We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

When did update 11 go live??? Or when will the great housing rush begin?

When was it update 11 went live. Or more to the point. When will the 2 month countdown for releasing shuttered houses come to an end.

I think it will be around July 11th or 12th they should start to open up.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

I recently went by the in-game house of a former kinmate who passed away long ago, and I can confirm that July 12th is the mass-foreclosure date.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

One important thing to note is that every time the servers go down, the time they are down is added to the foreclosure time.

Originally the time was set for the morning (servertime) of the 12th. Now, after two server downtimes, it's around 1:30pm. I don't know how many more downtimes we'll have between now and then. (Possibly one for the next festival, though I can't see the start date of one on the calendar here on this site.)
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 19 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August will be our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

It's come to my attention via nother forum that there's been an out of the blue addition of 15 days to the foreclosures, which I confirmed myself (on Landy) a few minutes ago. For those who haven't been keeping up, this means now folks have to wait until the 27th of this month instead of the 12th.

I know more than a few folks upset by this, as they all took off the 12th in the hopes of securing new housing when it opens up. With the server downtime time additions, at worst it seemed that might get pushed back to the 13th, which wasn't the end of the world since a lot of folks don't work Saturdays, but now being pushed back to the 27th with no notice as to why just seems bizarre.

Has anyone heard anything official on what caused this sudden change?

What was the headline on this piece of news - or if there's a link available? I have 85s on 2 servers and an old 65 on a third, I'm curious if I would need to attend to their stuff (to secure or give away some items) or not.

EDIT Aha http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...escrow-changes 180 days + an additional 60. I see.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Jul 02 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    It's come to my attention via nother forum that there's been an out of the blue addition of 15 days to the foreclosures, which I confirmed myself (on Landy) a few minutes ago. For those who haven't been keeping up, this means now folks have to wait until the 27th of this month instead of the 12th.

I know more than a few folks upset by this, as they all took off the 12th in the hopes of securing new housing when it opens up. With the server downtime time additions, at worst it seemed that might get pushed back to the 13th, which wasn't the end of the world since a lot of folks don't work Saturdays, but now being pushed back to the 27th with no notice as to why just seems bizarre.

What forum did you see this on, because I can't find this anywhere.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000017c1c6/01008/signature.png]Grumpii[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer4u View Post
    It is not on the forums. I believe you get this information in game from a locked home that you have access to (ability to pay maintenance). I set my homes to: All = Pay Maintenance and walk around inside. My homes are paid up until sometime in December, 2013 at the moment.

I do not know of all locked homes that I have maintenance access to on Meneldor.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The forum I sw the post on was the Bounders of the Shire's guildportal site. A member of one of our allied kins noticed the change and posted about it--it's a player notice, not an official one.

I was hoping that by posting here, someone might know if the addition was intentional or not, and say so.

To be clear, this 15 day addition is above and beyond the new system (60 days' grace period after 180 days of lockout before the foreclosure kicks in and thus the house is put back on the market, with the owner's things being put into permanent escrow) that was added in U11. We had already noticed that every time the servers were down (which I mentioned before in this thread), time equal to the downtime was being added to the original forclosure date and time that was stated via the Maintenance tab when U11 went live. However, in this case, the servers haven't been down for 15 days to follow the pattern that had already been established--it just suddenly got added after the Treasure Hunt weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It is not on the forums. I believe you get this information in game from a locked home that you have access to (ability to pay maintenance). I set my homes to: All = Pay Maintenance and walk around inside. My homes are paid up until sometime in December, 2013 at the moment.

I do not know of all locked homes that I have maintenance access to on Meneldor.
    Yes, if someone who owns a home gave permission to "everyone" to pay upkeep, that makes the maintenance tab viewable by everyone if one is standing on their property. (One would open the general housing tab while there, and click on the maintenance tab to see what their foreclosure date is/if they are locked out and so on.) That's how we've been keeping track, and why folks were taking the 12th off from work so no matter what time the final foreclosure day/time got moved to, they would be able to be ready to take over said house(s).

We're just mystified at the 15 day addition, since there was no precedent as to why it was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post

People took off from work on the 12th to get a house, seriously????

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    People took off from work on the 12th to get a house, seriously????
    Folks taking a day off for a special event in their game(s) of choice is nothing new. Nope, not at all. Since we're still much in the dark about what exactly is going to change (and how/where/when) later this year with housing, folks are assuming it's best to take advantage of this unprecedended event as the Great Housing Purge of '13.

