We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha42 View Post
    Houses have started showing as available on Gladden, but you have to go to the actual house, not the housing vendor with the list of houses. My neighborhood has at least 10 houses with a For Sale sign, but shows none at the Housing Vendor outside the neighborhood.
    I have characters running around the neighborhood looking for Signs, nothing. I have characters outside at the "House Purchase" vendor, nothing. What gives? It's been like (2) hours now with over an hour since the yards were cleaned out... Kind of annoying!

I am looking at no less than (8) empty houses now, yet I can not buy any

Quote Originally Posted by KristyBeast View Post
    I have characters running around the neighborhood looking for Signs, nothing. I have characters outside at the "House Purchase" vendor, nothing. What gives? It's been like (2) hours now with over an hour since the yards were cleaned out... Kind of annoying!

I am looking at no less than (8) empty houses now, yet I can not buy any
    Once the stuff in the yard vanishes, that starts a random timer. The For Sale sign can come back right away... or it could be up to 24 hours later. That's Working as Intended. :/

At least they're coming back though.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: [b]Graal:[/b] The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

if they're all on random timers for becoming available, that really hurts kins who are trying to buy kin neighborhoods for their members. really a bad implementation of a mass foreclosure.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

has anyone actually bought a foreclosed house and on what server?

has anyone actually bought a foreclosed house and on what server?

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    if they're all on random timers for becoming available, that really hurts kins who are trying to buy kin neighborhoods for their members. really a bad implementation of a mass foreclosure.
    Exactly what I'm trying to do... doh!

ok,i see a deluxe house available at the housing vendor that wasnt there a few minutes ago. unfortunately not the one i want...but it has begun at least on windfola

Quote Originally Posted by allgon View Post
    ok,i see a deluxe house available at the housing vendor that wasnt there a few minutes ago. unfortunately not the one i want...but it has begun at least on windfola
    Could just be a house someone abandoned yesterday getting ready to move. but hopefully not :P
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Nothing yet on Brandywine Elf Area

Yep seeing empty yards and houses in Brandywine Bree Homesteads - but none of the houses are coming up for sale.

Several people got houses on Laurelin including myself, but most still don't have for sale signs.

Brandywine has for sale signs in the properties yet you cannot buy them and these properties are not showing up at the housing vendor. I tried to buy directly from the for sale sign in the property and it takes your money then gives it right back.

Broke &&& implementation by amateurs.

I just bought a foreclosed house on Gladden.

I am seeing for sale signs in the Brandywine Shire housing area. Not the house I want yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrose_the_Hobbit View Post
    I am seeing for sale signs in the Brandywine Shire housing area. Not the house I want yet...
    I'm standing in front of the house I want. I see the for sale sign, and it keeps taking and giving my money back.
    This is in Brandywine Bree Homesteads.
    Frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by FatMagic View Post
    I'm standing in front of the house I want. I see the for sale sign, and it keeps taking and giving my money back.
    Frustrated
    Same with Falathlorn Homesteads on BW.

Frustrated
    Even better, the sign helpfully informed me to sell my old house and clear my escrow, in to separate trips mind you, and would not sell me a house and now I have none. A ticket on the issue was punctually replied to 2 minutes later with essentially, we don't care, file a bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha42 View Post
    --EDIT-- I take that back, the yard decorations are gone and you can go into the house, but no "For Sale" sign.
    There is a random delay timer of up to a 24 hours before a home back on sale after it loses its owner.

There are a number of homes on sale in elf housing on Melendor that went on sale after 7:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time. There is still a lot of home have not been foreclosured. The game software is processing a few homes at a time.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by scottml View Post
    A ticket on the issue was punctually replied to 2 minutes later with essentially, we don't care, file a bug report.
    I did the same. Opened a ticket, and they came back quickly with "yep can't help, submit a bug". So I submitted the bug without any hope it will help.

Oh well.

Frustrated
    Frustrated indeed, that would slay me! Especially if I'd given up a house in preparation!

From the posts here, it seems to be Brandywine that's having issues. Friends on Windfola and Silverlode have gotten the foreclosed house in the neighborhood they wanted. They were first-time buyers. So far no one I know who abandoned a house has had the one they want show up with the For Sale sign. We're hoping for the best!

Just a few thoughts .. did you try closing out the game and restarting? Try another character on the account to see if they might be able to buy it? Other than that I can only assume something went wonkers on BW, maybe from the heavy load of foreclosures and attempted purchases? Maybe keep trying?

All the best to those suffering. I hope you eventually end up with the house you want.

Seeing as BW had nearly every house filled up until now (the only empties being some kin houses and non-deluxe dwarf houses) it's likely that freeing up all these houses is proving challenging for the hamster that powers the server.

edit: I just grabbed a deluxe Hobbit house on BW, so it looks like things are finally working. I FINALLY HAVE THE HOUSE WITH THE FISHING DOCK I AM SO HAPPY
    Last edited by pantsparty; Jul 28 2013 at 02:28 AM.

BW Falathlorn Homesteads just opened.

Finally got a house on Brandywine. Had to visit the house I wanted, and the sign FINALLY worked. Purchased a Deluxe house in Bree Land Homesteads. And my wife purchased a Standard house right next door

Now finally I can goto bed!

okay i confirm buying a foreclosed deluxe house on windfola at 12.30 am est 7/28. its on. good luck to you all!

Seems like all the houses in my elf hood on BW opened up except the one I have been standing in front of for the last 6 hours.

How do you tell if a house is slated for foreclosure? Just from the message on the "door" that it can't be accessed due to failure to pay upkeep?

A friend of mine mentioned she could see a "time" by checking the maintenance tab, but how? I didn't think you could access the maintenance tab on a house you didn't own.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast