We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Instance finder lock when someone is Link Dead

Instance finder lock when someone is Link Dead in the Raid, thats very annoying.

Recently there are lots of player that go LD after a raid and it lock the instance finder.

Could they allow to start a raid even with LD in the group? that would be nice

dismiss the linkdead person and reinvite them when they're back. were you able to start an instance with a linkdead person and they did not come back, necessitating their replacement, you'd have to wait for the instance to clear the spot of the linkdead member before a new person could come in. dismissing them beforehand solves that problem. obviously that only works on raids or with smaller instances when you are using the specific finder rather than the advanced, but since everyone needs to confirm in the advanced finder, a linkdead person isn't going to be able to confirm anyway

There isn't enough information for me to understand what the problem is. Could you explain in more detail?

For example, Tantalus is group leader. We have 12 in our raid group. I tried to start Helegrod Drake Wing at level 85. Nothing happens becausd Player 8 goes link dead (client crashes to desktop) when they try to enter the instance.

Turbine will need detailed information in order to reproduce the problem. Otherwise, fixing it is not possible. That happens with software. There is clearly something wrong. I have no clue what the customer is doing or seeing. Something like "Feature A is broke" for a complaint does not do anything.

Or in my own personal life. Ms. Yula calls on the cell phone. Come out and change my tire. Where are you? I do not know. Honey are you in Palm Beach County?
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Cool

For example, xxx is group leader. We have 12 in our raid group. I start a 85 raid. We finish the raid and leave instance. Player 2,5 and 8 goes link dead (client crashes to desktop) when they exit the instance.

Dismissing them might piss them off and they ragequit because they think Iv found a replacement.

Waiting 3 to 10min for them to login to start a dummy. (IF launch is grey out due to LD)

one of the 3 that have problem enter the dummy and crash to desktop again.

Wait more time for him to login. (IF launch is grey out due to LD)

Start the raid

btw, thats a true exemple that hapenned this weekend

We can start a raid undermanned but we cant if one is LD
    Last edited by MATEOS-1; Jun 17 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MATEOS-1 View Post
    For example, xxx is group leader. We have 12 in our raid group. I start a 85 raid. We finish the raid and leave instance. Player 2,5 and 8 goes link dead (client crashes to desktop) when they exit the instance.

Dismissing them might piss them off and they ragequit because they think Iv found a replacement.

Waiting 3 to 10min for them to login to start a dummy. (IF launch is grey out due to LD)
    At this point, dismissing the 3 LD's should allow you to start the dummy, exit, and restart the instance you want. By the time they get back online, you'll be restarted and waiting for them.

one of the 3 that have problem enter the dummy and crash to desktop again.
    Since only the raid leader needs to enter the dummy instance, this should not be happening. Educate the player not to enter the dummy instance.

Wait more time for him to login. (IF launch is grey out due to LD)

Start the raid
    Dismiss the LD's to start your dummy; tell your raid NOT to enter the dummy; then once you've reset the instance you can give the LD's a few minutes to get logged back in and rejoin the raid, or find replacements.

We can start a raid undermanned but we cant if one is LD
    The system thinks the LD is still in the old instance, hence why you can't start a new one to reset it. Dismiss the LD's for the good of the raid; they'll learn to live with it, especially if you're nice and give them time to get logged back on before seeking replacements.