We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: weaver dps

weaver dps

Hi guys,

for the sake of interest, i would like to know if there is any info as to which dps setup is better.
    At the moment i am runing with 4 critical boots.
    Would the mastery boost be better than criticals? overall i am getting about 25% criticals (according to combat analysis).

thanks for your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by UwS-Harledir View Post
    Hi guys,

for the sake of interest, i would like to know if there is any info as to which dps setup is better.
    At the moment i am runing with 4 critical boots.
    Would the mastery boost be better than criticals? overall i am getting about 25% criticals (according to combat analysis).

thanks for your ideas.
    Best dps build I have found is 4x critical rating, damage for power rank 2, and health for power rank 2.

You can squeeze a tiny bit more dps out of replacing the health corruption with a crit rating, or if you are feeling REALLY suicidal damage for health rank 2.

Avoid the mastery corruptions, the DR curve on mastery is such that when you have 2 or more OPs you are coming out way behind for slotting these (since the diminished returns reduces the amount of damage you are actually gaining per slot down quite a bit).

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Best dps build I have found is 4x critical rating, damage for power rank 2, and health for power rank 2.

You can squeeze a tiny bit more dps out of replacing the health corruption with a crit rating, or if you are feeling REALLY suicidal damage for health rank 2.

Avoid the mastery corruptions, the DR curve on mastery is such that when you have 2 or more OPs you are coming out way behind for slotting these (since the diminished returns reduces the amount of damage you are actually gaining per slot down quite a bit).
    thanks for the feedback, looks i will be staying with what i have then

Weaver dps is garbage in general, especially against any class that can heal spam even a little.
    Weavers have the worst dps of all creep dps classes, so if you want to do some serious/actual dmg you're going to have to reroll a reaver.
    One mastery corruption will boost your dmg by 4.7%, while dog for health/power will only boost it 5%- so think carefully about whether or not that .3% dmg boost is worth the health loss.
    Reflect is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Catholicism View Post
    Weaver dps is garbage in general, especially against any class that can heal spam even a little.
    Our DPS is on the lower end, but we have a lot of active defense and control. We aren't meant to be a DPS class, and creeps pretty much are stuck in narrowly defined rolls by design.

There is no single creep class that can brute force DPS through a healing traited freep healing class (rk/Mini) in a solo situation unless the freep healer messes up badly (or doesn't move well vs a glass cannon shadow warg). That's just the way things are right now.

The positives for the spider are the strong control we have, especially once you have shadow's bite, and our ability to dictate combat range. We're a potent class in solo and small group, though the current meta game makes us pretty lackluster in larger fights to be honest.

Weavers have the worst dps of all creep dps classes, so if you want to do some serious/actual dmg you're going to have to reroll a reaver.
    Weavers out DPS both Warleaders and Defilers by a fair clip.

One mastery corruption will boost your dmg by 4.7%, while dog for health/power will only boost it 5%- so think carefully about whether or not that .3% dmg boost is worth the health loss.
    Reflect is a joke.
    The amount of damage you gain per point of mastery depends on how much mastery you have. Outposts add to your mastery total. So the amount of damage you gain from a mastery corruption is higher when you don't control any outposts. That's why I prefer critical rating corruptions for DPS increase; the DR curve is much friendlier and the benefit per corruption slot doesn't change depending on outpost control.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Just curious, do you think DfP-r2 + 3 crits is more dps or just 4 crits(what I'm currently using)? (I prefer running with 2 healths so I'm wondering which is better... and I'm too lazy to test it out myself :P )
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Quote Originally Posted by Skii View Post
    Just curious, do you think DfP-r2 + 3 crits is more dps or just 4 crits(what I'm currently using)? (I prefer running with 2 healths so I'm wondering which is better... and I'm too lazy to test it out myself :P )
    Damage boost is always going to be better than crits. Crit is based on a percentage where masteries increase your damage overall. However, DR plays a large role with outposts. I typically glass cannon with DfP2, 4x crit and mastery. Gives me about 115% damage with outposts.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

don't think the mastery traits are any good imo, 4X crit and HfP2/DfP2 for around 16k+ish morale is a pretty solid build. been doing some decent damage in that setup
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    don't think the mastery traits are any good imo, 4X crit and HfP2/DfP2 for around 16k+ish morale is a pretty solid build. been doing some decent damage in that setup
    ive noticed 4 crit seems to be the way to go for most creeps these days...i know on my reaver, its the best build ive found. will ahve to try it out on spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post

There is no single creep class that can brute force DPS through a healing traited freep healing class (rk/Mini) in a solo situation unless the freep healer messes up badly (or doesn't move well vs a glass cannon shadow warg). That's just the way things are right now.
    if they rk/mini has under 10k morale, and you'd be surprised how many of these i find, i can burst them down in under 10 seconds, even if i only have 1 OP. ofc, it does require some crits on my end, and the DS debuff not getting resisted like it does 90% of the time -_-

havent played my spider too much, although i dont see bursting them down as an option :P
    Last edited by lugbur; Jun 21 2013 at 04:44 AM.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

Quote Originally Posted by lugbur View Post
    ive noticed 4 crit seems to be the way to go for most creeps these days...i know on my reaver, its the best build ive found. will ahve to try it out on spider.
    6X crit or bust on reaver
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    6X crit or bust on reaver
    eh, 17k morale is just too low with how hard some freeps hit i tried a 6 crit build, jsut didnt work solo/1v1
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

well its not a dps build but a survival build, but health for dam 2, health for power 2, dam for power 2, 2 masterys and a crit protect is really good for when you don't want to die
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000092dab/signature.png]Narlob[/charsig]

I do switch between the typical glass cannon build (4 Critical R., Health 4 Power rank 2 and Damage for Power Rank 2) and a Crit Def build (3 Crit R, 2 Crit P, Heath 4 power Rank 2) depending on how fast I'm dying.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.