We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Question of Corruptions

Hi guys, bit of a Moors noob here with a Rank 4 Reaver, looking for a little advice.

I bit the bullet and purchased the starter pack from the store with some spare TPs and have managed to get a few new skills as well as Audacity up to the level where it's just become expensive to upgrade further, so I'm now having a look at the Corruptions and trying to decide which ones to go for.

I know everyone will have different builds depending on play-style or will vary it based on different situations etc, but where I've found myself getting a bit stuck is trying to choose between 2 defensive corruptions, and the 2 offensive corruptions. So basically I am wondering if anyone could help at all with the following dilemmas:

- Crit Protection or Tactical Mit?
    - Mastery or Crit Rating?

- Better to go with one of each for balance, or pick one/two and stack a couple deep for increased effect?

I've already got HfP2 and DfP2, and was thinking I'd probably go with 2 defensive and 2 offensive from the above 4 (or possibly HfD2 and 3 of above), but am at a bit of a loss with how best to choose from them!

Thanks very much in advance for any advice!

I'm no reaver expert but I'd say take the critical protection and the mastery.

Reavers are dps so get offensive traits but i recommended being a freep. since your r4 only fight freeps that are a lower rank than you but they still might beet you there over powered. besides being a freep is more fun.

with the megadamages of freeps,defensive/protection corruptions are near useless (like auda).
    Go glass cannon for damage,or make freep.
    (personal opinion from a noobplayer).

Hey there.

I try keep this simple

Quote Originally Posted by Addrimir
    -Crit Protection or Tactical Mit?
    You will not get any significant results with the critical protection traits, and you most likely will notice better damage reduction when you are traiting for mitigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Addrimir
    - Mastery or Crit Rating?
    6 Mastery traited and 2 RED OPs + spam SS until 100 with no auto attacks

6 Critical ratings traited and 2 RED OPs + spam SS until 100 with no auto attacks

You will do more damage with the crit ratings, but you will not see any significant results until you have at least 3-4 traited the same goes for mitigation traits also.

And you as a rank 4 reaver with non max auda i would say you will do much better with just going morale traits for now and the last 2 traits should be tact or phys mits, or even the crit ratings.

I am not sure what does the reaver starter pack include, but if it does have Wrath in it you can be pretty sure you will not go down that easily when you got 4 traited in morale.

After you have reached max audacity you should start thinking about traiting again, the most common one most likely is the x2 10% morale and 4 crit rating, and that i have been using for months now.

When you have acquired impale for you reaver the critical rating traits gonna be playing even larger role for you, for example getting full crit hit with impale when counting all the dots on you target for max dmg, you will do between 4-8k total damage, and i have had hits over 6k total on max auda champs with it.

P.S. Dont trait for fire damage unless you are going to do PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    the most common one most likely is the x2 10% morale and 4 crit rating, and that i have been using for months now.
    THIS

can't go wrong traiting like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I'm no reaver expert but I'd say take the critical protection and the mastery.
    That's no problem it wasn't just Reavers opinions I was specifically looking for - if one trait is better in certain situations than another I can still employ the same logic to help decide which would seem the most appropriate for the situations I find myself in the most. Out of interest what makes you suggest the ones you did?

Quote Originally Posted by lalborn View Post
    Reavers are dps so get offensive traits but i recommended being a freep. since your r4 only fight freeps that are a lower rank than you but they still might beet you there over powered. besides being a freep is more fun.
    I'm sorry but I think this is about as useless a reply as I could have got!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    Hey there.

I try keep this simple

You will not get any significant results with the critical protection traits, and you most likely will notice better damage reduction when you are traiting for mitigations.

You will do more damage with the crit ratings, but you will not see any significant results until you have at least 3-4 traited the same goes for mitigation traits also.

And you as a rank 4 reaver with non max auda i would say you will do much better with just going morale traits for now and the last 2 traits should be tact or phys mits, or even the crit ratings.

I am not sure what does the reaver starter pack include, but if it does have Wrath in it you can be pretty sure you will not go down that easily when you got 4 traited in morale.

After you have reached max audacity you should start thinking about traiting again, the most common one most likely is the x2 10% morale and 4 crit rating, and that i have been using for months now.

When you have acquired impale for you reaver the critical rating traits gonna be playing even larger role for you, for example getting full crit hit with impale when counting all the dots on you target for max dmg, you will do between 4-8k total damage, and i have had hits over 6k total on max auda champs with it.

P.S. Dont trait for fire damage unless you are going to do PVE.
    This is some great info thanks very much mate, have a fully deserved rep!

On this basis it does seem to make more sense to pick one of those Corruptions and stack 3/4 deep I guess? Slotting one of each of the above would maybe offer "a bit of everything" but nothing would actually be substantial enough to notice?

I guess I'm leaning towards traiting as you suggested then with 4 Crit Ratings and the 2 Healths, or perhaps the DfP2 which I already have & 3 Crit Ratings… any opinions on the DfP2? My very first instinct was that this and the Health for Power were the 2 most obvious ones to go for.

Despite it probably not being the optimum setup for just now I'll probably pick the combination I'd like at higher ranks and run with it just now anyway tbh. Purely personal preference but I think I'd rather not get used to the extra Morale from slotting all 4 only for it to drop when I take a couple out later, and would prefer to have them sorted nice and early so as I rank up I am hopefully just getting better with the build I'm already used to running with. I'm aware I will probably die (even) more often doing this than if I stacked Morale for the next few ranks, but I'm ok with that and will at least go down swinging!

Im pretty sure this should be for everybody maybe switch a few crit corruptions out but it should be hfp2 hfp1 and all rest crit boost and maybe a hfd2