But, since you asked, yes, people are taking off work to get a house.

I know a few that did since they are trying very hard to get into kin neighborhoods. Especially some in particular where their kin neighborhood name starts with a letter lower/lowest on the alphabet based listing at the Broker. Since some folks who just want a house and don't care where may likely just go to whatever comes up first on the list as the house they want to buy.

I know two kin leaders who took off to try to help facilitate such moves (helping hold items during the escrow juggle since you can't buy a new one until your escrow is empty, and making sure folks have enough gold at the time, etc.)

I'm sure there are more than just the ones I know.

Also, given how quickly deluxes go, that's another large concern for both the reason above compounded by how limited in quanity they are.

I think the purge is going to be quite interesting, whenever it finally happens (since the date keeps getting pushed back) even aside from the mad rush that will ensue (at least on Landy, and I'm betting Brandy--not informed enough about the other servers). There are some neighborhoods in Landy where the entire neighborhood is locked for non-payment (aside from a few kinhouses that are unowned in some cases), and I have no idea what will happen at that time. Will the neighborhoods vanish from the list so the system can go back to the old "no new neighborhoods open until all houses (of X type or not) are not available" or will they stay there? I'm curious to see.

Okay so we have no idea when this 'foreclosure' event will actually take place. I made a note that it would occur this week, but it sounds like it is anyone's guess what that date will be.

I'll check back later

FYI: Saw today that Sapience mentioned in this festival thread that both the next festival as well as U11.2 may tentatively be happening around the 24th, so there's another possible push back during that server downtime.

I wish they would give us an actual date on foreclosures, or create new neighborhoods. Right now they appear incompetent since they aren't even following what they said they would do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000017c1c6/01008/signature.png]Grumpii[/charsig]

I recently came back; the date of expiration I saw on my house was 8/29. Sorry if this is disappointing news.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000255349/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Okay so I have my answer now! The HHA is going to evict me if I don't pay my back rent before the 26th! I'm wondering if the Shire Sheriff will actually show if I don't pay, maybe I can get someone from the Hobbit Times to cover it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spearow View Post
    I recently came back; the date of expiration I saw on my house was 8/29. Sorry if this is disappointing news.
    It sounds like you weren't quite at the 6-month cutoff when U11 arrived.

Not all houses will open up the same day. But a large number of them will open up at the same time on the 26th or 27th it seems to be, now. These are all the houses which were 6-months *or more* delinquent upon the launch of U11. So a house abandoned 6 months before U11 will have the same foreclosure date as one abandoned in 2007.

After that big cluster, houses will be foreclosed upon at varying times, 6-months from whenever their last upkeep was paid.

Unless they've changed the date again. I haven't looked recently. If they indeed delayed it another month, I know a few people who are going to be irritated.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

I certainly hope you're right and that I "quit" 5 months ago, then came back. Actually, that sounds about right... So for now we'll assume it is the 26th or 27th of July. Huzzah!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000255349/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

After todays update the new date and time for Meneldor is:
    July 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4).

Sigh another typo
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 27 2013 at 12:16 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I wish they would give us an actual date on foreclosures, or create new neighborhoods. Right now they appear incompetent since they aren't even following what they said they would do.
    Indeed, since they stated years ago that players would never lose their homes to non-payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    After todays update the new date and time for Meneldor is:
    July 27, 2103 at 7:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4).
    It's the same for Landy.

Any idea on the foreclosure rush for Brandywine? I was thinking it was today. So tomorrow then according to what I'm reading - around 8pm EST?
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?336224-Lions-of-Judah-CHRISTIAN-Kinship-Family-Friendly-Casual-Active-Since-Launch-2007"][B][SIZE=3]LIONS of JUDAH[/SIZE][/B][/URL] :: Christian Kinship :: Founded March 2007
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Tane[/COLOR].CAPTAIN - [COLOR=red]Woodchuck[/COLOR].WARDEN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][FONT=courier]LIFETIME FOUNDER[/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by FatMagic View Post
    Any idea on the foreclosure rush for Brandywine? I was thinking it was today. So tomorrow then according to what I'm reading - around 8pm EST?
    Not all foreclosed houses will be available on the same day. Weeks back when people were trying to find out the date they came across ones that said the 27th. I found a few that said the 26th mid afternoon. So I would be checking this evening off & on to see.

Good luck on Brandywine. I am so glad I am no longer gonna have to fight or camp out for a house there. Is gonna be like black friday. LOL

Any idea on what time Laurelin's houses open up?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast