We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 11.1 changes to captain armor

Nice news for those who have it (I don't myself):

from http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...80#post6818880

Classes

Captain

• The Greater Erebor Charge armour set should now proc the Oathbreaker's Shame reset more often.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Nice news for those who have it (I don't myself):

from http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...80#post6818880

Classes

Captain

• The Greater Erebor Charge armour set should now proc the Oathbreaker's Shame reset more often.
    thanks for sharing the notes! i missed them!

the new travel to Forlaw is what im most excited for!

and adding virtues and titles to the deeds!

good stuff!

Aah, that's really nice, lots of more DPS !

Can anyone who has this set estimate how often it procs now?

Before the update i did some testing and got to a result of about 5% proc chance (from about 1.5h on dummies and several instance runns).
    After the update i havnt had time for some proper testing yet only used it during a fornost run. We did 3 wings in a bit over 1h where i used OB each time when off cd with shadows lament on a 21s cd spamming it as much as possible (red traited). I got it to proc once in that time. After that i went to the dummies and got it to reset a few more times, but only about 10% proc chance from my experience.

I will do some more testing and post here again if i get better results during the next few days. As for now i wouldnt advice anyone to barter for that set, since the amount of healing loss (from 4 part hythbold healer set) isnt worth a unreliable bonus and a few extra stats imo. If you want to increase your (and your fellowships) damage i would recommend to get the 4 part bonus from the command set from ettens if you have access to it.

regards
    Led

Thanks for sharing that. It certainly would be nice if they would tell you in the tooltip what the chance was so you wouldn't have to spend your seals just to find out if the armor is worthwhile or not. I guess in a single-target dps race it might still be helpful if the other captain is using the command set, but I'm probably not going to take up more of my valuable bag space just for that hypothetical situation that doesn't exist in the current endgame.