We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Highest DPS on Training Dummy

***RULES***
    • Level 75 training dummy only
    • All clickies allowed
    • Any consumables allowed
    • Only self buffs
    • Any armor switching allowed
    • 60 second and 120 second times
    • Please state how you traited (ex. 5r/2b)

My best so far is 4.3k at 60 seconds traited 5r/2b but I will be doing more attempts tomorrow. Give it your best shot. Varron of Brandywine has stated he can do over 6k DPS 80% of the time and I want to see if anyone can do over 5k consistently. Let the games begin! Max hit was over 20k

Had to crop to avoid cursing in kin chat

Please be honest! No falsified data if you get a parse around the 6k goal mark please enlarge your combat log so we can see you didn't AOE. Also if you do get it once try to get it twice and tell us how many attempts it took.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Jun 05 2013 at 10:13 PM.

You missed a bit with the cropping, good ol' Ati!

Let the Games Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    ***RULES***
    • All clickies allowed
    • Only self buffs

My best so far is 4.3k at 60 seconds traited 5r/2b but I will be doing more attempts tomorrow. Give it your best shot. Varron of Brandywine has stated he can do over 6k DPS 80% of the time and I want to see if anyone can do over 5k consistently. Let the games begin! Max hit was over 20k

Please be honest! No falsified data if you get a parse around the 6k goal mark please enlarge your combat log so we can see you didn't AOE. Also if you do get it once try to get it twice and tell us how many attempts it took.

I don't think you should get this worked out over this. This guy is obviously a huge troll .
    I mean, when you claim you can get +50% dps than any other player out there, you bring something to show for it. A few screenshots would be the strict minimum.

I might give this a try when I have nothing else to do but I don't think I will blow anyone's mind. I had gotten about 4100 dps a month ago over a few tries, but I doubt I would get so much higher than what you got Yelk, as this is obviously a very good parse.

On a different note, I think I read this "6k dps monsterman" talking about double post so I asked around. Apparently, there is something fishy about store focus pots and crafted one not sharing cooldowns ? If true, this could clearly be overpowered (hello Pay To Win...) for 60 second parses...

Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    You missed a bit with the cropping, good ol' Ati!

Let the Games Begin!
    I don't really think this thread is all about ePeen and Yelk didn't start this thread to show off with his numbers. He only questions the validity of a claim that, if we are honest, we all know smells fishy. All Yelk wants to see is if getting close to 6k DPS is even remotely possible, especially since the guy in questions said he could reproduce it 80% of the time and then in another thread testified: "If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing." There is some disparity in saying he could do 6k+ DPS 80% of the time and saying he could probably sustain 4.5-5k DPS over a minute.

I'm usually not often on the same page with Yelk, but this time I'm with him.
    Last edited by Vodomir; Jun 06 2013 at 05:26 AM.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

***RULES***
    • All clickies allowed
    • Only self buffs

I am not sure if a 75 dummies are best way to test DPS sure those 85 have huge mitigations but it's our job to burn the bosses down, leave adds to champs or our RoA. Also boss fight is usually longer, so how about at least 5 mins duration to show capable rotation. Also will be nice if all volunteer attendants post their description how they did it, so whole hunter-community will benefit from it and beat those with stones and axes
    Last edited by Hrisengarmo; Jun 06 2013 at 07:30 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000234ff9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    I don't really think this thread is all about ePeen and Yelk didn't start this thread to show off with his numbers. He only questions the validity of a claim that, if we are honest, we all know smells fishy. All Yelk wants to see is if getting close to 6k DPS is even remotely possible, especially since the guy in questions said he could reproduce it 80% of the time and then in another thread testified: "If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing." There is some disparity in saying he could do 6k+ DPS 80% of the time and saying he could probably sustain 4.5-5k DPS over a minute.

I'm usually not often on the same page with Yelk, but this time I'm with him.
    In Varron's defense, he did imply that the 4.5-5k number (as opposed to the 6-6.2k number he initially posted) was for a parse of 3-5 minutes where the effect of Improved Focus and BH will be diluted. I excerpt the whole quote below:

"No, take the parse to 3-5 minutes where as a hunter will come out on top. If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing."

I do tend to doubt those numbers as well, but I won't completely disbelieve, since Hunters do have more swap gear options that support their immense burst DPS tools (for instance, at least 2 armor sets that enhance BH).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Miretocot View Post
    In Varron's defense, he did imply that the 4.5-5k number (as opposed to the 6-6.2k number he initially posted) was for a parse of 3-5 minutes where the effect of Improved Focus and BH will be diluted. I excerpt the whole quote below:

"No, take the parse to 3-5 minutes where as a hunter will come out on top. If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing."

I do tend to doubt those numbers as well, but I won't completely disbelieve, since Hunters do have more swap gear options that support their immense burst DPS tools (for instance, at least 2 armor sets that enhance BH).
    No, he clearly said "... I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute ..."
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Traited 5b2r (not 5r2b as I suck at Cool Burn); LG clicky, Burn Hot ect used (don't have Baingrist). No other consumable other than oil, chant and crafted focus pot. That's the highest I got after quite a few tries.

Done on the Stangard dummy. No AoE as there is only one dummy (other two shown in the screenshot are in fact no real dummies - can't be targeted or attacked).

Basicly I myself just cannot see the fantastic 6k 1 min DPS number possible even with store focus pot (unless it has no CD or only 20-ish sec as the store morale/power pots), not to mention those 3-5 min 4.5k-5k parses (my own 5k power pool went almost empty in 1 min with 1k ICPR. So I'm very curious about how another hunter could have enough power for a 3-5min parse while maintaining above 4.5k DPS, if he does this without a LM friend).
    Last edited by Farasilion; Jun 06 2013 at 07:59 AM.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post

Traited 5b2r (not 5r2b as I suck at Cool Burn); LG clicky, Burn Hot ect used (don't have Baingrist). No other consumable other than oil, chant and crafted focus pot. That's the highest I got after quite a few tries.

Done on the Stangard dummy. No AoE as there is only one dummy (other two shown in the screenshot are in fact no real dummies - can't be targeted or attacked).

Basicly I myself just cannot see the fantastic 6k 1 min DPS number possible even with store focus pot (unless it has no CD or only 20-ish sec as the store morale/power pots), not to mention those 3-5 min 4.5k-5k parses (my own 5k power pool went almost empty in 1 min with 1k ICPR. So I'm very curious about how another hunter could have enough power for a 3-5min parse while maintaining above 4.5k DPS, if he does this without a LM friend).
    Very impressive fleetness parse. Especially without Baingrist. As for this store stuff I haven't attempted it as I'm not going to throw real money but does anyone know the cd on store focus pots? Apparently the devs stack, but even then as you say would just a dev potion boost you by 2k DPS? It seems a bit much. One thing I do know about the store pots is the dev stacks so instead of just 35 it would be more like 60% dev just from the pots. If you got lucky during this time period I could see an extra 50k damage thrown around but still not 2k morale.

As I said I don't think 6k is possible, but if it is I don't see how he could have gotten it 80% of the time. I mean that's almost every time.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Jun 06 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    I am not sure if a 75 dummies are best way to test DPS sure those 85 have huge mitigations but it's our job to burn the bosses down, leave adds to champs or our RoA. Also boss fight is usually longer, so how about at least 5 mins duration to show capable rotation. Also will be nice if all volunteer attendants post their description how they did it, so whole hunter-community will benefit from it and beat those with stones and axes
    Yes, sorry I should have clarified I was looking for some help from the hunter community to see if 6k was possible and also for me to see if there are ways I can improve my own gaming. Claims of much higher parses than what I could do are out there so I wanted to see what other hunters could do and then we could discuss what traits and skills were used as I obviously can't assume I do the highest DPS. I've already been impressed by Faras Fleetness one.

