We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best Virtues and Traits for a Soloing Minstrel

I think the title pretty much explains it. What are some good virtues and traits to be using as a mainly Soloing Minstrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambarond View Post
    I think the title pretty much explains it. What are some good virtues and traits to be using as a mainly Soloing Minstrel?
    Traits :
    I assume you will stay in war-speech mostly. It depends on your level what is best-my other levelling minstrel had 2 reds and 1 blue traited for the morale while levelling for quite a while. I can't remember them all by name but i always had the ones that did plus stun in the reds "unrelenting", and "battle hymn" for the aoe, and plus anthem duration "strength of voice" in the yellows. And as I said, the plus morale one in the blues for soloing while levelling. (Some people swear by 'focused performance' because it helps prevent your bolster courage and other inductions from being as easily interrupted. What I think varies, LOL.)

Virtues
    I tend to only worry about particular virtues for specific group content or if I'm low on a stat while levelling. I focused on key stats - plus will, vitality, fate, tactical mitigations, and resistance virtues when levelling but swapped them around a bit. I'd tend to slot what was highest and vaguely useful. For example, wisdom, loyalty and empathy always come fairly easily to my characters, so they get slotted early

But I now focus on mitigations and resistances because the gear and jewelery buff the other stats so much; these give more 'bang for your buck' than raw stats at cap.

Sorry the answer is vague, the simple answer is 'it often depends on what you need at the time'

On mini-maxing gear and the best stats at 85 cap try this thread :P
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...50-Mini-Maxing

Otherwise there is some good discussion here-don't be misled by the title, it wanders into traits and virtues as well and is up to date:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...15#post6739815
    Last edited by Calta; Jun 18 2013 at 11:09 AM.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

I can't remember the names as well but for soloing I find any trait that helps an anthem to be useless since I literally use coda as much as possible. I generally solo in warspeech. I take the one blue trait that makes raise the spirit almost instant cast with no cooldown. The rest I go red. I love the trait that reduces the resist of monsters for my crys/calls. They get resisted so much since I usually fight orange to level faster. The piercing cry one is a must. The rest I just get red.

As far as virtues go it really doesn't matter. I like to max my morale as much as possible with them, followed by fate, followed by tact. mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizunas View Post
    I can't remember the names as well but for soloing I find any trait that helps an anthem to be useless since I literally use coda as much as possible. I generally solo in warspeech. I take the one blue trait that makes raise the spirit almost instant cast with no cooldown. The rest I go red. I love the trait that reduces the resist of monsters for my crys/calls. They get resisted so much since I usually fight orange to level faster. The piercing cry one is a must. The rest I just get red.

As far as virtues go it really doesn't matter. I like to max my morale as much as possible with them, followed by fate, followed by tact. mitigation.
    Yes, I agree. Thanks for clarification. The raise the spirit one is one i use a lot in soloing, too-although getting morale pool up mattered more until my new minstrel got to 50, due to quest gear stats favouring a massive power pool. The instant Raise is always slotted for me. I thought i'd mentioned it but it was late and must have edited it out when trying to remember the names. ./facepalm

On the anthem duration-I use anthems soloing for the buffs rather than spamming the codas-it's probably just an old habit. And it's less to retrait when swapping to heal groups

I agree about the reducing resist to cries trait especially for higher level mobs.
    Last edited by Calta; Jun 18 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]