We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stuck in Wildermore

I am so stuck. I am not getting any more quest lines for epic or for Wildermore and can not get the dailies.
    I have back tracked through the farms, Nona's cave and Leaflock's mead. Turbine was no help, and neither was sending in a ticket. They said they can't help me. They sure like my credit card though
    If anyone has any suggestions I would be deeply appreciative

I believe that in order to get started on the dailies in Wildermore you have to have achieved Kindred rep with the people of Wildermore. Then the NPC shows up to give you the Survivors of Wildermore daily quests, (of which you can only do 5 a day), in the same area where the Survivor and Peoples Barterers are located in Forlaw. I hope this helps.
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

Officer - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

I am kindred. Thanks for trying though

It seems I am not the only one getting dropped quest lines from the posts I have read on the subject. They need to change it and have the npc show up if you get kindred. Having something show up only if you do all the quests is fine and dandy if there is a clear path to get there.
    I am so disappointed in this region.
    Last edited by Ayrelle; Jun 16 2013 at 10:25 PM.

I am sorry I couldn't be helpful. 8^(

All I know is, when I became kindred with the Peoples of wildermore, the npc Cole popped up and that was when I could start doing the dailies. (btw I had completed the Epic questline and the deeds for each area of doing so many quests, but no Cole!)

I hope you can find where you left off and are able to get to the dailies. Good Luck!
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

Officer - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

In case it is any help, I got the dailies after I had completed the instance where you defeat Nurzum. I was kindred but had not done any of the epics. Did you complete that one?
    A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress!

I have not defeated him. Where does the quest start for those? I can't finds any quest rings.

It is part of the quest line where you follow Cyneberg in her search for Thrymm. It starts in Forlaw at the Lornsettle, then you go with Cyneberg to various places. Have you started that? If so, how far have you gotten?
    A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress!

Here is a list of my completed Fallows Quests. I do not have any open quests anywhere in Wildermore.
    A Time for rebuilding
    A Time to be alone
    Arrival of Thrymm;s War-steed
    Avenging the Lost Farmers
    Bovine Break Out
    Brulk slayer of Garnoth
    Farms of the Fallows
    Instance: The funeral in Forlaw
    Instance: Thrymm's Farm
    Keeping the orphans busy
    Laudh. Lietenant of Nurzum
    Leaving a Lasting Mark
    Matron of the pack
    Nurzum's passing
    Paralyzed by grief
    Preparing for a siege
    Remembering Thyrmm
    Returning the favour
    Salvage for the greater good
    The funeral in forlaw
    The next stages of grief
    The rescue in Cuthbald's farm
    The search of Garferth's farm
    The search of Garsig's farm
    The widow of Edsig
    The widow of Garferth
    The widow of Garsig
    They deserve a better fate
    Thrymm's farm
    Trained with cruelty

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHug View Post
    I believe that in order to get started on the dailies in Wildermore you have to have achieved Kindred rep with the people of Wildermore. Then the NPC shows up to give you the Survivors of Wildermore daily quests, (of which you can only do 5 a day), in the same area where the Survivor and Peoples Barterers are located in Forlaw. I hope this helps.
    Actually, kindred with the People of Wildermore is not required at all. The Survivors of Wildermore NPCs appear regardless of your reputation status with the People of Wildermore.

What is required is that you complete the final instance in which Nurzum is frozen/defeated.

Basically this is the quest progression as you leave Forlaw: Dunfast (including the refugee camp) > the High Knolls (including Nona's Cave) > Balewoods (including the camp with the stable, and the cave a short ways in with the vendors, the glade in the north-east part of Balewood with the ents, the larger clearing in the north-west with another ent, etc) > the High Knolls (this time to a small village on the top of a hill, as well as Nona's Cave I think).
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Mar! You saved the day! I had missed an ent in Balewood. I picked up some more quests, so hopefully on my way now
    Thank you!

No problem! It is totally understandable. Can't hardly take two steps in Balewood without bumping my nose into a tree, much less see where I'm going. >.< Hope it gets you back on track towards defeating Nurzum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Basically this is the quest progression as you leave Forlaw: Dunfast (including the refugee camp) > the High Knolls (including Nona's Cave) > Balewoods (including the camp with the stable, and the cave a short ways in with the vendors, the glade in the north-east part of Balewood with the ents, the larger clearing in the north-west with another ent, etc) > the High Knolls (this time to a small village on the top of a hill, as well as Nona's Cave I think).
    That's a great mini-guide! Unfortunately didn't help me I'm stuck for the second time already on quest hubs in Wildermore, this time apparently between ents quests. I did all the quests two ents in the north-east part of Balewood were offering me and they didn't send my anywhere. The ring quest icons above their heads are just gone. I went to the cave in Balewood, where Huna is, he didn't have anything for me. After reading quoted mini-guide I went looking for the second clearing in the north-west. I've found it and found ent Leaflock there, but he didn't have any quest for me. Does anyone have any clue what I've missed? Maybe some "area quest" that should pop up after entering some area?

I've completed all book quests and I didn't fight Nurzum yet. When it comes to "Nurzum instances" last one I've experienced was when my toon was observing huorns matching to fight Nurzum - was there with Nona and Horn, at the entrance of Nona's Cave.
    Treat me mean, I need the reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstah View Post
    That's a great mini-guide! Unfortunately didn't help me I'm stuck for the second time already on quest hubs in Wildermore, this time apparently between ents quests. I did all the quests two ents in the north-east part of Balewood were offering me and they didn't send my anywhere. The ring quest icons above their heads are just gone. I went to the cave in Balewood, where Huna is, he didn't have anything for me. After reading quoted mini-guide I went looking for the second clearing in the north-west. I've found it and found ent Leaflock there, but he didn't have any quest for me. Does anyone have any clue what I've missed? Maybe some "area quest" that should pop up after entering some area?

I've completed all book quests and I didn't fight Nurzum yet. When it comes to "Nurzum instances" last one I've experienced was when my toon was observing huorns matching to fight Nurzum - was there with Nona and Horn, at the entrance of Nona's Cave.
    I wish I could help you more, but unfortunately I don't have the coordinates for the other ents. What was the very last quest(s) you did for the two ents in the north-east?

I wish I could help you more, but unfortunately I don't have the coordinates for the other ents. What was the very last quest(s) you did for the two ents in the north-east?
    Hm, I'm not sure if I remember, but I think I was burning down some carts in the orc camp called "Nurzum's passage" or something like that.

But oh well, I'm not desperate to do it, so no worries I'm actually disillusioned about Wildermore so much, that I don't care anymore at all if I'll complete it or not. Turbine really reached another peak of incompetence - this time they've broken even something as trivial as questing. One could say it's not possible to mess up with solo PvE content, yet Turbine did it...

Hm, I'm not sure if I remember, but I think I was burning down some carts in the orc camp called "Nurzum's passage" or something like that.

But oh well, I'm not desperate to do it, so no worries I'm actually disillusioned about Wildermore so much, that I don't care anymore at all if I'll complete it or not. Turbine really reached another peak of incompetence - this time they've broken even something as trivial as questing. One could say it's not possible to mess up with solo PvE content, yet Turbine did it...
    The quest involving burning carts is one of half a dozen (or more) quests that are along the main path. I would compare your quest list with the list on wikipedia. At this point, only a handful of the early quests have been added to wikipedia, but since you are still early into Balewood, perhaps it will help you. The link is HERE. The quest to burn carts is called Freeze or Burn. There is a quest called If an Orc Falls in the Forest that tells you to kill Lomor (though you have to be close enough to trigger the update to that quest). Killing Lomor drops a quest item that starts Right in Two. The thing is, earlier you said you had already done all the quests those first two ents (Barallas and his friend) give you, so burning carts can't be the last one you did. Burning carts is in the quest chain directly before Barallas.

Once you finish Right in Two, you are sent into the wild to kill hewers and end up at Stonecliff (where Barallas and Tithenolf). After an instance you are given a new quest called Hiding in the Wilds. You are sent to two different ents (Strongroot and Nindorn) and in the rough area between them you get a landscape quest (A Wild Growth). After you complete their quests (A Lost Friend and In Nurzum's Wake) you get sent back to Barallas. It is at this point that the wiki more or less ends.

I think there are a total of 7 ents altogether. Barallas and Tithenolf , Nindorn and Strongroot, Leaflock at the furthest glade to the west, Mossbeard in the far south-west, and Duskleaf in the south-east. Of all the ents, at the very end of the entire questing of Balewood, Leaflock and Duskleaf are the only ones who do not get moved to Stonecliff. Leaflock remains at the appropriately named Leaflock's Mead (the glade I mentioned earlier), and you end up fighting and defeating Duskleaf.

Running on my hazy memory, I took a toon out to Balewood to try and search all the locations out. I knew that, due to phasing, they may no longer even appear in their original locations. Unfortunately, I was right. But I hate to see people give up, especially when I personally liked this area.

Barallas and Tithenolf are at Stonecliff (30.2S by 70.9W).

Strongroot originally is located at 30.5S by 72.4W (straight west from Stonecliff).
    Nindorn originally is located at 32.4S by 69.9W (sorta south-east from Stonecliff). Nindorn's quest, A Lost Friend, sends you to Duskleaf, who you have to fight and defeat. Then you go back to Nindorn and turn it in. Duskleaf is located at the Enting Hollow (32.1S by 69.7W).

After doing their two quests you go and turn in Hiding in the Wilds to Barallas, I think, and both Strongroot and Nindorn are moved from their previous locations to Stonecliff. Now you have four ents standing there.

Next is Mossbeard, who is located at roughly 34.0S by 71.8W. Advancing this quest results in you getting a whistle. You dismount, blow the whistle, he comes up, and you get some more quests (2 I think) from him. I remembered his location because right down from where he stands is a hill with a bunch of mobs that haven't quite grasped the meaning of remote-looting OR open-tapping. Kinda annoying.

After completing the various quests involving Mossbeard, you eventually get sent to Leaflock at his Mead (which I guess must be short for meadow). He is of course located at 32.2S by 73.2W. You do some quests for him and then you get sent up around the hills to Dru Vadokan. Barallas has moved from Stonecliff to just outside Dru Vadokan (slightly southish? around the corner from the entrance to Dru Vadokan). You complete quests for him and eventually end up back at Stonecliff where you find 5 ents waiting for you (Barallas, Tithenolf, Strongroot, Nindorn, and Mossbeard) and you get to say au revoir to Balewood. You are then sent back to the High Knolls for a few last quests before the ultimate instance where you use a horn to defeat Nurzum by freezing him in his own ice. You go back to brag of your adventures in Forlaw and start the Survivors of Wildermore dailies (reminiscent of Hytbold, only without the rebuilding).

With the exception of the first quests from the camp with the Balewood stable, and the cave near Nurzum's Wrath, and the various remotely-bestowed quests, these are the only quests of the land. As the deed explains, there are 25 quests required to complete it. There are actually about 35 quests total, however. That includes 5 instances, but excludes the two warband quests and a session play.

That's about all I can say, short of copying out all 35 quests in my completed log, which would take an insane amount of time. xD
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Jul 02 2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: incorrect details mistakenly left in...

Mar-Evayave thank you very much for this effort. That guide was very useful for me, as I've found what I was missing - I hope someone else will also find it helpful. I've missed Strongroot and now thanks to your coordinates found him and I'm back on track Big +rep to you!

Mar-Evayave thank you very much for this effort. That guide was very useful for me, as I've found what I was missing - I hope someone else will also find it helpful. I've missed Strongroot and now thanks to your coordinates found him and I'm back on track Big +rep to you!
    You are very much welcome! I have found, based on my own experience, that the biggest reason now (since the Cyneberg/Thrymm/farm quest problems have been resolved) for problems questing involve missing a quest. It's very easy to miss quests, especially with those quests that come from dropped items -- I'm always leaving an area only to have to go back in because I didn't realize I'd gotten a quest item. But in any case, I'm glad that you found the spot you missed! Contrary to the opinions of a lot of people, I at least have really enjoyed Wildermore, and it makes me a little sad to see people frustrated by it. But then again, I am a more casual player. I have raided and PvMPed, but when it comes to the average day, I tend to play solo (or duo, with a questing buddy of mine). I'm pretty easy to please.

The quest involving burning carts is one of half a dozen (or more) quests that are along the main path. I would compare your quest list with the list on wikipedia. At this point, only a handful of the early quests have been added to wikipedia, but since you are still early into Balewood, perhaps it will help you. The link is HERE. The quest to burn carts is called Freeze or Burn. There is a quest called If an Orc Falls in the Forest that tells you to kill Lomor (though you have to be close enough to trigger the update to that quest). Killing Lomor drops a quest item that starts Right in Two. The thing is, earlier you said you had already done all the quests those first two ents (Barallas and his friend) give you, so burning carts can't be the last one you did. Burning carts is in the quest chain directly before Barallas.

Once you finish Right in Two, you are sent into the wild to kill hewers and end up at Stonecliff (where Barallas and Tithenolf). After an instance you are given a new quest called Hiding in the Wilds. You are sent to two different ents (Strongroot and Nindorn) and in the rough area between them you get a landscape quest (A Wild Growth). After you complete their quests (A Lost Friend and In Nurzum's Wake) you get sent back to Barallas. It is at this point that the wiki more or less ends.

I think there are a total of 7 ents altogether. Barallas and Tithenolf , Nindorn and Strongroot, Leaflock at the furthest glade to the west, Mossbeard in the far south-west, and Duskleaf in the south-east. Of all the ents, at the very end of the entire questing of Balewood, Leaflock and Duskleaf are the only ones who do not get moved to Stonecliff. Leaflock remains at the appropriately named Leaflock's Mead (the glade I mentioned earlier), and you end up fighting and defeating Duskleaf.

Running on my hazy memory, I took a toon out to Balewood to try and search all the locations out. I knew that, due to phasing, they may no longer even appear in their original locations. Unfortunately, I was right. But I hate to see people give up, especially when I personally liked this area.

Barallas and Tithenolf are at Stonecliff (30.2S by 70.9W).

Strongroot originally is located at 30.5S by 72.4W (straight west from Stonecliff).
    Nindorn originally is located at 32.4S by 69.9W (sorta south-east from Stonecliff). Nindorn's quest, A Lost Friend, sends you to Duskleaf, who you have to fight and defeat. Then you go back to Nindorn and turn it in. Duskleaf is located at the Enting Hollow (32.1S by 69.7W).

After doing their two quests you go and turn in Hiding in the Wilds to Barallas, I think, and both Strongroot and Nindorn are moved from their previous locations to Stonecliff. Now you have four ents standing there.

Next is Mossbeard, who is located at roughly 34.0S by 71.8W. Advancing this quest results in you getting a whistle. You dismount, blow the whistle, he comes up, and you get some more quests (2 I think) from him. I remembered his location because right down from where he stands is a hill with a bunch of mobs that haven't quite grasped the meaning of remote-looting OR open-tapping. Kinda annoying.

After completing the various quests involving Mossbeard, you eventually get sent to Leaflock at his Mead (which I guess must be short for meadow). He is of course located at 32.2S by 73.2W. You do some quests for him and then you get sent up around the hills to Dru Vadokan. Barallas has moved from Stonecliff to just outside Dru Vadokan (slightly southish? around the corner from the entrance to Dru Vadokan). You complete quests for him and eventually end up back at Stonecliff where you find 5 ents waiting for you (Barallas, Tithenolf, Strongroot, Nindorn, and Mossbeard) and you get to say au revoir to Balewood. You are then sent back to the High Knolls for a few last quests before the ultimate instance where you use a horn to defeat Nurzum by freezing him in his own ice. You go back to brag of your adventures in Forlaw and start the Survivors of Wildermore dailies (reminiscent of Hytbold, only without the rebuilding).

With the exception of the first quests from the camp with the Balewood stable, and the cave near Nurzum's Wrath, and the various remotely-bestowed quests, these are the only quests of the land. As the deed explains, there are 25 quests required to complete it. There are actually about 35 quests total, however. That includes 5 instances, but excludes the two warband quests and a session play.

That's about all I can say, short of copying out all 35 quests in my completed log, which would take an insane amount of time. xD
    Hmm i never got the quests for Dru Vadokan. I don't know why. No NPC there though now to give me the quests. I'll have to keep looking.

Edit thanks so much I found them. Barillas and Mossleaf had returned to Stonecliff after i had completed the epic. I never picked up the quests once there or didn't see them. As soon as I got to stonecliff I saw the rings on the minimap although they were not on the main map (that was my problem i was looking for them on the main map).

Anyway, thanks so much Mar! your post provided the information I needed to find them afterall. i should have known there would be quests in the orc area to the north.
    Last edited by Earenya; Jul 05 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Earenya View Post
    Hmm i never got the quests for Dru Vadokan. I don't know why. No NPC there though now to give me the quests. I'll have to keep looking.

Edit thanks so much I found them. Barillas and Mossleaf had returned to Stonecliff after i had completed the epic. I never picked up the quests once there or didn't see them. As soon as I got to stonecliff I saw the rings on the minimap although they were not on the main map (that was my problem i was looking for them on the main map).

Anyway, thanks so much Mar! your post provided the information I needed to find them afterall. i should have known there would be quests in the orc area to the north.
    Glad I could be of help! Now that previous quest chains involving Cyneberg, etc. have been resolved, it seemed Balewood is the next tricky spot. Only too easy to miss a quest.

Glad I could be of help! Now that previous quest chains involving Cyneberg, etc. have been resolved, it seemed Balewood is the next tricky spot. Only too easy to miss a quest.
    Yes although intuitively, as you say, if you go back over there to where Barillas is you can get it. it only made sense that there would be quests in the Orc area to the north. All they really need is to put a ring over his head on the main map. That would indicate to players that there's a quest. Or like me if you're a hobbit "look up" the dude has a quest ring. I think it's because I'm such a short character I strain my neck looking up. LOL.

lol Yeah, I think we hobbits can get away with a lot due to our shortness. ^_^

No quests ever have quest rings on the big map before you obtain the quests, though. Just on the minimap.