We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Reaver Traits?

Reaver Traits?

I have just recenty made a reaver and might I add they are quite fun to play .I have heard a lot that 5 crit ratings and the HFP1 & 2 are a good trait way but I would like to know what people use and what works best for them? ould like to know if any mastery boosts are worth traiting and if so how many? etc etc.. anything is helpful thanks
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

To start off with, you are referencing Corruptions for the reaver, and not traits. They are two different things. Also, for me, I like to run HfP 1 + 2, Crit D, 3 Crit ratings. Gives me some survivability, and with Blood lust up, I am nearly at max crit rating at r7. I use the Crit D for more survivability, but might change it out soon.
    As for a build for you, it all depends on how you play. Whether that is in a raid or solo, you will have to find what you like to use.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213010000152306/signature.png]Mogbhar[/charsig]

I am running with health for power rank2 and 5x Crit chance to get it capped.
    As a lower rank reaver i would probably go for health for damage rank 2 for a crit aswell.
    Swap it back to crit when you gain few ranks.

As for masteries, i would say go for crit instead. Crit > mastery.

Critical protection corruptions are kinda meh, i rather have high damage, then to survive few hits longer.

Hope you enjoy your reaver!

The original Valdez

4 crit 2 morale. seems to work better than any other build ive tried
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

4 crit 1 crit D and hfpr2

Quote Originally Posted by warwalker View Post
    4 crit 1 crit D and hfpr2
    i tried this build, but just didnt notice any difference with the extra crit def. found i was better off using an extra morale corruption.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

i use hfp 1,2 ,hfd 2 and 3 crits..nice damage and morale pool

Quote Originally Posted by Redmond3 View Post
    Also, for me, I like to run HfP 1 + 2, Crit D, 3 Crit ratings. Gives me some survivability, and with Blood lust up, I am nearly at max crit rating at r7.
    My baby reaver doesn't have Blood lust yet so I can't personally confirm, but every other flat percentage bonus in this game will allow you to go over any rating based cap. So unless this skill is a singular exception, this skill is even more effective at higher crit ratings.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

HfP2, DfP2, 4x crit. I don't think the 5th crit rating corruption is worth it - If you have the R7 & R10 racials slotted, you'll be at 24.1% crit with 4.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

I have tried so many but I have found survivability to be worthless.

HfP2, DfP2, 2 Crit Rate and 2 Masteries

This, I am finding, is a good build to spike a target to a dev strike.
    Learn your best rotations and stick with it.
    I think the reaver would be fixed if they reduced
    the CD on Resilence.
    Brandywine: Lebbowski
    Elendilmir: Heil and Scatt

With rank 12 Battlefield promos i trait 3 crit and 3 mastery..and recently switched to common damage over fire damage to just test the diff damage types..i found i hit alot harder on light armors and champs and guards..but wardens..are always the same.

But with 3 crit and 3 mastery ive been f'n most freeps up 1v1.

Just my input and i repsect other reavers and how they trait
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c010000195ef1/signature.png]Swordmonkey[/charsig]
    High Chieftain Swordmonkey rank 13 reaver ~Vilya~
    High Warden Maldrian rank 9 guardian

ive seen mald melt hunters and squishies with his setup. And it makes sense especially for will based classes after the change to will (1 will = 2 tactmit) to go back to common damage. But for champs and guards.....we start out over 50% b/c of heavy armor and increase it with traits/gear/jewellery. I think most champs at least have higher physical mitigations. Now, I know that you have a nasty armor reduction debuff so that might change it in favor of common damage, idk.

I haven't traited fire damage since will started giving tactical mit.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by mald123 View Post
    With rank 12 Battlefield promos i trait 3 crit and 3 mastery..and recently switched to common damage over fire damage to just test the diff damage types..i found i hit alot harder on light armors and champs and guards..but wardens..are always the same.

But with 3 crit and 3 mastery ive been f'n most freeps up 1v1.

Just my input and i repsect other reavers and how they trait
    ive been tempted to try a build like this, but there just seems to be a ton of diminishing returns on mastery corruptions when you have more than 1 outpost. have you noticed this or?