I realize all clickies and 75 dummy and 60 seconds are all not good ways of talking about sustained DPS, but despite that 60 seconds is still long enough that we can compare DPS strategies and how using all of our CD's and clickies compare to other classes in that amount of time such as champs.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Jun 06 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Very impressive fleetness parse. Especially without Baingrist. As for this store stuff I haven't attempted it as I'm not going to throw real money but does anyone know the cd on store focus pots? Apparently the devs stack, but even then as you say would just a dev potion boost you by 2k DPS? It seems a bit much.

As I said I don't think 6k is possible, but if it is I don't see how he could have gotten it 80% of the time. I mean that's almost every time.

Since I have a bunch (over 4k) TP I have no use for, I bought a few store focus pots to give it a shot. The answear is yes, if you use a crafter focus pot, you can use a store focus pot before the crafted one comes off cooldown. Completely stupid if you ask me :/.

I am also impressed that you can reach such a high number with Fleetness. Your HS being still on cooldown, I supposed you were wearing 4 Greater Erebor Bowmaster and 2 Greater Erebor Huntsman ? I might give this build another shot

I took half an hour to parse against the lvl 75 dummy, and could not reach higher than 4.7k dps. I'll make another post with screenshots of the parses, gear, traits and explain what clickies I used etc...
    (Don't freak out, it is worth nothing since it is absolutely not reproductible in a "real" fight situation.)

I suppose it could be possible to reach 5k with a lot of luck (I averaged at 4k3), but no chance to either sustain this for "3-5min" or even reach 6k for 60seconds.

Very impressive fleetness parse. Especially without Baingrist. As for this store stuff I haven't attempted it as I'm not going to throw real money but does anyone know the cd on store focus pots? Apparently the devs stack, but even then as you say would just a dev potion boost you by 2k DPS? It seems a bit much. One thing I do know about the store pots is the dev stacks so instead of just 35 it would be more like 60% dev just from the pots. If you got lucky during this time period I could see an extra 50k damage thrown around but still not 2k morale.
    Yeah, Farasilion's DPS is out-of-this-world. For the record, she's the only person (Hunter or Champion or whatever class) on my server whom I've seen out-DPS me in a fight of approximately 1 minute or more in the same run and same conditions (e.g. either both had Blade Brother or neither had it).

I think he mentioned using the 75 BH enhancing armor-set as a swap to supplement the Greater Erebor counterpart for the duration of BH. How much does that add? I don't even know that one, as I hardly Raided with Hunter in RoI.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post

I took half an hour to parse against the lvl 75 dummy, and could not reach higher than 4.7k dps. I'll make another post with screenshots of the parses, gear, traits and explain what clickies I used etc...
    (Don't freak out, it is worth nothing since it is absolutely not reproductible in a "real" fight situation.)

I suppose it could be possible to reach 5k with a lot of luck (I averaged at 4k3), but no chance to either sustain this for "3-5min" or even reach 6k for 60seconds.
    Screenshot? (And I of course believe you; I'd believe you if you said 5k. I just want to see how the CA 2nd window data break down.)

Also, if you are averaging at 4.3k, it shows that even on a 75 dummy--which dramatically favors Champions--Hunters can do more, since I average around 4.1-4.2k. (But again, my point was NOT that Champions do more sustained DPS than Hunters, but merely that the initial 10 second gap is dramatically closed once you reach the 1 minute mark.)

Edit: Also, could you post a 10-second screenshot? Your best one?

One more thing:

Before that other thread got derailed, I was going to discuss the effect of group buffs on both Champion and Hunter DPS. I have yet to parse, but my hypothesis is that on a 75 dummy, a Champion buffed solely with Blade Brother and other Captain buffs will clearly do more than a Hunter for a minute more; and possibly also on a 85 dummy (though I am more hesitant of this one). I only want to look at Captain buffs, as you don't customarily have Burglars and LMs in a normal 6-man instance group (and I suspect the gap widens in favor of Champions with those sundry other group buffs), and adding more classes for dummy parse may be difficult for every one (e.g. not everyone has a patient Captain, LM, and Burglar friends).

