We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rohan: Expansion Quests vs Riders of Rohan: Expansion

Am I correct that the 'Rohan: Expansion Quests' item which is on sale in the store this week is not the full expansion pack and thus does not unlock mounted combat and etc?

I initially thought this was the full expansion pack and was seconds from buying it when I was struck but the word "quests." Searching the store I find the similarly named 'Riders of Rohan: Expansion' which I assume is the full expansion?

The description of the sale item doesn't mention mounted combat but the inclusion of the word "expansion" in the title makes it confusing. If this is, in fact, just the quest pack for the Rohan region, would it be possible at this late juncture to rename it to 'Rohan: Quest Pack' in order to avoid confusion? (I guess that's probably not a trivial thing so probably not but I thought I'd throw the suggestion out there for possible future consideration.)

In any even, any clarification would be appreciated as I think my interpretation above is correct but I'm honestly not sure. I'm excited to buy the expansion pack but I'm waiting for a sale!

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    1. Mounted combat is free to everyone -- You don't get it by purchasing the expack, just do the epics.
    2. The quest pack is exactly what it says -- The quests.
    3. Mounted combat is free to everyone, you don't need the quest pack OR expansion, just follow the epic quests... As stated previously.
    4. Mounted combat is free to everyone.

Hope this helps.
    ~Glor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Angry Narrow differences

Thank you for this clear answer!

So briefly promotion is about Rohan Quests. Mounted Combat and Epic Story are free.
    Could you confirm that 'Rohan Expansion Pack (basic edition)' includes moreover:
    - Raid and Instance (cost 1495 TP in-game store)
    - Rohirrim Mount (cost xxx TP in-game store) and Rohirrim title
    - 1000 Turbine Points
    Am I right?
    But what about maximum skirmish rank?

PS: I agree that promotions are presented as advertising to make people want to consume. The new look suits me well (with its menu 'info'). But it is not normal that Turbine does not give a complete description of what you buy! It is incomplete every week, but also for expansion packs or expansion quests and so on. ***Legally this can not be ONLY a fictionalized description, there must be a TECHNICAL description***
    Last edited by gimdri; Jun 14 2013 at 04:18 AM.

Once you have your skirmish soldier (and have enough marks), you can upgrade their traits. Those traits have ranks, and the RoR expan- wait. Sorry.

The Store version of the expansion includes Skirmish Trait Max Rank: 40, so I see no reason why the digital download version doesn't include it (same logic cannot be applied to the Store version of the expansion where it doesn't grant TP whereas the digital download versions do).

The expansion pack also includes the light and heavy mounted combat trait trees. Without the expansion pack, you can only have access to the medium trait tree.

Tl;dr:

Rohan quest pack - 1495 TP - available only in the Store:
    - only includes the quests.

Rohan instance cluster - 1495 TP - available only in the Store:
    - only includes Webs of the Scuttledells, Iorbar's Peak, Seat of the Great Goblin, the Bells of Dale and the Battle for Erebor, Flight to the Lonely Mountain and the Fires of Smaug instances.

Rohan expansion:
    - costs either 4295 TP from the Store (Base edition; does not include 1000 TP unlike the digital version), or $39.99/49.99/69.99 for the Base/Heroic/Legendary version respectively.
    - base edition.
    - Heroic edition: everything from the Base version + Evendim/Moria/Lothlórien quest packs + hauberk.
    - Legendary edition: everything from the Base version + 6th inventory bag + Crystal of Remembrence + 1000 bonus TP (to a total of 2000 TP) + whole cosmetic armour set + horse session play + healing skill for war-steed

CMIIW, kinda in a hurry to finish the post.

PS: cosmetics are undyable.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Mildford View Post

PS: cosmetics are undyable.
    ignoring spelling for a bit and just focusing on the phonetic resemblance, that gives a whole new meaning to the title the undying ( aka undyeing ?)

Thanks everyone for the clarification! 'Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildford View Post
    Rohan instance cluster - 1495 TP - available only in the Store:
    - only includes Webs of the Scuttledells, Iorbar's Peak, Seat of the Great Goblin, the Bells of Dale and the Battle for Erebor, Flight to the Lonely Mountain and the Fires of Smaug instances.
    This is confusing, or must be a bug. I bought the Rohan Quest Pack (not the expansion) in the last sales there were some weeks ago (and didn't know about those mounted traits so my LM wear a medium steed xD), and was able to enter the Battle for Erebor instance, that one where you beat 2 enormous trolls that give you (i think, died all the times) symbols for lvl85 first age legendary items.