We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Return

Return

The days when camping anything was possible...
    Doubt this scenario qualifies as camping

1.Map set for good fighting :

2.Creeps out : P.S. Not really...

3.Creeps back at their 1shots after awesome battle for a few seconds

Treat this how you wish, but it is a serious problem on the server. Almost every time I decide to play here this happens at some point. The numbers don't matter for most people.

It drives me nuts, not because I would hate dying (i love dying in a good fight, both sides getting points not only regular good fight enjoyment=win), but because I want to play my different toons, which I can only do here but with this happening over and over ,and over again I just feel ill clicking the Crickhollow name.

Desperate cry to the community, but it is pretty much all I can do at this point.

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

/10chars
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Paragon - Pyrrhic
    Ishlan R12 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+4)

Hmmm...what's the issue? Outside of organized 1v1, everyone does everything he or she can to kill and deny other side kills...is running back to one shotter any different than blowing all of your cds to get away/out last your opponent (not saying you did..i wouldn't know)

Quote Originally Posted by wretchesandkings View Post
    Hmmm...what's the issue? Outside of organized 1v1, everyone does everything he or she can to kill and deny other side kills...is running back to one shotter any different than blowing all of your cds to get away/out last your opponent (not saying you did..i wouldn't know)
    not everyone, some people do all they can to get kills but don't mind dying in the process. To be honest I have always thought people running to 1 shots mid fights (unless they are outnumbered/very overmatched) to be rather cheap but hey, people can play how they want to I reckon. if Denying kills seems to be the best way to keep the other side wanting to play and not just farm go for it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    not everyone, some people do all they can to get kills but don't mind dying in the process. To be honest I have always thought people running to 1 shots mid fights (unless they are outnumbered/very overmatched) to be rather cheap but hey, people can play how they want to I reckon. if Denying kills seems to be the best way to keep the other side wanting to play and not just farm go for it
    that's basically saying you're doing whatever you can to "win" whatever your definition of win might be, which is basically what I've said. If people want to be honourable and all that...well they're gonna be disappointed BC they're the minority most of the time. Speaking of being outmatched...thorfinn, that last fight, you were chasing a r5 BA. I(the reaver here) started attacking you when you already took a chunk of his morale. I attacked you for few seconds and before I know it you're dead. So did you honestly expected a r5 BA, who's good as a free kill to you, to fight you to death?

that's basically saying you're doing whatever you can to "win" whatever your definition of win might be, which is basically what I've said. If people want to be honourable and all that...well they're gonna be disappointed BC they're the minority most of the time. Speaking of being outmatched...thorfinn, that last fight, you were chasing a r5 BA. I(the reaver here) started attacking you when you already took a chunk of his morale. I attacked you for few seconds and before I know it you're dead. So did you honestly expected a r5 BA, who's good as a free kill to you, to fight you to death?
    English is not my first language so probably I am rather hard to understand and everyones though processes kinda differ and stuff about brainzzzz, BUT what I though I had said (I did delete a ton of text before I decided this was a readable length for 1st post) was that my problem lies in the fact that people stay in one place (a rather tarded one at that) expecting fights. As someone who has some will to ride around the map for any fights I will come to the place where they gather, but just the absurdity of it all.

Example - a week or two ago when Bloin and I were out the map was fully red other than OPs (2 blue 1 red) We ride around all map and end up at grams with 7 creeps in 1shot range who were mentioned by some solo greenie earlier. It was 2 r8+ wargs, 2 p2W BAs r7 and 8 i believe, 1 p2w defiler with most skills and a greenie regular filer ah and a reaver as well r8. We got a kill with some well played combo cc between champ and mini and they kept hugging 1shots. Then one time they decided to slowly push out and Bloin melted rather fast after that I did as well (logically). We come back and they hug 1shots again. We get rolled once they push out, more creeps show up, Firehands flips over to help and we get some kills before we die. We keep coming back and mostly generally losing while the other side doesn't want to make fights happen at a more regular interval and maybe idk, risk dying or w/e is the case really. Worthy of note is that before that fight with Bloin I had to chase a filer in 1shots 1v7 but that wasn't the problem as I got my kill.

This is a rather strange phenomena I have encountered on Crick since mid RoI I believe. People do not want to move. grp v grp? Raid v raid? One raid wipes other and they decide to stay where they won the fight WITHOUT ANY DEATHS. I was on my defiler at u10 one time in a high ranked[for crick] creep grp-all r7-10 other than me. We beat a freep grp with fewer players than us. I saw no movement by our group so i asked if we were going any closer to give them a chance of fighting us sooner. I was asked if I want to GV camp them? And that this was better... Logically I dropped group, logged warg and went in for a kill on freep group, which had proceeded to hug gv/bv hill. Both groups were just standing there with potential for good fights.

