We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

COME IN plz NEED HELP

i want to ask a question, does the rvr burning blade , quilk strike and ba fire damage needed for pvp , freep seems has much tac than phy . Can someone tell me, im confused.. ty very much..

I have found common dmg to be significantly better on my reaver especially when using armour debuff.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

Common damage (not slotting burning blades) and the armour debuff is hands down the best damage type for reavers at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Common damage (not slotting burning blades) and the armour debuff is hands down the best damage type for reavers at the moment.
    Against squishies and wardens, yeah. Any class that has might as a primary attribute (i.e. heavies) will have a high physical mitigation.

My champ still has higher physical mit than tac and both are over 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    Against squishies and wardens, yeah. Any class that has might as a primary attribute (i.e. heavies) will have a high physical mitigation.

the better question is: after the sunder debuff would common be superior? my tact/phys are within roughly 6% of eachother. if the debuff can even bring common to equal grounds as tact. than it makes it the superior overall choice
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    the better question is: after the sunder debuff would common be superior? my tact/phys are within roughly 6% of eachother. if the debuff can even bring common to equal grounds as tact. than it makes it the superior overall choice
    On Captains and Champions, no. On the rest, yes.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    On Captains and Champions, no. On the rest, yes.
    I tested it on all classes and I'm not getting the same results as you. Captains, champions, and guardians for me it wasn't even close. Fire damage all the way for them. For wardens, hunters, and burglars it was slight edge to Fire. For minis it was slight edge to common. For runekeepers it was the biggest difference for common. I never tested it for Lore-masters though I am sure it would favour common. The thing is though if a mini, runekeeper or lore-master want to heal themselves to death I'm not going to kill them traited either way. So I'm just going to stick with Fire.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post

I suspect that given reaver sunder armor, this would no longer be the case.

I know for a fact that given the stacking armor debuffs that reavers, BAs (requires a trait) and defilers can all apply to a single target this is certainly not the case.

For group combat, common damage is superior on all targets at the moment... assuming your group actually works as a team.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    I tested it on all classes and I'm not getting the same results as you. Captains, champions, and guardians for me it wasn't even close. Fire damage all the way for them. For wardens, hunters, and burglars it was slight edge to Fire. For minis it was slight edge to common. For runekeepers it was the biggest difference for common. I never tested it for Lore-masters though I am sure it would favour common. The thing is though if a mini, runekeeper or lore-master want to heal themselves to death I'm not going to kill them traited either way. So I'm just going to stick with Fire.
    You misunderstand me, I mean with the armour debuffs.
    Light classes have a weakness in their phys mit inherently (or rather: a strength in tactical due to high Will & Vitality), armour debuff only makes it a bigger gap between the two. Minis counteract this a little with their shield's AV, but generally not enough.
    Wardens, Guardians, Hunters and Burglars have roughly the same tact as phys mitigation (for most, there are a few exceptional builds), so an armour debuffs drops their physical mitigation lower than their tactical.
    But on Champions and Captains the physical mitigation is so much higher compared to tactical that even the armour debuffs won't lower the physical down enough (again, in most cases).
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    You misunderstand me, I mean with the armour debuffs.
    Light classes have a weakness in their phys mit inherently (or rather: a strength in tactical due to high Will & Vitality), armour debuff only makes it a bigger gap between the two. Minis counteract this a little with their shield's AV, but generally not enough.
    Wardens, Guardians, Hunters and Burglars have roughly the same tact as phys mitigation (for most, there are a few exceptional builds), so an armour debuffs drops their physical mitigation lower than their tactical.
    But on Champions and Captains the physical mitigation is so much higher compared to tactical that even the armour debuffs won't lower the physical down enough (again, in most cases).
    I did use sundering blow for all my test. Those are the results I got with it. The mini and the rk were the only ones that did more damage with common and sundering blow. The mini was at 40-40 and the rk was at 40-30 (tact-Physical). Only one I actually remember damage wise was the warden. This was not a test but an actual fight twice. Hit him for 999 with dev with sundering blow and common damage and then hit him for 1016 with fire damage. Maybe like you said, I just fought the few exceptional builds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    I did use sundering blow for all my test. Those are the results I got with it. The mini and the rk were the only ones that did more damage with common and sundering blow. The mini was at 40-40 and the rk was at 40-30 (tact-Physical). Only one I actually remember damage wise was the warden. This was not a test but an actual fight twice. Hit him for 999 with dev with sundering blow and common damage and then hit him for 1016 with fire damage. Maybe like you said, I just fought the few exceptional builds.
    Understood.
    The Guardian/Warden one is actually not that uncommon as my post may have suggested. If they are in tank build it's common ftw due to mitigations both being capped, but if they are geared for DPS their vitality will be significantly lower, meaning a big drop in tact mit. And lately I'm seeing more and more DPS Wardens due to the agility switch.

Most of the decent champs/captains/guards tend to stack tact mit and a lot vitality so it is still best to use common dmg with armour debuff. Either way it's near impossible to beat a skilled and geared heavy armoured freep so I just stick with common and use the extra trait slot for something more useful.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]