So can we see top Hunter parses with Captain buffs? I will ask a Captain friend to do it soon, and since I have a Captain, I can simply support Farasilion's parses with that toon.

(Also would like to see in particular the second CA window with Attack # difference; I suspect I will go 240 or more attacks with Captain AD buffs, though a lot of my so-called "attacks" are dots/procs that are quite variable.)
    Last edited by Miretocot; Jun 06 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Screenshot? (And I of course believe you; I'd believe you if you said 5k. I just want to see how the CA 2nd window data break down.)
    I know you think rather highly of me, even though it did not stop you from butchering my toon's name countless times on your new thread ^^. But I said I'd post screenshots and details, don't be so hasty !

So here goes !

I'll start with my gear. Note that for this I traited 5r/2b with Cool Burn, wherease I am used to play 4r/3b. In a raid, I would slot the gold Hunter bracelet instead of the Anuminas teal one as I would have (more than) enough crit to be at cap, while it is not the case here without captain's buffs.

My gear :

As the screenshot shows, I maccro-swap my bow and 2 pieces of the draigoch armour set for the instant HeartSeeker, and I try to maccro-swap 4 Hytbold pieces for the Swift Bow cooldown reduction (but the connection to Sirannon being what it is from France, it does not always work as the timing is pretty tight).
    I also maccro-swap for Burn Hot : bow (legacy) and Malhedrim boots. As far as I know, the BH bonus from the Orthanc armour does not stack with the bonus from the Erebor armour.

Basically, I'd consider my gear perfect if I could get my hands on a Horse Lord's bracelet (to replace the Wildermore rep. one) and another earring grom Fornost Fire Wing (or a gold, but after close to 200+ Fornost runs...)

Now, for the parses. I used a Cool Burn build (5r/2b), 4 GE for Heart Seeker proc and 2 Hytbold for -10% induction time. I used Baingrist, fire oils and breach finders, mastery scrolls (craft), +64 agility trail fodd, +5% damage buff from lootboxes and hope token.
    I did not use (Strength Stance) Hunter's Art before pulling as what I do is quite fastidious enough (see below). I did not use the LG clicky, as it did not even cross my mind ^^.

The couple of things setting my parses 'appart' :

- Used of both crafted and store focus pots. As I said above, I tried it, and here is what happens : when you use a crafted focus pot, you cannot immediatly use the store one. But (who knows why) after 5-10sec, the store one becomes available wich means you can get another instant +6 focus, and the devastate bonus on top of the first one. Pretty sure this is not working as intended... It's a shame that this is even possible.

- Immediatly after I use Baingrist and just before I attack, I am wearing 2 erebor huntsman pieces and use Fleetness. Then I (maccro swap included) use Burn Hot and swap back to HS armour, (out of combat) Focus and then I engage (not with Heart Seeker). That means that for 7-9seconds, you get to spam Penetrating Shot/Blood Arrow as if 5b traited, envoying the damages of a 5r setup. Totally crazy, and not viable in a raid as to make it efficient, you need to "waste" 6 focus on Fleetbess and use an out of combat to recover it before engaging.

Now, the screenshots :

This is the best one I got :

Sorry you don't see the list of skills here, some stupid attack re-activated the dummy right after the ~1min reset and the result was not good, so being a little angry at myself I did not screenshot it ^^. However, I used the same rotation than in all those parses, and the skill breakdown is visible for some of them :

This is one of the lowest I got :

Here are a few more, ranging from 4k2 to 4k5 :
    4,278 dps
    4,479 dps
    4,406 dps, with skill list