Now I have somewhat of a wall of text again, hopes of anyone reading it are slim, but I hope someone rethinks what's best for actually fighting and ranking.

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

So did you honestly expected a r5 BA, who's good as a free kill to you, to fight you to death?
    Just to be clear, I kinda knew the pictures would give the wrong idea. This is something that happens very often, no I did not expect him to fight me 1v1gank there. This particular case just worked as an example as I do not screenshot boring stuff mostly.

*edit* I had several fights in red TR 1st floor and right outside of it as I saw chances of getting kills there, I know creeps are way broken as I play mine elsewhere enough to see how bad it is as well as what i see freepside. No, I did not expect a potential free kill to become a free kill.
    Last edited by Nifroth; Jun 13 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Removing some stats like deaths and K/D would improve this situation. There's some players that are afraid of dying too often because this death count discourages PvP.

In some situations it's normal to not want to fight...
    Not many people want to fight when they expect no kills - or when the trade is kind of stupid. (like 1 kill for 15 deaths (and the comms/inf/nown gain is shared among these 15 people))
    Paragon - Pyrrhic
    Ishlan R12 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+4)

I solo hours daily all over the map. I rarely run into anyone. Crickhollow has been very quiet. Occassionaly I run into another player more often then not it is a dps with pocket heals, a warden or a waterlore spamming LM. Sometimes the the time for that fight isn't worth the wait to have a bio.

Yesterday I was farming sargents patches and heartwood and 2 champs came along and both gave me good fights. I have had good fights in hoarhollow, grothum, isen and while poisoning the hoardale but the occurances are few and far between.

Through out the evening I saw on ooc Freeps at EC or Lugz rez. If either side is going to the same spot to fight over and over you really cannot blame anyone when they come to expect that behavior.

How is hugging 1 shots different than hugging a backdoor or a delving entrance?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000fd3e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by catrean View Post
    How is hugging 1 shots different than hugging a backdoor or a delving entrance?
    You can get near/on backdoors and the entrances. Main problem really is that ever so often I need to ride to my death. Rather get ambushed on gv hill than have to ride to grams with all red map to get a fight :/

same ol`same ol`...

I wanted to come back and give it another try but seeing that nothing has changed,yeah...no ty.Tho I miss our 1v1s thorfie.

/sadpony
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

double post sorry.
    Last edited by 1nTruDeR; Jun 13 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    /sadpony
    Just logged into forums to say, comment of the week.

But now I guess I have to post something pertaining to the thread, so, the server has its up and down times, you seems to have come out at a down time. Whenever it happens to me (freeps sitting on gv steps peek-a-boo with each other and having picnics) I log out and come back latter when action picks up. If the force isn't there, then it's just isn't there.

A lot of people since Rohan have gotten too comfortable with raids, and if they don't have a raid they believe they won't be able to do anything, which is of course wrong (well.... if the freeps don't have a raid anyways). Which I can see why they would, Rohan has influenced raiding more than any other expansion thus far, making freeps and creeps feel powerless when they're not grouped.

tl;dr you came out at a down time, come back later. Rohan does a bad job at encouraging small groups, if they don't have a raid they won't fight.

-Ittybitty
    Last edited by Derpon; Jun 13 2013 at 01:31 PM.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

I don't know about others, but I have to group up simply because the cold truth is that I can't solo anything other than some bad hunters and low ranks with no audacity. This makes me hesitant to roam solo and pick a fight with someone I know I'm probably not going to beat, hence, the lack of action. This is probably not the only reason but hey, whatever the reason, I doubt things won't be changing for a while :/

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    double post sorry.
    if your burg suddenly desires to get to lvl 85 you know where you can look for me via forum name :P
    Tho I doubt you will, hah.

Miss our fights too

Perhaps some Freep Kins, and Creep Tribes should have Kin/Tribe only groups out 6-8 people, Easy on the healers. Try to balance it. Not saying "set up fights" because I know that's been suggested before and it never works out, but I feel like there are a lot of things we could all do to help the action...Just too few people want to do them. I try to solo, or small group when I'm on Crick usually with Farriel and a couple of her friends Tops if he'll come grouped with Thorfinn occasionally. But it always ends the same. Not enough action to even warrant the small group of people we do have. It sucks, and I'm not placing the blame entirely on one group of players as I've been on both side of the action, but BOTH sides have to decide if they want the action to stay the same...
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|