Quote Originally Posted by WhifOfDespair View Post
Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

The thing is, if the app depends on Java 6, it should still be able to run - I have Java 6 installed as well as 7.

Any well-designed app can find if there is a compatible JVM installed on a mac using the 'java_home' command.
After thinking on things a bit... I suspect that the "real" culprit is Apple's Gatekeeper.

The errors seem to be "security" related type things.

I just haven't spent any significant time on it since the spring trying to guess what might be happening.

Those files I mentioned in my earlier post are what actually happens "next" -- after you click on the ring, and the app "dies." (i.e. did happen previously.)

These are the notes I kept... (which I can't definitely remember what they mean or why I kept them. )

--------<cut here>-------
PMB info

/Library/Application Support/Media Booster/PMB Files
tail -f "/Library/Application Support/Media Booster/PMB Files"/pando.log

sudo rm -r "/Library/PreferencePanes/MediaBooster.prefPane"
sudo rm -r "/Library/Internet Plug-ins/PandoWebPlugin.plugin"

/var/folders/
sudo find . -name \*PMB\*

#sudo find /var/folders -name \*PMB\* -exec tail -f {} \;

sudo find . -name \*Pando\* -print
/private/var/db/receipts/com.pandonetworks.pandoMediaBo oster.PandoWebPlugin.pkg.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.pandonetworks.pandoMediaBo oster.PandoWebPlugin.pkg.plist

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.pando.PMB.plist
--------<cut here>-------
Since the directories "Media Booster" are not being created, I am assuming there is some sort of "Protection"/"Secutity" issue.

I did just notice that last find implies exactly that...

tail: /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/7438D0A5-3EAD-42C8-9C41-F5C895FC3360.sandbox/Root/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Print.framework/Versions/A/Plugins/PMBrowser.framework: Is a directory

At this point, I would guess the only "outside chance" of discovering a fix is to submit a Ticket and hope that support will bother to respond.

But since when I managed to get them to put up a Mac Client for Bullroarer at the beginning of the HD beta, they put it up as an Acakamai FTP download, and then replaced it with a PMB downloader... they will respond -- it works for us.