Also, if you are averaging at 4.3k, it shows that even on a 75 dummy--which dramatically favors Champions--Hunters can do more, since I average around 4.1-4.2k. (But again, my point was NOT that Champions do more sustained DPS than Hunters, but merely that the initial 10 second gap is dramatically closed once you reach the 1 minute mark.)
    I would not be so sure. The things I used for this are not viable in a raid if you have to do steady dps for more than a minute as it requires out of combat buffs. Since the only thing left right now is FtLM Challenge, it is just pointless (hell, it is pointless for any of the last raids challenges...). The buffs champions use are much easier to use "at will" than ours (you can maccro-swap the Controlled Burn pvmp set anytime if you are lucky enough to have it).
    When I go with my normal setup and rotation against the same dummy, using no CDs (no BH, no focus pots), I can get anywhere from 3k to 3k7. Definitely less than what you seem to be able to achieve !

Edit: Also, could you post a 10-second screenshot? Your best one?
    I have not done those yet. But I guess if you open with HeartSeeker you could get somewhere between 8 and 10k for 13-14sec (aproximate time for the 1st reset). I'll give it a shot.

To sum up, 6k was definitely a huge troll. That post actually was one of the reasons I stopped writing on this thread (concerning Hunter dummy parses) : trolls pretending to parse 6k dps for 1min 80% of the time, or "getting bored and stopping at 2min and 4k dps"...
    Last edited by Gabli; Jun 06 2013 at 07:23 PM.

I know you think rather highly of me, even though it did not stop you from butchering my toon's name countless times on your new thread ^^. But I said I'd post screenshots and details, don't be so hasty !

So here goes !

I'll start with my gear. Note that for this I traited 5r/2b with Cool Burn, wherease I am used to play 4r/3b. In a raid, I would slot the gold Hunter bracelet instead of the Anuminas teal one as I would have (more than) enough crit to be at cap, while it is not the case here without captain's buffs.

My gear :

As the screenshot shows, I maccro-swap my bow and 2 pieces of the draigoch armour set for the instant HeartSeeker, and I try to maccro-swap 4 Hytbold pieces for the Swift Bow cooldown reduction (but the connection to Sirannon being what it is from France, it does not always work as the timing is pretty tight).
    I also maccro-swap for Burn Hot : bow (legacy) and Malhedrim boots. As far as I know, the BH bonus from the Orthanc armour does not stack with the bonus from the Erebor armour.

Basically, I'd consider my gear perfect if I could get my hands on a Horse Lord's bracelet (to replace the Wildermore rep. one) and another earring grom Fornost Fire Wing (or a gold, but after close to 200+ Fornost runs...)

Now, for the parses. I used a Cool Burn build (5r/2b), 4 GE for Heart Seeker proc and 2 Hytbold for -10% induction time. I used Baingrist, fire oils and breach finders, mastery scrolls (craft), +64 agility trail fodd, +5% damage buff from lootboxes and hope token.
    I did not use (Strength Stance) Hunter's Art before pulling as what I do is quite fastidious enough (see below). I did not use the LG clicky, as it did not even cross my mind ^^.

The couple of things setting my parses 'appart' :

- Used of both crafted and store focus pots. As I said above, I tried it, and here is what happens : when you use a crafted focus pot, you cannot immediatly use the store one. But (who knows why) after 5-10sec, the store one becomes available wich means you can get another instant +6 focus, and the devastate bonus on top of the first one. Pretty sure this is not working as intended... It's a shame that this is even possible.

- Immediatly after I use Baingrist and just before I attack, I am wearing 2 erebor huntsman pieces and use Fleetness. Then I (maccro swap included) use Burn Hot and swap back to HS armour, (out of combat) Focus and then I engage (not with Heart Seeker). That means that for 7-9seconds, you get to spam Penetrating Shot/Blood Arrow as if 5b traited, envoying the damages of a 5r setup. Totally crazy, and not viable in a raid as to make it efficient, you need to "waste" 6 focus on Fleetbess and use an out of combat to recover it before engaging.

Now, the screenshots :

This is the best one I got :

Sorry you don't see the list of skills here, some stupid attack re-activated the dummy right after the ~1min reset and the result was not good, so being a little angry at myself I did not screenshot it ^^. However, I used the same rotation than in all those parses, and the skill breakdown is visible for some of them :

This is one of the lowest I got :

Here are a few more, ranging from 4k2 to 4k5 :
    4,278 dps
    4,479 dps
    4,406 dps, with skill list

I would not be so sure. The things I used for this are not viable in a raid if you have to do steady dps for more than a minute as it requires out of combat buffs. Since the only thing left right now is FtLM Challenge, it is just pointless (hell, it is pointless for any of the last raids challenges...). The buffs champions use are much easier to use "at will" than ours (you can maccro-swap the Controlled Burn pvmp set anytime if you are lucky enough to have it).
    When I go with my normal setup and rotation against the same dummy, using no CDs (no BH, no focus pots), I can get anywhere from 3k to 3k7. Definitely less than what you seem to be able to achieve !

I have not done those yet. But I guess if you open with HeartSeeker you could get somewhere between 8 and 10k for 13-14sec (aproximate time for the 1st reset). I'll give it a shot.

To sum up, 6k was definitely a huge troll. That post actually was one of the reasons I stopped writing on this thread (concerning Hunter dummy parses) : trolls pretending to parse 6k dps for 1min 80% of the time, or "getting bored and stopping at 2min and 4k dps"...
    I have a macro for the HS 10% bonus but didn't use it. I also used the fleetness swap but used HS to start. Very impressive parses.

2 things: The Orthanc set does not stack with the Erebor for burnhot, I tried that the second I got it Also the store pot has a 1 min cd, 28% dev magn and can be used shortly after the regular crafted pot (I tried 5 parses with them and it affected my DPS to 4.4k maybe from 4.3k so nothing notable enough to 6k, as already stated I can see 5k being possible if you are seriously lucky but beyond that...

Thanks for the info.

I am also impressed that you can reach such a high number with Fleetness. Your HS being still on cooldown, I supposed you were wearing 4 Greater Erebor Bowmaster and 2 Greater Erebor Huntsman ? I might give this build another shot
    Yup I'm normally going 2 Greater Huntsman 4 Greater Bowmaster (shoulder and chest being Huntsman while others Bowmaster, to gain the highest PM then vit this armour setup allows) as the necklace + ring/cloak and espeacially HS proc are related to (focus) attacking speed

Didn't even think of Stregth stance Hunter's Art buff myself, might give it a try when I can get somewhat decent connection.

Have a macro for +10% HS but didn't use as I was having around 350ms latency and 1.8% loss, that made it completely a mess. Was wondering why my HS did not proc even once after hitting the dummy for 3min then found out the marco left me with 3 Bowmaster before disabling it lol. Other than the unsuccessful HS marco attempt, only manually LG clicky + BH bow swap used (again don't have the boots pfft). Started with HS on CD (so I wouldn't miss the very first proc), and Blood Arrow + PS spam.

Very impressive parses
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

My apologies--but, but, I only missed a letter; I'd hardly call that "butchering"!

Wait, let me get this correctly: You get 63 percent Dev multiplier if you use the two Focus pots in succession? Wow.

But wouldn't it be better for your parse if you can space out the pots so one buff begins after the other one ends anyways?

Ok, so as I suspected: Champions seem to do more on 75 dummies, especially considering I used no consumable other than Fervour pot and one time accidentally clicking on Might food instead of regen food (they are next to each other on my UI). But I will parse with the stuff you listed and see what I get as well: There is no reason not to, since they are available to a player at all times even when solo, and I tend to use them even in face-roll Raids.

Also, I did a few Captain buff parses tonight with kin Captain. The results were fairly disappointing, though there were extenuating circumstances. We did 4 parses, and they were averaged out to 5300, which is much lower than what I expected. But I think we need to do these again, as he had to log early, and I went through with fail starts where I normally would have discontinued (two of the four parses I forgot to re-equip my weapon, didn't realize until I saw really low CA numbers and switched out around at 5-10 seconds). OB coordination was also bad, we were not on voice, and he threw it down before I was even ready to attack on one occasion. Overall, the total gain was less than 30 percent of my non-buffed DPS. I'd like to see how Hunters do, but frankly you'd likely need a huge sample to compare how Captain buffs comparatively benefit the two classes. I have screenshots, but these numbers seem abnormally low so I want to get more samples--and get them in a less hurried manner where I don't have to go through if I completely botched the opening.

10k for 13 seconds? I know you are speculating, but that seems like a Varron-like claim! Do it, do it!

Ok, I suspected, but wasn't sure because I am not a good Hunter.

Yeah the first 10-13 seconds as he stated you can pull a rediculous number, especailly if you AOE. If I trait CB start with a HS, blood arrow and use ROA/ROT all with the focus buff and another roa, penshot, penshot blood arrow insta HS etc you can pull an absolutely rediculous dps short parse. Without AOE I'll have to test

Yeah the first 10-13 seconds as he stated you can pull a rediculous number, especailly if you AOE. If I trait CB start with a HS, blood arrow and use ROA/ROT all with the focus buff and another roa, penshot, penshot blood arrow insta HS etc you can pull an absolutely rediculous dps short parse. Without AOE I'll have to test
    Yelk,

Still waiting to see 10-second parse numbers from you, as well as Gabrediel (I guess Farasilion's numbers are less relevant, since she doesn't build for burst).

For full disclosure purposes, here are my numbers (and, of course, I am not an elite Hunter, and I would not mind tips on getting better):

My newb build:

60 second parse (not very good but very laggy--but even without lag, I am not going to be approaching the numbers I see here even remotely):

Best 10 second parse was the same parse but I didn't screenshot it since I was doing a full 60 second count (was 7k again at 10 second). So the next best 10 second parse:

Also, I posted new Champion and Hunter parses on 85 Snowbourn dummies on that Hunter v. Champion DPS mechanics thread--as well as a lot of clarifications of what I was trying to do. If you really wanted a "productive" discussion, perhaps this version will be more fruitful, as my 85 DPS parses do not contain anything that threaten Hunter parses, so we can actually talk about the burst gap which was what I wanted to talk about all along.

Finally, would like to see similar 85 parses as well from the esteemed Hunters here. And again, I am really more interested in 10 second parses.
    Last edited by Miretocot; Jun 22 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Yelk,

Still waiting to see 10-second parse numbers from you, as well as Gabrediel (I guess Farasilion's numbers are less relevant, since she doesn't build for burst).
    Arg, you want me waste a bunch of consummables I have no use for since we have too few players motivated to raid ? Ok I guess I'll give it a try someday !

For full disclosure purposes, here are my numbers (and, of course, I am not an elite Hunter, and I would not mind tips on getting better):

My newb build:

I see you have been lucky enough to get your hands on the gold cloak. I'd suggest getting rid of your critical rating proc Rohan Ring, as the cloak is enough to keep the critical rating boost up all of the time. The best dps options are the ring from the Dungeons or the one from the skirmish raids (Conflict Resolution).

I am unsure about your armour set choice. Is it 4 huntsman (Erebor) and 2 bowmaster (Erebor) like Farasillion ? If so, she proved it to be more than viable for "sustained" dps, but for a 5red burn hot build I would not recommend it. Yet who cares, as this build is only usefull for dummy parses (although I did use it in Barad Guldur 85).

Also, I personnaly like the Swift Mercy trait a lot, but it is useless for dummy tests.

Can't help you concerning your skill rotation, as you gave no information about what you do (and I'm not sure it is this thread's purpose)

Best 10 second parse was the same parse but I didn't screenshot it since I was doing a full 60 second count (was 7k again at 10 second). So the next best 10 second parse:

10sec parses will (much more than 60sec ones) obviously very dependant on critical hit luck but 6-7k is rather easily attainable with Cool Burn traited and out of combat Focus buff. For 10sec parses with no other purpose than scoring the highest you can, I'd probably go as far as advising Strength Stance...

Also, I posted new Champion and Hunter parses on 85 Snowbourn dummies on that Hunter v. Champion DPS mechanics thread--as well as a lot of clarifications of what I was trying to do. If you really wanted a "productive" discussion, perhaps this version will be more fruitful, as my 85 DPS parses do not contain anything that threaten Hunter parses, so we can actually talk about the burst gap which was what I wanted to talk about all along.

Finally, would like to see similar 85 parses as well from the esteemed Hunters here. And again, I am really more interested in 10 second parses.
    Same as above, I'll try to find the motivation to do these one of these days !

Arg, you want me waste a bunch of consummables I have no use for since we have too few players motivated to raid ? Ok I guess I'll give it a try someday !
    It's not like there's much else to do--unless you PvP (do you?)!

I see you have been lucky enough to get your hands on the gold cloak. I'd suggest getting rid of your critical rating proc Rohan Ring, as the cloak is enough to keep the critical rating boost up all of the time. The best dps options are the ring from the Dungeons or the one from the skirmish raids (Conflict Resolution).
    Ah, thanks. I didn't even look at the stats on the Cloak carefully, LOL!

Unfortunately, however, I threw my Dungeons rings away, and I don't think it's possible I can ever get anyone to do either Dungeons or Skirmish Raids

I am unsure about your armour set choice. Is it 4 huntsman (Erebor) and 2 bowmaster (Erebor) like Farasillion ? If so, she proved it to be more than viable for "sustained" dps, but for a 5red burn hot build I would not recommend it. Yet who cares, as this build is only usefull for dummy parses (although I did use it in Barad Guldur 85).
    I don't use the same combination: She uses the HS proc one, and I use the Mitigation de-buff one, as I cannot keep up with the HS procs to utilize them in a timely manner.

Can't help you concerning your skill rotation, as you gave no information about what you do (and I'm not sure it is this thread's purpose)
    Well, for one, do you ever use Swift Bow except at the start (instead of HS)? Some Raiding Hunters in our server basically never seem to use it and instead try to fill the Focus gap with Quick Shots.

10sec parses will (much more than 60sec ones) obviously very dependant on critical hit luck but 6-7k is rather easily attainable with Cool Burn traited and out of combat Focus buff. For 10sec parses with no other purpose than scoring the highest you can, I'd probably go as far as advising Strength Stance...
    I basically passed 6k on every other try, it seems. So it doesn't even really depend on Crit luck. I didn't do Strength stance but I did use the Strength's stance Hunter's Art (or whatever it's called) buff and then switch to Precision stance trick (except when I forgot to).

Same as above, I'll try to find the motivation to do these one of these days !
    Sure; we all know you are just waiting till you accumulate enough store Focus pots!

My parses

I don't think its possible to get 6k dps at all. I tried few times only getting from 3.9k to 4.4k. Traited 5r/2b, no clickies, fire oil, breach finder, mastery scroll, hope token, 5% dmg from store, focus pot both store and crafted, and 83 agi trail food.

as for the 10s parses:
    traited 5r/2b this parse was without a store focus pot

~~ Nelglor ~ The Determined ~~
    Last edited by sithnick; Jun 24 2013 at 11:49 PM.

See turbine these folks are hurting for endgame content
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR="#FFD700"][SIZE=3]Holder of a Golden Ticket[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] (lifetime acct)

More Parses

Traited 5r/2b, no clickies, focus pot both store and crafted, fire oil, breach finder bow-cant, mastery scroll, hope token, 5% dmg from store, and 83 agi food
    Note: these are all from a 120s parse just screen shoted at the right time.

10s

60s

120s

~~ Nelglor ~ The Determined ~~
    Last edited by sithnick; Jun 24 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast