We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethean View Post
    Yay! It’s official then, Hunters are OP... I look forward to our upcoming nurf. I apologise to all in advance for accidentally one shooting you, and for not dying in less than 2 seconds fla,t to anyone over rank three… or less.

    Give me a break if I don’t laugh good humouredly.

    When you make outlandish, sweeping generalisations like that, you deserve the odium poured upon your pronouncements.
    A more accurate statement would be that SOME freeps are currently OP, while there are some freeps that are currently underpowered - skill notwithstanding. The same applies to the Creeps.

    Balance in the moors is a myth.

    I do agree however, that if you’re not having fun you’re doing it wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    The prob Keath is that ATM pretty much every freep class but hunter is hard to kill 1v1 or unkillable if they were to trait for that. Ive seen the so called skilled players lose on a regular basis in 1v1's unless freeps gimp themselves even hunters atm can win some 1v1's albeit not easy by any stretch. However in a raid with heals I still mop up and thats where the OP arguement against hunters comes from... Now lets say hunters become as survivable as any other freep class , the scale of balance would be so tipped out of whack creeps would never win. The QQ would be off the charts....

    So as an example of strengths and weaknesses... wargie good solo, wargie trying to get kill in a raid is dead, I make most of my renown this way, so to be honest for every time i've been ganked I've raid ganked a wargie several times over...

    And it does appear hunter is getting changes so who knows what will happen maybe hunters will get their cake and eat it too like every other class...
    Take a look at this thread:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...e-with-support.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    ive read this and agree... with blade brother, critical rating buff, rk crit buff, - attack dur buff hunter in raid is and always was dangerous... I have a clip ill post showing focus fire on me doing nothing while i ran around killing what i wanted... This was not alot of focus fire but still i never lost a tick of morale.. This is pretty close to a group that could easily be outnumbered and win.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZIiwnK3f8

    actually kind of a funny vid.
    Last edited by therealwhizzy; Jun 23 2013 at 10:18 AM.
    work in progress...

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Can't access the video
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    Can't access the video
    hmm were you trying vid via mobile device?

    was set private didnt realize that.. should be ok now.
    Last edited by therealwhizzy; Jun 23 2013 at 10:40 AM.
    work in progress...

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    All that armour swapping is one of the reasons why PVP is unfair.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  6. #31

    unfair

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    All that armour swapping is one of the reasons why PVP is unfair.
    spider reflect unfair
    spider burrow unfair
    Moving target unfair
    warg hips unfair
    warg sprint unfair
    warg shadow stance bpe rendering parry evade chances useless unfair
    hunters main defense skills rendered useless due to finesse &&&& unfair
    creeps being able to pot all slows with ease unfair
    being hit for 20%-30% of morale on a regular basis unfair
    chain stunned and no defense to it unfair
    cant pot slows unfair
    cc heavily resisted unfair

    I could go on but you have no idea what unfair is..

    roll a hunter you wouldnt last a day.
    Last edited by therealwhizzy; Jun 23 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    work in progress...

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    376
    I almost miss these threads...NOT.

    /carry on
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Such a e-bully.

    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    spider reflect unfair
    spider burrow unfair
    Moving target unfair
    warg hips unfair
    warg sprint unfair
    warg shadow stance bpe rendering parry evade chances useless unfair
    hunters main defense skills rendered useless due to finesse &&&& unfair
    We could stay here talking about how skills are unfair but that'd be too much a hassle, you already proved how clueless you are. Thanks for saving me the trouble

    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    creeps being able to pot all slows with ease unfair
    This is bs you made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    being hit for 20%-30% of morale on a regular basis unfair
    chain stunned and no defense to it unfair
    Take your goggles off and turn your vitals into % once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    cc heavily resisted unfair
    cant pot slows unfair
    lolwhat

    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    roll a hunter you wouldnt last a day.
    This is true, but you're not any good in my book as well.
    Last edited by Rashy; Jun 23 2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    spider reflect unfair
    spider burrow unfair
    Moving target unfair
    warg hips unfair
    warg sprint unfair
    warg shadow stance bpe rendering parry evade chances useless unfair
    hunters main defense skills rendered useless due to finesse &&&& unfair
    creeps being able to pot all slows with ease unfair
    being hit for 20%-30% of morale on a regular basis unfair
    chain stunned and no defense to it unfair
    cant pot slows unfair
    cc heavily resisted unfair

    I could go on but you have no idea what unfair is..

    roll a hunter you wouldnt last a day.
    I really didn't wanna reply to these but some I have to ( all from a wargs perspective) I shall endeavor to keep it in good humor. remove burg hips too if it's unfair. after all burgs have KO and TNG. I mean heaven forbid the by far squishiest class on creepside have some way to for a brief moment break the 3k+ hits spamming into them. not sure why sprint is unfair.. if the warg isn't dead before it makes it 40m away perhaps some bow strings need replacing :P shadow stance main attacks ignoring B/P/E is annoying, but you know wargs are known as freep food in most places so they need something to have a chance of getting a kill. Everyones defense skills took a blow from finesse. since it happened to everyone it is fair, what would be unfair is if only 1 class is immune to the finesse power. a creep can pot a hunter slow every 30 seconds if they actually carry red pots, now I checked hunters have 1 slow on 3 second CD 1 on 1.5 second CD.. and if you stack them the creep pot only takes 1 off and they are still slowed. Counter that with hunter relic they could put on swaps to remove slows nearly every time they want. if there is any unfairness in the slow department the class that is actually ranged has the advantage. CC being resisted hurts everyone. sorry for the wall of text. I didn't bother separating didn't think it would be so long.

    I will make a new section for the most important point. you mentioned being hit for 20-30% of your morale regularly is unfair. well lets just examine this. if you combine ALL of creepside there are 5 skills capable of hitting for 20-30% of a normal freeps morale. VT, revenge, drink deep (very rare) impale, and dev strike. now lets take a mosey over to freepside. since it is too many I will do this class by class (note, some of these hit for vastly more then 30%)
    Hunter-Pen shot, blood arrow, heartseeker. and I believe merciful shot though who really uses that.

    Champ. remorseless, merciful. and if we count hits added together in a skill add in ferocious and brutal.

    Minstrel. coda of fury, call to fate, and call of the 2nd age I have all seen do well over 20%

    Captain. Devastating blow, shadows lament (and on really high dps cappies I even seen like 3400 BOE)

    Burglar. surprise strike, flashing blades

    Warden, wall of steel, wardens triumph, onslaught, combination strike (all assailment)

    Runekeeper (king of this) essence of flame. Epic conclusion, shocking words, essence of storm, essence of winter, sustaining bolt, frozen epilogue, perfect imagery, and on high devs even scribes spark comes close.

    LM march of the ents. lightning storm, burning embers, improved sticky gourd. light of the rising dawn.

    Guardian is about the only freep class I have not seen hit for at least 20% of creeps morale.

    In conclusion.. if 20%+ hits were unfair, and were removed. freeps would suffer a heckuva lot more then creeps.
    Last edited by firehandsjr; Jun 23 2013 at 01:52 PM.
    .
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    I really didn't wanna reply to these but some I have to ( all from a wargs perspective) I shall endeavor to keep it in good humor. remove burg hips too if it's unfair. after all burgs have KO and TNG. I mean heaven forbid the by far squishiest class on creepside have some way to for a brief moment break the 3k+ hits spamming into them. not sure why sprint is unfair.. if the warg isn't dead before it makes it 40m away perhaps some bow strings need replacing :P shadow stance main attacks ignoring B/P/E is annoying, but you know wargs are known as freep food in most places so they need something to have a chance of getting a kill. Everyones defense skills took a blow from finesse. since it happened to everyone it is fair, what would be unfair is if only 1 class is immune to the finesse power. a creep can pot a hunter slow every 30 seconds if they actually carry red pots, now I checked hunters have 1 slow on 3 second CD 1 on 1.5 second CD.. and if you stack them the creep pot only takes 1 off and they are still slowed. Counter that with hunter relic they could put on swaps to remove slows nearly every time they want. if there is any unfairness in the slow department the class that is actually ranged has the advantage. CC being resisted hurts everyone. sorry for the wall of text. I didn't bother separating didn't think it would be so long.

    I will make a new section for the most important point. you mentioned being hit for 20-30% of your morale regularly is unfair. well lets just examine this. if you combine ALL of creepside there are 5 skills capable of hitting for 20-30% of a normal freeps morale. VT, revenge, drink deep (very rare) impale, and dev strike. now lets take a mosey over to freepside. since it is too many I will do this class by class (note, some of these hit for vastly more then 30%)
    Hunter-Pen shot, blood arrow, heartseeker. and I believe merciful shot though who really uses that.

    Champ. remorseless, merciful. and if we count hits added together in a skill add in ferocious and brutal.

    Minstrel. coda of fury, call to fate, and call of the 2nd age I have all seen do well over 20%

    Captain. Devastating blow, shadows lament (and on really high dps cappies I even seen like 3400 BOE)

    Burglar. surprise strike, flashing blades

    Warden, wall of steel, wardens triumph, onslaught, combination strike (all assailment)

    Runekeeper (king of this) essence of flame. Epic conclusion, shocking words, essence of storm, essence of winter, sustaining bolt, frozen epilogue, perfect imagery, and on high devs even scribes spark comes close.

    LM march of the ents. lightning storm, burning embers, improved sticky gourd. light of the rising dawn.

    Guardian is about the only freep class I have not seen hit for at least 20% of creeps morale.

    In conclusion.. if 20%+ hits were unfair, and were removed. freeps would suffer a heckuva lot more then creeps.
    This post was largely sarcastic.... obviously it wasnt obvious. (I was suggesting I could complain about all those things in relation to hunter but I dont come on here to do so. It would be nice if people just played and quit whining ) why did you compare my post to all freep classes? did you not read anything prior? the whole point of my post was someone is complaing about a small gear swap that is apparently ruining pvp. Life for hunters has been unfair for a long time yet most dont cry about it.. this game isnt fair, life isnt fair so get over it.. <----- thats the point of my post of which i didnt compain about. I go out and play and deal with it unlike Traihai who has to complain. (plz reread all my posts in this thread.)
    Last edited by therealwhizzy; Jun 23 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    work in progress...

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    Such a e-bully.



    We could stay here talking about how skills are unfair but that'd be too much a hassle, you already proved how clueless you are. Thanks for saving me the trouble



    This is bs you made up.


    Take your goggles off and turn your vitals into % once in a while.

    lolwhat



    This is true, but you're not any good in my book as well.
    sure thing e - whiner.
    work in progress...

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    why did you compare my post to all freep classes? did you not read anything prior? the whole point of my post was someone is complaing about a small gear swap that is apparently ruining pvp. Life for hunters has been unfair for a long time yet most dont cry about it.. this game isnt fair, life isnt fair so get over it.. <----- thats the point of my post. (plz reread all my posts in this thread.)
    First switch to get -1 Focus cost on Pen. Shot + Blood Arrow;

    Second switch to get extra focus generation on Precision stance;

    Third switch to get that Inc. Heal debuff from Merciful shot and finish your target off.

    There is no impact on choosing which set you're going to use if you can just swap them all freely like this, thus having all the benefits w/ no drawbacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    sure thing e - whiner.
    Rather a whiner than a turret, amIrite?
    Last edited by Rashy; Jun 23 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    First switch to get -1 Focus cost on Pen. Shot + Blood Arrow;

    Second switch to get extra focus generation on Precision stance;

    Third switch to get that Inc. Heal debuff from Merciful shot and finish your target off.

    There is no impact on choosing which set you're going to use if you can just swap them all freely like this, thus having all the benefits w/ no drawbacks.



    Rather being a whiner than clueless of what I'm talking about
    Seriously? ... o boy....
    work in progress...

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    This post was largely sarcastic.... obviously it wasnt obvious. (I was suggesting I could complain about all those things in relation to hunter but I dont come on here to do so. It would be nice if people just played and quit whining ) why did you compare my post to all freep classes? did you not read anything prior? the whole point of my post was someone is complaing about a small gear swap that is apparently ruining pvp. Life for hunters has been unfair for a long time yet most dont cry about it.. this game isnt fair, life isnt fair so get over it.. <----- thats the point of my post of which i didnt compain about. I go out and play and deal with it unlike Traihai who has to complain. (plz reread all my posts in this thread.)
    I'm sorry I missed the point of your post Whizzy. I hear that. I also go out and play every day, regardless of the odds I have to fight, no one can contest when it comes to freeps hunters get the really short end of the stick. that is why I respect everyone who plays hunter and isn't a zerg baby. Gear swapping is 1 of the few things to bring hunters up to par with other freep classes so I got no problem with it. sorry I took your post too seriously. write it off to too many people telling me creeps are OP lately :P
    .
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    113
    Gear swapping… Wow now there’s an idea! Quite frankly I couldn’t be bothered.
    I am dead faster than I could change in any case.

    I spend a large proportion of my time solo, and I do somewhere between meh and okish. Certainly nothing to write about or be too proud of.
    For the same reason I don’t waste my money on store pots and items. I am going to die so regularly I would have to spend a fortune to keep stocks up. Very occasionally I gain some via a lottery which is nice.

    I don’t do 1v1s because as a single handed person I find it’s hard enough to drink coffee, type, and operate a mouse in regular combat, much less give Rashy a well deserved wooping at the same time.
    In any case all the above is my choice of play style and I live with it.

    I agree with Rashy’s clip and Whizzy’s comments that in a raid scenario a hunter with heal support can be pretty lethal; however the same can be said for creep raids with the same combinations as they are similarly lethal.

    I am a moors regular and will attempt to poke the “short end of the stick” into any creep I can, given half a chance and a brief period of survivability, solo or in a group.

    With my chosen style of play and class of character I think you can better understand that from my perspective Creeps are indeed comparatively OP.

    Particularly Wargs… Now there’s an OP class if there ever was… and specially Fire. He should have been nurfed at birth or at least had his paws bound. My thighs will never be the same again. I used to be over 6ft before I came to the moors, now I am not much taller than a hobbit thanks to him!

    Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Wargs?
    Last edited by Kethean; Jun 24 2013 at 07:05 AM.


    I threw half cooked marshmallows at the Wargs, but nothing seemed to stop them...

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mostly Middle Earth
    Posts
    792
    What is wrong with people!

    I love the Moors, and regularly go out there for some fun with a few of my kin on the weekend, but....

    I'm sick of hearing from Creeps that Freeps are overpowered.
    I'm sick of hearing from Freeps that Creeps are overpowered.
    I'm getting fed up with people refusing to join your group, or telling you that you're not welcome in their group because your rank isn't high enough.

    Come on people, it's a game and supposed to be fun.


  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the weight room
    Posts
    293

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    I'm sorry I missed the point of your post Whizzy. I hear that. I also go out and play every day, regardless of the odds I have to fight, no one can contest when it comes to freeps hunters get the really short end of the stick. that is why I respect everyone who plays hunter and isn't a zerg baby. Gear swapping is 1 of the few things to bring hunters up to par with other freep classes so I got no problem with it. sorry I took your post too seriously. write it off to too many people telling me creeps are OP lately :P
    ^ this (in bold) is what I like to read. That's how I approach the PvP in this game, it's all fun for me to try and knock down at least 1/2 morale to a creep when I am (always) outnumbered.

    There is no other way to play than 'Honeybadger' style!



    and Fire... ease up on destroying my po-dunk LM.
    Last edited by Determination; Jun 24 2013 at 01:35 PM.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload