We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I'm curious; who in this whole topic suggested this other than you?
    *points to the title of the topic "Always level LIs to 60"*

Um, by the looks of things it was the OP!

question

so i read thru all the posts in this thread and i am curious about something, i have a mini that i am working on at the moment,his third age legendary is at 41 i believe,once i have reached 60 and if i decide to deconstruct which i will since a kin mate gave me a second age legendary weapon, when i get to that one is it better to just go ahead and deconstruct it at 51?
    If you are going to be bad, be bad with purpose, otherwise your just not worth Forgiving

Damon Salvatore

Don't worry too much about this stuff while levelling. Lower-(equip)level LIs don't yield hier-tier relics on decon, and you don't get that much IXP for trash LIs either, so for levelling I'd probably not equip all LI slots and simply decon whenever you need a free LI slot (maybe wait for a x1 level).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Don't worry too much about this stuff while levelling. Lower-(equip)level LIs don't yield hier-tier relics on decon, and you don't get that much IXP for trash LIs either, so for levelling I'd probably not equip all LI slots and simply decon whenever you need a free LI slot (maybe wait for a x1 level).
    To expand on this a little: The relic and IXP returns the OP sites are for LI's of use-level 76 and above. And at that level, I agree with the stated conclusion. Below this, the relic and IXP returns are lower. I have not done a significant study, but I recently had a level 53 alt with 5 use-level 51-53 LI's that I took to level 60. The IXP returns ranged from 251k to 569k and the relics returned were tier 3's and 4's. So I consider the optimum decon level much less certain at these lower levels. I think if I didn't need legacies (which would obviously mean going to level 31), and had a sufficient supply of LI's, I'd probably drop to deconning at level 11 to maximize the relic/IXP return.
    Thiranigor (CPT) - Alyshia (CHN) - Thangoril (RK) - Menthol (GRD) - Eccentrica (MIN) - Ederoth (HNT)
    Gladden - Shadows of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLilyAllen View Post
    *points to the title of the topic "Always level LIs to 60"*

Um, by the looks of things it was the OP!
    Ha ha. OK you got me there!

But really, that's more than a little tenuous compared to your outburst on it.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    But really, that's more than a little tenuous compared to your outburst on it.
    Shhh ... don't tell anyone but I've been known to shout across a crowded room at a posh do "you're still wearing your bedroom slippers" - so all I can do is apologise if my comments sound like outbursts - that's the way I am!

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHappy View Post
    ... I think if I didn't need legacies (which would obviously mean going to level 31), and had a sufficient supply of LI's, I'd probably drop to deconning at level 11 to maximize the relic/IXP return.
    Thank you SO much That is exactly the kind of opinion that is helpful to us poor souls who are struggling through the levels (I admit I enjoy the struggle!). Please give us more of this kind of thing

It's nice to find all this info on LIs here, especially on deconstructing them, which I was sorely needing--and in a nice, concise place!

I don't read the guides--I find that the ones on this site are a pain and so is digging through them to find the info you want--I play this game in the evenings after work as a de-stresser; I don't have the patience by that point to scroll endlessly through a pile of web pages trying to find one small detail of information--I usually wind up with information overload and confused and with a headache!

I just recently started figuring out the whole LI thing period, how melding works, how to get the higher level relics, and why on earth you'd want to have 6 LIs slotted when you can only use 2 at a time in the first place. My highest toon on any server is 63, and I only just recently got my crafting toons high enough in the guilds to start making legendary weapons, so all this is very new to me. My problem at this point is that shards are a premium right now--I'm having a hard time collecting enough to do what I want, and when I see what it takes to make a scroll--yikes!

Also, maybe I'm in the minority or just a complete, hopeless loser, but I don't have 1 single toon that I focus all my attention on; I've got at least one of every class and in every crafting guild, and while some of those were admittedly created solely for the purpose of crafting and I don't intend to move them out of the Shire, Rivendell, etc., I do intend to play with several of them. That means that gold and shards become a premium when you are outfitting several toons at once! (as do marks and medallions, especially since I am a solo player pretty exclusively, and to get those drops needed for later quests, I have to use marks to purchase them, and grinding endlessly through the skirmishes can be such a pain!)

Quote Originally Posted by AllySanders View Post
    My problem at this point is that shards are a premium right now--I'm having a hard time collecting enough to do what I want, and when I see what it takes to make a scroll--yikes!
    I know this is slightly off-topic given the title of this thread, but I hope I will be forgiven!

There are two type of legendary shard. Those that are used to craft new LIs, which appear in the inventory and can be sold on the AH etc., and those that are used when you interact with the Relic Master for example (e.g. to buy scrolls) - these latter ones appear in your wallet (and cannot be sold). One of the things a Relic Master does is "refine" relics which basically exchanges them for these special types of shard. I have a feeling that you may be referring to these latter ones but please forgive me if I've misconstrued!

A cheap way to produce these is to use your crafting skills at Supreme level with a Guild recipe (from the Legendary Guild Vendor) for Crafted Relics. These can be exchanged with the Guild leader for a Sealed thingummy which can be given to a toon with LIs. When these Sealed thingummies are deconned by a Forge Master they produce a crafted relic which can be refined into shards (when you've got any they are the last item on the "refine" drop-down list iirc).

A member of the cook's guild can craft a Feast of Ethuilwereth (I hope I've spelt it correctly!) using cheap vendor-bought and farmer-produced ingredients once per day, and if you do it every day you can it's surprising how many of these special legendary shards you can end up with - I'm like you with many toons of different classes and guilds and my maximum level is not much higher than yours, but I've got well over 50,000 of these shards mainly from this crafting process.

Hope this helps

Crafting for shards: I highly recommend keeping track of your timers and crafting relics every chance you get as these convert into good quantities of shards over time.

Leveling LI Weapons vs. Bridles:
    I’ve spent the last couple of years focusing on leveling and deconstructing weapons, the thought occurred to me however that perhaps I should start focusing on bridles. I have a great supply of high level relics for my weapon/item but not a good supply of mounted relics.
    [IMG]http://www.jerrywagoner.com/galrin_pal2.png[/IMG]
    [B] Level 100 Lore-Master[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by webrender View Post
    Leveling LI Weapons vs. Bridles:[/B] I’ve spent the last couple of years focusing on leveling and deconstructing weapons, the thought occurred to me however that perhaps I should start focusing on bridles. I have a great supply of high level relics for my weapon/item but not a good supply of mounted relics.
    I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but deconstructing bridles does not yield mounted relics.

SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

Thanks, IloveLilyAllen and Webrender! I'll keep that in mind and try that! (especially as my main toon is at 63 and almost ready for a 65 item and I need a relic removal scroll and would find it nice not to have to use TP for it )

I need a relic removal scroll
    Oh dearie, dearie me I checked with a friendly(-ish) Relic-master in Enedwaith and the scrolls on offer were various strengths of Delving; Renewal; and Empowerment - the robbers appear to have run off with all the relic removal ones I'm afraid, unless you can find another Relic-master who stores scrolls in a thief-proof container you'll be out of luck.

On the positive side I guess that most relics you are likely to remove your character will not be any the worse off without - in fact the improvements a higher-level LI gives will almost certainly outweigh anything I can think of. Instead you may well need those shards to create the "perfect" Settings; Gems; and Runes for your new level 65 LI. That is where I spend all my shards anyway!

Thanks, IloveLilyAllen and Webrender! I'll keep that in mind and try that! (especially as my main toon is at 63 and almost ready for a 65 item and I need a relic removal scroll and would find it nice not to have to use TP for it )
    You can get them out of hobbit presents. They drop doing in game content. I do not remember if the relic removal scrolls are in silver or gold hobbit presents.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaleo View Post
    The answer is: Level it to 60 (the max). If you are desperate to extract a legacy, you can stop at 31, but otherwise go to 60. It has been suggested 41 or 51 would also be good stopping places, but that's not true.
    I have to many legendary iems to take them to 60, 51, 41, 31 or even 21. I deconstruct a lot of them at level 2 or 11.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I haven't tried this myself, but if you find yourself with waaay too many LI's and a couple of the various "infused" gems from levels 50-65 (Inf Garnet etc), grab a big bunch and do the Dolven-View solo instances (those that give title scrolls). There's a Relic-master just by to decon when the thrash LI's hit lvl 2, which I think they probably will after a single instance.

Quote Originally Posted by SNy-lotrolinux-EU View Post
    I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but deconstructing bridles does not yield mounted relics.

SNy
    Well Dang! There goes my one good idea for 2013…maybe my 2014 idea will turn out better.
    [IMG]http://www.jerrywagoner.com/galrin_pal2.png[/IMG]
    [B] Level 100 Lore-Master[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I have to many legendary iems to take them to 60, 51, 41, 31 or even 21. I deconstruct a lot of them at level 2 or 11.
    I'm afraid it's more efficient to just throw away the excess LIs and keep leveling to 60. At level cap, that is.

I recently noticed my main has over 1000 T6 relics, which I didn't expect because I stopped deconstructing the fused T6 relics that drop in instances, and also refine most T5 relics to shards.

The latter btw. yields plenty of small IXP runes (8k and 10k XP for T5), you could use those to level excess items a few levels after you deconstructed a maxed LI, so you get at least something out of them.

But still, you need tons of T1-T3 relics just to get a single T7 relic you often get from a lvl 76+ LI at 60, so it's more of a time filler for the more boring hours, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLilyAllen View Post
    Oh dearie, dearie me I checked with a friendly(-ish) Relic-master in Enedwaith and the scrolls on offer were various strengths of Delving; Renewal; and Empowerment - the robbers appear to have run off with all the relic removal ones I'm afraid, unless you can find another Relic-master who stores scrolls in a thief-proof container you'll be out of luck.

On the positive side I guess that most relics you are likely to remove your character will not be any the worse off without - in fact the improvements a higher-level LI gives will almost certainly outweigh anything I can think of. Instead you may well need those shards to create the "perfect" Settings; Gems; and Runes for your new level 65 LI. That is where I spend all my shards anyway!
    well, I would be interested in those scrolls, too And I do need shards for getting my settings up to higher tiers--I've been working on that a lot since I just recently figured out how that worked. So I think I understand how the settings work and my tailor is ready and waiting for when my main toon hits level 65 so I can make a better crafted relic for her; now I just need to get a handle on how the whole legacy part works and how to get the higher tiers on those! I mean, I only just now found out I could even change those out-I know, I'm behind the times

I too was very excited when upgrading to level 65 2nd age crafted LIs - they are magnificent

I did have a thought that any legacies you remove from lower-level LIs may (and probably will) be restricted to be used only on LIs up to user-level 60 - so I have a feeling it would be a waste to get hold of those scrolls for your upgrade anyway. I know I ended up vendor-selling a load of stuff I'd saved from deconning because I'd not noticed that restriction until I tried to slot them into my new LIs - silly me!

Is the resulting IXP and relic count greater if it's a 2nd or 1st Age LI?
    Back in Moria a mod/dev said that you'd get a bonus for deconstruction a level 60 2nd Age, over a level 60 3rd Age. I'm wondering if that's still true, or was removed when the level cap went up.

so thanks to someone in this thread something occured to me. If I use the LIxp rune I got from deconning a level 60 LI on a new LI I will get somewhere between 48 and 53. I use spare xp runes to get those 48s close to the others so really I'm going from 53 to 60 and that takes much less time than going from 1 to 31.

all you have to do is get to 60 once you do that you only got about 10 levels to go and decon again.

since I started doing this about 2 weeks ago I deconned a group of level 60 items about 6 times now. I have 7 available slots on two characters that's over 80 lvl 60 LIs deconned in 2 weeks.

now the question is do i need to reforge that last level? is the selection of legacies make any impact on relics/lixp rune?

Quote Originally Posted by Redit View Post
    now the question is do i need to reforge that last level? is the selection of legacies make any impact on relics/lixp rune?
    I've stopped doing the last reforge a while ago and I still get Tier7 relics on decon, so I'd say it doesn't affect the outcome. I highly doubt legacies or relics havy any effect on the outcome either. But as we don't know for sure how random the results are it's impossible to be sure on either.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

One note on relic removal scrolls: you can get them in the store. I find it well worth the small TP cost to save losing hard earned relics..especially at level 75 and 85 items.

Also, when you leave Moria, be sure to trade in all your Khuzdul and Rusted Dwarf tokens for fused relics. It's a massive clickfest but it will definitely give you a big relic boost.
    100 Warden / RK / LM / Captain / Guardian / Hunter / Burg / Champ / Minstrel
    Brandywine

There is just one little flaw in the arguments of this thread: prior to minimum use level of 65, the maximum relic you will get by deconning at 60 is a T4 relic. The decon rules change at that point to allow for the higher level relics to start appearing.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Now, I'm feeling a bit of confusion here.

At what equip-level exactly does the higher-yield-if-leveled-to-60 kick in? Is it from equip-lvl 66 onward? 76?

I vaguely remember the dev-diary talking about it, and I think it might have been around RoI-time. At least it feels like longer ago than RoR. That would indicate it's from 66, but MeSoHappy wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHappy View Post
    To expand on this a little: The relic and IXP returns the OP sites are for LI's of use-level 76 and above. And at that level, I agree with the stated conclusion. Below this, the relic and IXP returns are lower. [...] I think if I didn't need legacies (which would obviously mean going to level 31), and had a sufficient supply of LI's, I'd probably drop to deconning at level 11 to maximize the relic/IXP return.
    while Jadowyn said
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    There is just one little flaw in the arguments of this thread: prior to minimum use level of 65, the maximum relic you will get by deconning at 60 is a T4 relic. The decon rules change at that point to allow for the higher level relics to start appearing.
    (bolding by me in both quotes)
    So which is it? Does the higher rewards for full-leveled LI's kick in at 66 or 76?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast