[/COLOR]
    ~*~Proud Officer of the Safe Havens of Arda ~*~
    (¯`'•.¸Leilanni*Cirlonde*Faile¸.•'´¯)[/CENTER]

Shout out to Dryson (or Dyson). Level 23 Minstrel I met in the Lone Lands on Monday.

I was killing Orcs in the ruins where the Slaughterer spawns. He actually cam up to me and talked to me in open chat! We grouped up and banged out several quests we each needed.

Guardian and Minstrels make an AWSOME team btw.

I just wanted to say thanks to a guy who helped me and another in the jagger jack quest (cant remember his name) after I had waited around for an hour to get a group while attempting it on my own (and dying).

so big thanks to you whoever you were.

This thread needs to be stickied!

*jumps up and down*

STICKY! STICKY! STICKY!

yes i agree STICKY IT PLEASE

To the freeps that were holding the bridge at TA in the Ettenmoors Friday night:

Thanks for being there. I haven't done much Monster Play, but it was a blast, trying to break your defenses. Feint, flank, charge - it took just about forever to break through. When I logged on my Monster, I didn't think I'd be on for long. But I got in, and I got hooked.

No AI can provide the enjoyment of a pitched battle for position with other actual people.
    Illiena, 65 Burglar -- Wharton, 65 Warden -- Ulrandir, 65 Captain -- Sinfiladan, 65 Hunter
    Iorana, 65 Loremaster -- Roin, 65 Minstrel -- Gibbo, 55 Guardian -- Khazin, 51 RK -- Khazat, 34 Champion

I'd like to thank the giant elite master turtle that saved me from the orcs and trolls during the quest Rampage.

Much belated love to the nice Hunter who gave me a hand to do the spider quest in Overhill (sorry, forgotten your name ). We had a blast in there, my burglar would have had a time solo..and then she did her "walking tree" quest.

When the tree gets up and moves, we were both stunned, and not sure if we should attack the tree..then I got ko'd by some sneaky spiders. Noticed that the spiders left the tree alone, too.

And thank you again, Patience!

And a great "shout-out" for my new friend Jasmyne, who has been wonderful to hunt goblins with..next stop, Bree.

A big dwarf huzzah to Klix, my homeslice Hobbit who invited me and a kinsmen to his party! Good party, good beer, good roleplaying. Very hobbit-y.

Also, Cragolas, who when I was level 20 running off to slay level 30 elite trolls (LOL) watched over me as I made my way through purple mobs to Esteldin. A very fine fellow indeed.

A big thank you to Hasmatt and Bayron who have both dropped everything on a number of occasions to quest with me and/or provide much needed equipment upgrades!

Two of the most generous and helpful people I've ever encountered!

To all the Freeps that participated in the Raid Saturday June 23 that flipped the whole of the Ettenmoors. Orelious was the Raid Leader, I believe. Excellent leadership, and an excellent job by all involved. Best... PUG... Raid... Ever.

Talking Re: The ShoutOut(tm) Thread

Just wanted to give thanks to Ronwise and Grundon, who went above and beyond for a Fellowship newb (me). My minstrel Strado did a PUG with them on two quests last night, Old Odo's Leaf Farm and The Fate of Prunella. We rip through both quests, get back to Scary to get our reward, only to find that I didn't know that on retrieval quests each fellowship member has to individual loot the target item - which I hadn't done. Both Ronwise and Grundon volunteer to go back through the quest with me so I can retrieve the umbrella. I couldn't have done it without them. Thanks!

I'd like to give a ShoutOut to Cynjurwyn, who is a GM of woodworking, she made me my bows (yes, plural) at a net loss to her!
    Last edited by The_Rohanic_Elf; Jun 29 2007 at 07:22 PM.

I'd like to give a couple of very belated, but heartfelt, ShoutOuts.

First to Fernelf, for being an inspiration from the very beginning, and for including me in the initial "roundup" of testers and Kinships that became the foundation for everything that makes the Elendilmir Community so great.

I'd also like to thank every player who has volunteered, or will volunteer in the future, to be an Elendilmir In-game Helper. The list began to fill the moment the thread went up, and we have the longest list! I salute the Elendilmir Helpers, who generously offer advice, and share their time and knowledge of the game with new players.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=cyan]Save a Dwarf! Toss a Hobbit![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1]Elendilmir, the [URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/index.php/Item:Jeweled_Bell"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][Jeweled Bell][/COLOR][/URL] of LotRO Servers ~ [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=2049382&postcount=5"]Patience[/URL][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1]“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” ~ George Bernard Shaw[/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000001367/01002/signature.png]Cherubina[/charsig][/CENTER]

Big thanks to a Level 30+ hunter out there (sorry wish I could remember the name) who helped me find the Twisted Wood.

After asking on the Advice channel about locating the wood, someone replied with false info. They were going to send me to the Bree Festival Grounds. Seemed odd to me but I probably would have went there anyway.
    Luckily the hunter IMed me almost immediately telling me the guy was lying. The hunter took a good 15 to 20 minutes out of his time to take me to the guy I needed to kill to get the wood. I think he actually killed him for me. Then he mapped me straight back to Bree.

Very generous use of info and time.

P.S. I found the note in my inventory the next day that would have directed me in the right direction. I felt kinda silly after reading it.

Thanks Urik!

48 Guardian answered my cry for help (crafting quest in <gulp!> Angmar). He rode to the MOb and summoned my champion of mediocrity, Pennywise the hobbit.

Wot a guy!

There are *so* many people that have helped me these past 2+ months on this game, I cannot remember all of their names. Let me try and jog my memory a bit.. I have a list somewhere of a few people/kins.

I have been helped by members of the Mithril Guard many times throughout my gameplay, most recently today by a dwarf who I think was named Atkar, or something similar to that. Thank you!

Thank you to Gandalor, Crumb, Gardau, and Mozep for the best PuG ever to take on Tomb of Elendil. No healer at all, and we did it with only two deaths at the end. It was fabulous.

Thank you to my own kin members at Followers of Light (Aphadrim uin Calad in the game) for random help in and out.

Thank you to two people- I cannot remember who, sadly- who I basically did about 6 to 10 quests in Ram Duath and easier parts of Angmar with. Thank you!

Thank you for the random heals by random minstrels! XP be darned, I'd rather be alive

I am so bad at remembering names, but there was someone through my questing in Angmar that kept 8-10 items for me in storage until we could make it back to Aughaire. Thank you *very* much for not running off with anything that I didn't say you couldn't keep. I appreciated it so very much- I love nice people.

Thank you to that person who was with me in Book4, Ch5, and let me have the hunter's page after I stupidly rolled "greed" on it instead of need. Thank you!

Thank you to that level 50 minstrel- again, bad with names- that helped us all with Book5, Ch8! It made it much easier, to say the least

I shall start writing down names for all the awesome people I meet out there... I think Elendilmir is a great server
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

I have to put a shout out to one of my kinmates, Thalifea, who generously lent his Hobbit minstrel Smithwick to me on a number of quests in the last few weeks. Smithwick is now lvl 20 & GM Farming, but was nice enough to help out some low level Hobbits. I love nice people!

Thumbs up Re: The ShoutOut(tm) Thread

A big thanks to Aedric from Ridders oif the Riddermark, Mindar of Ring Guard of Rivendell, Shainto of Ring Guard of Rivendell, Seremela of The Guardians and Asumundr for an awesome display of skill and team work. We rocked Hisuk making Blood mountain just that more red tonight.

Awesome group! Hope to see you all again.
    [FONT=system][B]Stundot!™[/B][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Thank you to Gandalor, Crumb, Gardau, and Mozep for the best PuG ever to take on Tomb of Elendil. No healer at all, and we did it with only two deaths at the end. It was fabulous.
    I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the others you name; but Mozep is a genuinely good guy.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast