We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Maximum unbuffed agility at 85 for hunter?

I have tried to calculate maximum unbuffed (no buff of any kind, no proc from rings/item) agility value for hunter.
    I calculated it by looking at my gear / legacies / racial bonuses / traits and adding what I lack.

If I am correct it is: 3247 agility

Is anybody able to confirm this? Or share their calculations if they suggest otherwise?

lets see...

earring1-162-fornost earring
    earring2-162-fornost earring
    necklace-162 sunbrand neck
    brace1-162-HL brace
    brace2-162-HL brace
    ring1-150-former ring
    ring2-150-former ring
    pocket-162- Hunter token
    mainhand-172-LI
    offhand-150-Sambrog club
    bow-172-LI
    helm-162-t2 set
    shoulders-162-t2 set
    cloak-162-t2 sest
    jacket-162-t2 set
    gloves-162-t2 set
    legs-162-t2 set
    boots-162-t2 set

=2900

72 from virts
    15 from elf race bonus
    80 from rank 8 agil tomes.
    base agil-362

damn thats alot of agility

that translate to about... 45k mastery unbuffed. 46k if you use 2 honourable hunter bangles(id rather HL)
    -28 agil cuz id rather use hunter dagger than sambrog club
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Jun 15 2013 at 08:19 PM.
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center][img]http://bit.ly/1Oq7Mgg[/img][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

Thanks for the detailed list, it got me thinking.
    Please keep in mind we are talking maximum possible agility, not a reasonable build (hence 40 agility relics instead the superior ones are allowed, etc.).

Here are some remarks:

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post

mainhand-172-LI
    bow-172-LI
    37 weapon title Agility of Eldar Days II
    71 legacy of agility maxed (First Age, 3 star-lits)
    27 Red Agate Gem of Dexterity
    35 True Rune of the White Mountains
    40 Emblem of Agility
    ---
    210 total (per weapon)

72 from virts
    48 Determination
    24 Tolerance
    12 Mercy
    ---
    84 Total

base agil-362
    No offence, but this seems way too high. To get base, you would need to be completely naked, all virtues un-equipped, substract agility stat tomes you have, substract racial bonuses.
    I am quite sure this would be considerably lower then, as my other stats like will are 2-digit numbers.
    --
    Edit: it seems to be 112 (calculated by substracting).
    Last edited by hurant; Jun 16 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hurant View Post
    Thanks for the detailed list, it got me thinking.
    Please keep in mind we are talking maximum possible agility, not a reasonable build (hence 40 agility relics instead the superior ones are allowed, etc.).

Here are some remarks:

37 weapon title Agility of Eldar Days II
    71 legacy of agility maxed (First Age, 3 star-lits)
    27 Red Agate Gem of Dexterity
    35 True Rune of the White Mountains
    40 Emblem of Agility
    ---
    210 total (per weapon)

48 Determination
    24 Tolerance
    12 Mercy
    ---
    84 Total

No offence, but this seems way too high. To get base, you would need to be completely naked, all virtues un-equipped, substract agility stat tomes you have, substract racial bonuses.
    I am quite sure this would be considerably lower then, as my other stats like will are 2-digit numbers.
    --
    Edit: it seems to be 112 (calculated by substracting).
    Yup, you are right. I didnt think of the max agil relics. Also forgot mercy(i dont use it) and the subtraction of virtues/stat tomes from base agil.
    Its still.alot of agility though. Even just using true relics you can stack high agil without dropping overall mastery.
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

If that's the max then I have to ask what is normal? I think my dwarf hunter is around 2100 agility. That's with no raid gear. (hard to find time to raid with 9 month old twins)
    Fozorin - Hunter, Badgewick - Cap, Foznoob - Mins, Bozgar - Warden, Fozron - RK, Fozit - Guardian
    All of Firefoot

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBadgewick View Post
    If that's the max then I have to ask what is normal? I think my dwarf hunter is around 2100 agility. That's with no raid gear. (hard to find time to raid with 9 month old twins)
    The only "normal" agility is whatever amount you feel is necessary to do the content you like to do. Same goes for physical mastery and your crit rating, and every other stat. I personally feel like I can't get my agility above 3000 without seriously penalizing other stats. But I don't have the very best end game items either.

Grats on the twins too btw, I'm sure you need more real life agility to handle things on the home front than our pixelated characters will ever need in game!
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Most of the raid geared hunters I know are sitting around 2800-3000 agility. Non raiders vary a lot, so that is harder to say what is normal.

If im not mistaken top hunts back at 75 were rockin 2500+. Though now normal would be 2700-3k+ most raiding hunters prob in the high 2800s atleast by now. Easier to get masteryfrom raw pm after a certttain agil

Hi,

You are going to need a LOT MORE Agi soon trying to keep up with those twins, aim for 10k... Gratz!

I found a screenshot from 11-jan-2013 on my hunter, he was at 2.75k agi then, and this must have been before all the new shinies where around (so hytbold+crafted and some rep-items probably but good LI's).

Since then they took away some agi-bonuses from hytbold-armour, so 2.5k should be a nice number to work against without taking to much time from your family

On the other hand: Your 2.1k is more than enough to kill anything the game throws at you if you rather just want to play than gear up until Helms Deep (where we need to re-gear anyway) Can't speak for others, but i would happily run any 'normal' instance with a 2.1k agi hunter. (Mostly doing 3-mans right now mind you)

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

I suppose you could call me a casual grouper, I've managed to get up to 2700 agility with Hytbold gear and reasonably good relics , plus all teal jewelry and weapon, plus 2 class golds. I think you should find 2600 achievable, in particular theres a lot to be gained from grouping. Not only the drops but the relics and marks mean you can improve via your LI really quite quickly. The LI grind can look intimating but pick a level that you want to get to eg. Great river relics give a better effort:reward ratio than say guilding your crafter for the beat crafted relic. (dont focus on that example - look at the wiki entry decide how many shards is reasonable to you etc)

Doing some quick 6 man's should be possible, fornost might take 10 mins, sambrog I was doing in 6 with certain pugs. Plus the gold you get opens up the AH to buy better jewelry.

Good luck and happy gaming.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

At 85 you should be able to get 2500 without much of an effort. But as previously noted in this thread, don't try being a one-trick pony with gimped Vitality and mits.

I've found a reasonable balance that works for me (see here: http://my.lotro.com/home/character/snowbourn/aedfrith/) of high Agi, good Vit, decent mits and near-cap crit. I have average Morale and not as much raw PMR as some, but I still pull aggro off guards after giving them a head start, and thanks to highish incoming healing can tank what I pull until they fix it

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

^ Very nice! Could you post a screenshot of your build please?
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

At work atm but here's what I remember:

Bling
    Earrings: 2 x Shadowstalker's Stud (150 agi, 75 vit, 384 crit)
    Necklace: Shiny Sunbrand Necklace of Dexterity (162 agi, 463 morale, 1010 crit def)
    Wrists: Agile Ancient HL Bracelet (162 agi, 463 morale, 816 crit), Wristband of the Footpad (113 agi, 75 vit, 75 fate)
    Rings: Mooncandle Huntsman's Ring of Rohan (122 agi, 41 vit, 41 fate, 1236 finesse, 408 PMR, agi proc), either Gwannin (113 Agi, 75 Vit, 384 PMR, 1164 Finesse) or Former Resident's Ring (150 agi, 38 vit, 384 PMR, 1164 Finesse)
    Pocket: Key of the Ancient Barrow (150 agi, 384 crit, 38 fate, crit proc)

Armour
    4 Greater Erebor Bowmaster, 2 Greater Erebor Huntsman (with 2 Hyt Huntsman in my pocket for the alternative 2 GEH, 2 GEB, 2HH build). Have Malledhrim Hunter's Boots too but they don't fit a 4/2 build.
    Drape of the Invading Horde (150 agi, 38 fate, 1164 finesse, 384 crit)

LIs
    Both Agility of Eldar Days II (+37 agi)
    1st Age bow: +focus/induction crit, -focus/induction power, agi, vit, fate
    2nd Age sword: +precision crit, +AOE targets, Beneath Notice CD, Agile Rejoinder heal, Intent Concentration power restore, agi, vit

Relics
    2 x True Settings of the North (330 morale, 646 crit, 1616 inc heal). These are truly wonderful. ALL my non-tank toons (hunter, burg, minnie, cappy, champ) have at least one and often two of these. Agile Rejoinder will tick for 388 and crit for 550.
    1 x True Gem of the Wizard's Vale (90 ICPR, 606 crit, 30 fate)
    1 x True Gem of the Twilight (330 morale, 242 tac mit, 323 crit def)
    1 x True Rune of the White Mountains (35 agi, 646 PMR, -2.5% attack duration)
    1 x True Rune of the Swift-light (296 morale, 276 power, -2.5% attack duration)
    2 x Emblem of Accuracy (30 agi, 640 crit, 640 PMR)

Traits
    5b/2r with Rain of Arrows spam build. Improved Fleetness, Bard's Arrow, Press Onward.

Virtues
    Innocence, Tolerance, Fidelity, Determination, Honour - all at 16. You will notice no Zeal or Valour. These virtues are of negligible value to a hunter, and the raw morale they provide can be got from relics instead.

So there's still room for improvement here on cloak, ring and pocket in particular, but I refuse to pay Snowbourn AH prices for horse-lords and am tired of grinding riddermarks.
    Last edited by Aedfrith; Jun 28 2013 at 05:12 AM.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

here is my little hunter twink.....

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-19883546/j--ger.png.html

I think there is only the golden cloak and maybe a second golden earring missing in that build.
    For PvE that works perfect.