We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Group sparring initiative.

***CANCELLED***

Good day fellow Moor patrons,

In order to break the routine I am planning on organising a mini-event during this or the following weekend (time and date still to be determined) and we might end up doing it regularly.
    To summarise it in a few words, it will consist of group spars, starting from 2vs2 and 3vs3 and expanding to a maximum 6vs6 if people will be willing to sacrifice time to it. The rules of spar conduct will be largely outlined before the event, along with few guidelines regarding class matching that would be deemed as avoidable. All the suggestions will be considered and the final decisions will be added at the bottom of the original post. If all goes well I will try to employ help of a GM to help me with realising a way to commend players that win. Prizes remain optional since I am still working on ways to bring items that Monster players can benefit from ( I was thinking slug meat, but I guess we will need something more enticing ).

Feel free to provide comments, your availability and other information you might consider helpful in organising such an event. Mentioning the faction and class you are willing to bring is optional, but helpful especially considering the fact that many have multiple freep/creep characters. Below you will be seeing the list of some of the guidelines to be followed, but necessarily to the word. As long as both sides agree upon the terms and are having fun, that is all that matters:

* TS3 coordinates: moors.evernight.eu as an server address and tharahad as password
    * no Destiny point perks Or store-purchased/lootbox buffs allowed (tome of defense, attack damage, increased morale, etc)
    * All except morale/power pots is allowed. The matches will replicate classic PvMP action, with an improvement on such, since there will be nobody to join midfight thus ruining the experince.
    * Since these are group spars, try leaving more space in front of the rock, going afk in the middle of it is just asking for a slapping.
    * Class matching that will result in overly long time-consuming matches are to be avoided. (two healing RKs, WLs or Defilers)

P.S. The event will be held at our usual spar location Friday 13th, around 1pm server time (6pm UK time).
    Last edited by JustAnotherElf; Mar 13 2015 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherElf View Post

In order to break the routine I am planning on organising a mini-event during this or the following weekend (time and date still to be determined) and we might end up doing it regularly.
    To summarise it in a few words, it will consist of group spars, starting from 2vs2 and 3vs3 and expanding to a maximum 6vs6 if people will be willing to sacrifice time to it. The rules of spar conduct will be largely outlined before the event, along with few guidelines regarding class matching that would be deemed as avoidable. All the suggestions will be considered and the final decisions will be added at the bottom of the original post. If all goes well I will try to employ help of a GM to help me with realising a way to commend players that win. Prizes remain optional since I am still working on ways to bring items that Monster players can benefit from ( I was thinking slug meat, but I guess we will need something more enticing ).

Feel free to provide comments, your availability and other information you might consider helpful in organising such an event. Mentioning the faction and class you are willing to bring is optional, but helpful especially considering the fact that many have multiple freep/creep characters. Below you will be seeing the list of some of the guidelines to be followed, but necessarily to the word. As long as both sides agree upon the terms and are having fun, that is all that matters:

* Overall spar rules will be applied to every match (no potion usage, no group buffs or help from members not engaged in combat, no grieving and corpse-jumping, etc)
    * Total rank of group members will be roughly matched to that of the opposing side (unless agreed upon, providing handicap to one of the teams)
    * Class matching that will result in overly long time-consuming matches are to be avoided. (two healing RKs, WLs or Defilers)

P.S. First tryouts will be held at our usual spar location this Friday, around 1pm server time (6pm UK time).
    Sounds good to me, i think the best way is to spam the world chat try and get as many to lc hs as possible then sort out who v who from there.
    Tbh i wouldn't get the GMs involved any arranged fights in the ettens is frowned upon or misinterpreted as dare i say it the dreaded FC <----

Great idea though just spam the world occ see what comes take it from there.
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

My 2 favourite fights of the event (too lazy to edit it). Hope everyone enjoyed the sparrs.

(No Jag, it's not Brad-Pitting.)

Evernight : Tanick R13 Lm ~ Wakkawakka R10 Def
    Morthond : Mandridar R9 Lm ~ Cragstone R9 Wvr

* Overall spar rules will be applied to every match (no potion usage, no group buffs or help from members not engaged in combat, no grieving and corpse-jumping, etc)
    * Total rank of group members will be roughly matched to that of the opposing side (unless agreed upon, providing handicap to one of the teams)

P.S. First tryouts will be held at our usual spar location this Friday, around 1pm server time (6pm UK time).
    quite a little people know how to fair spar and those who are willing to spar are even less. Though it is nice idea and its really fun.
    Name: High Chieftain Vulkaran; Rank: 13; Race: Warg; Class: Stalker; Tribe: Creatures of the Fiery Kind

Quote Originally Posted by XPICTO View Post
    quite a little people know how to fair spar and those who are willing to spar are even less. Though it is nice idea and its really fun.
    Says the warg that used flayer(selfheals) in multiple spars without the opponent doing so and then rages when the opponent DOES!!!

Vulk m9, seriously.. just sthap this arrasment against urslef m9, you might get rekt m9
    Morondomir the Formidable.
    Lore-master rank 14
    My renown: Today: 68.794
    Proud leader of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Remcosajax View Post
    Says the warg that used flayer(selfheals) in multiple spars without the opponent doing so and then rages when the opponent DOES!!!

Vulk m9, seriously.. just sthap this arrasment against urslef m9, you might get rekt m9
    Said the wl/kiting lm? hypocrite much? Am i to bee blamed for using flayer against you when you used tar to kite me, used wl and wotc vs me in shadow? dont try to throw dust in the eyes of other... l2spar also you were the one to get rekt m9. but i forgot freeps can use all in spars while creeps shouldnt as i said #l2spar #l2solo too
    Name: High Chieftain Vulkaran; Rank: 13; Race: Warg; Class: Stalker; Tribe: Creatures of the Fiery Kind

Said the wl/kiting lm? hypocrite much? Am i to bee blamed for using flayer against you when you used tar to kite me, used wl and wotc vs me in shadow? dont try to throw dust in the eyes of other... l2spar also you were the one to get rekt m9. but i forgot freeps can use all in spars while creeps shouldnt as i said #l2spar #l2solo too
    wl kiting lrm vs flayer warg that uses pots? m9, you have that on yourself. Yes, I got rekt after I tried to fight decent against a warg that bubbled with flayer to deatnh. My bad m8, but in all my solo and spar years (and I am not scared of any 1v1, ask ur kinmates) I have never encounter a warg that even dared to us flayer not justify the use of it..... The sad part is that you still think you are right, and you dont realize the sadness of using the stance. And I cant recall one fight where I used my selfheals against a warg that didnt use cd... not one...

The old discussion about what to use and what to use not is an ancient discussion lol. But again I think you are still a bit butthurt about our spars together m9.

If you want to settle this fair and square, I challenge you for a 1v1. See if you are as big as your mouth is.
    Or you scared m9?

Your call, kk m9 rofl lmao ty
    Lore-master rank 14
    Proud leader of Odyssey

What a funny one! Afaik sahdow is the stance to fight casters, and Remcosajax, yes I can remember you playing 1v1, 3 stacks of water lore and go ezmoding (proved R12 BA cannot outdps that) I don't know how Xpicto fights, but this thread is becoming really fun, keep it up.
    Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)

wl kiting lrm vs flayer warg that uses pots? m9, you have that on yourself. Yes, I got rekt after I tried to fight decent against a warg that bubbled with flayer to deatnh. My bad m8, but in all my solo and spar years (and I am not scared of any 1v1, ask ur kinmates) I have never encounter a warg that even dared to us flayer not justify the use of it..... The sad part is that you still think you are right, and you dont realize the sadness of using the stance. And I cant recall one fight where I used my selfheals against a warg that didnt use cd... not one...

The old discussion about what to use and what to use not is an ancient discussion lol. But again I think you are still a bit butthurt about our spars together m9.

If you want to settle this fair and square, I challenge you for a 1v1. See if you are as big as your mouth is.
    Or you scared m9?

Your call, kk m9 rofl lmao ty
    sure warg has so many cd to use. Maybe you should ask how you spar. I cant be butthurt when i won most of the spars. You and so many others should l2spar. Dont expect to spar fair when you stack wl and kite me to death. Maybe you are the one that is butthurt but its your fault you waste time cc flayer warg and letting the bubble to apply full heal. And if you dont remember the first 2 spars i was in shadow but you still kited me and used heals. l2spar and I see I am not the onnly one that thinks you spam heals regardless of opponent think about it. Btw what is this hatred against flayer? rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    What a funny one! Afaik sahdow is the stance to fight casters, and Remcosajax, yes I can remember you playing 1v1, 3 stacks of water lore and go ezmoding (proved R12 BA cannot outdps that) I don't know how Xpicto fights, but this thread is becoming really fun, keep it up.
    Hum, lets recap this. My 1v1 vs you with I used wk might be the moment where 1. you hugged grams, ooc called me and got me just down at lug bd with 5? Gj or 2. Where I ran into moors I found ahtaaja with a lot of creeps nearby, you interfered in that fight and well XD You found the reason why you shouldnt interfere. But yes this thread is more funny with me, I agree

sure warg has so many cd to use. Maybe you should ask how you spar. I cant be butthurt when i won most of the spars. You and so many others should l2spar. Dont expect to spar fair when you stack wl and kite me to death. Maybe you are the one that is butthurt but its your fault you waste time cc flayer warg and letting the bubble to apply full heal. And if you dont remember the first 2 spars i was in shadow but you still kited me and used heals. l2spar and I see I am not the onnly one that thinks you spam heals regardless of opponent think about it. Btw what is this hatred against flayer? rofl
    1. cd;s in spars are not only class related.. Use of pots or racial skills can also be noted as "things not to use". You sure you didnt pot m9? You sure? xD
    2. YOU SPARRED the FIRST FIGHTS IN SHADOW?!?!?!?!?!?!? Pictures please, because never happend?
    3. As I recall, you sparred me first in flayer.. In this spar I might used tar as counter, but the bubbling proved me wrong and you won. The fight after that may happend the same and afterwards I used cd's aswell. You changed stance and you lost with using of pots etc etc. (Please correct me)
    4. You seen the loremasters on this server? Such ezmoding indeed and such learning from other sparring lrm's. Dat skillz.
    5. I spam heals???? XD? ROFL? You clearly never ever saw me sparring
    6. No hatred against flayer wargs. But flayer wargs are just like blue lrm/blue guard/blue minstrel(not really best examples but I hope u get the point) in spar. If you dont understand that, then you seriously dont understand a warg at all. Please ask affwyn how he thinks about flayer wargs in spars. He is one of the best wargs I have ever seen and I think he is with me on this one, so ask him for advice if you need it xD.
    7. Where is the answer??? I asked for a spar m8. I have nothing to lose, you?
    Lore-master rank 14
    Proud leader of Odyssey

I did not ooc you, you must know grams doors are made for creeps to get out, sadly, for you, the last lot of times I've been on, and were not many, I was alone. About your fight with Ahtaaja... well, south TR is not a place I must consider "let it be, it's a spar", obviously I could choose to not fight, but the main thing is nobody told it's a spar to make me get back, your opponent just dropped back and, all my damage gout outhealed, but that's a thing a r4 lm can do, if you use wl on spars or not, it's not of my interest, btw, it's fun having you here xd
    Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)

Hum, lets recap this. My 1v1 vs you with I used wk might be the moment where 1. you hugged grams, ooc called me and got me just down at lug bd with 5? Gj or 2. Where I ran into moors I found ahtaaja with a lot of creeps nearby, you interfered in that fight and well XD You found the reason why you shouldnt interfere. But yes this thread is more funny with me, I agree

1. cd;s in spars are not only class related.. Use of pots or racial skills can also be noted as "things not to use". You sure you didnt pot m9? You sure? xD
    2. YOU SPARRED the FIRST FIGHTS IN SHADOW?!?!?!?!?!?!? Pictures please, because never happend?
    3. As I recall, you sparred me first in flayer.. In this spar I might used tar as counter, but the bubbling proved me wrong and you won. The fight after that may happend the same and afterwards I used cd's aswell. You changed stance and you lost with using of pots etc etc. (Please correct me)
    4. You seen the loremasters on this server? Such ezmoding indeed and such learning from other sparring lrm's. Dat skillz.
    5. I spam heals???? XD? ROFL? You clearly never ever saw me sparring
    6. No hatred against flayer wargs. But flayer wargs are just like blue lrm/blue guard/blue minstrel(not really best examples but I hope u get the point) in spar. If you dont understand that, then you seriously dont understand a warg at all. Please ask affwyn how he thinks about flayer wargs in spars. He is one of the best wargs I have ever seen and I think he is with me on this one, so ask him for advice if you need it xD.
    7. Where is the answer??? I asked for a spar m8. I have nothing to lose, you?
    you clearly dont know what you speak of. I wont spar you i told you why. L2spar

you clearly dont know what you speak of. I wont spar you i told you why. L2spar
    Agreed.. Remco, infact... learn to play AT ALL, before you choose to stand up against such godlike players <3
    [B] ILACIAH - R13 [/B]
    [B]Raid Leader[/B]
    [B]Knights Of The White Tree[/B]

Ladies please, you are derailing the thread. It's actually a nice idea so please stop ruining it with petty disagreements. If you don't like the way someone else spars then just don't spar him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepheastus View Post
    Ladies please, you are derailing the thread. It's actually a nice idea so please stop ruining it with petty disagreements. If you don't like the way someone else spars then just don't spar him/her.
    Made the thread more interesting though, but you are right Heph. Sorry for going so off topic in this thread.
    Lore-master rank 14
    Proud leader of Odyssey

Great to see that people are still actively interested in The Moors on Evernight,

The thread's derailed slightly, cheers Heph for setting it back on its course. The last week has been busy enough and I had no time to update the OP with all the suggestions from both veterans with their age-brewed wisdom and new players with fresh ideas.

The next sparring event will be held on February 6th.

Now that the date has been set, I would like to give my two cents about the test run and the dung-flinging ape action that followed. First of all the whole idea was to include classes and players that constantly miss out on an opportunity of a fair fight, so by mitigating the randomness of regular pvp and introducing teamplay into the mix, low ranked players and classes that would never stand a chance in a fight would be able to test their skill without looking over their shoulder even if only twice a month. The rules will be set in stone before the following event, so that there will be no grievances or misunderstandings. Those that will choose to attend will be the people that are aware that Turbine would not recognise "balance" if it came up and slapped it across the mug, however there will always be someone feeling he was cheated out of his victory.

Then there is a slight issue of having nobody to organise and randomise groups on the freep side, but issue will be resolved as people will start getting used to the whole idea. Even though both sides had a prevailing number of certain classes, I believe the most of the group spars were both fun to watch and to compete in. Our group fought against three RKs and a LM, was a blast even if we lost two out of three times.

The essence is to enjoy the thrill of the small group spars, winning or being bested is not that important as long as we keep rotating tthe players between groups.

Tomorrow I will update the OP with some of the 'rules' other players suggested and that I happen to agree with on the most part.

Made the thread more interesting though, but you are right Heph. Sorry for going so off topic in this thread.
    Update the leaderboard

Wink

Edited the OP, allow me to accent the importance of the new rules, there will be players of all ranks, classes, ages; the most will not be having a clue as to the proper unwritten rules of spars especially since they were created by players themselves, a biased decision if there ever was one.
    In order to make sure nobody is sour over a misunderstanding all the rules on skills are off. All the classes can enjoy the freedom of fighting at their full potential, as long as we keep the ban on buffs and potion usage. Just as any of us would do if we happened to turn a croner of TR and encounter a group of opposing players roughly the same size.
    As long as it is a skill, use it.

Edited the OP, allow me to accent the importance of the new rules, there will be players of all ranks, classes, ages; the most will not be having a clue as to the proper unwritten rules of spars especially since they were created by players themselves, a biased decision if there ever was one.
    In order to make sure nobody is sour over a misunderstanding all the rules on skills are off. All the classes can enjoy the freedom of fighting at their full potential, as long as we keep the ban on buffs and potion usage. Just as any of us would do if we happened to turn a croner of TR and encounter a group of opposing players roughly the same size.
    Tbh the spar rules kind of work as they are, the point of spars imo is a pure dps race just use skills that do damage cc only if both parties are doing it, no way we can start the dreaded i win skills type spars agree ?

Can give it a go but good luck getting a gard or ward down if they troll traited and use all cds or a burg blowing every skill inc stealth hips t&g reflect reset etc etc etc never going to work lets stick to the dps race with a little cc if agreed on both parties.

just my opinion
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like I'l never be losing a spar then
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    Celem - R6 - Champion
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

All skills go, unless you are playing a reaver. Using disarm vs Pouch ,will make him log creep and call you names :/

The original Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by Celembar View Post
    Looks like I'll never be losing a spar then
    Seems like people keep forgetting these are 2vs2 and 3vs3+ spars, also it comes down to common sense when grouping.

One more addition, no in-combat rezzes are allowed (that a certain RK used during tryouts).
    Whenever you are in the Moors you use all of the skills available to you, that is what pvp is all about. If you are out looking for solo spars and easy comms, skip this event as to avoid confusion.

My group was up against Bull, Tanick, Garra and Tanalin. We failed miserably 3 out of 4 times, but the fights were exciting to participate in and to watch. A rich mix of classes and ranks will be the key to the quality of entertainment. Bring your tribies, kinnies and try to mix and match.

Once again, these are not 1vs1 spars, do not complain if people do not play by your rules.

Just to make it clear, if you and your mate run into a couple of creeps, somewhere off Gtol, I am sure only one side will leave the fight alive and I doubt you will be keeping your skills in check.

P.s. not a stab at you Celem, just using your post to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    All skills go, unless you are playing a reaver. Using disarm vs Pouch ,will make him log creep and call you names :/
    See you on friday....or maybe you won't show ?

Use disarm if you need it i will just dps as normal kk m8 rofl like a ninja bud chaps cool

Seems like people keep forgetting these are 2vs2 and 3vs3+ spars, also it comes down to common sense when grouping.

One more addition, no in-combat rezzes are allowed (that a certain RK used during tryouts).
    Whenever you are in the Moors you use all of the skills available to you, that is what pvp is all about. If you are out looking for solo spars and easy comms, skip this event as to avoid confusion.

My group was up against Bull, Tanick, Garra and Tanalin. We failed miserably 3 out of 4 times, but the fights were exciting to participate in and to watch. A rich mix of classes and ranks will be the key to the quality of entertainment. Bring your tribies, kinnies and try to mix and match.

Once again, these are not 1vs1 spars, do not complain if people do not play by your rules.

Just to make it clear, if you and your mate run into a couple of creeps, somewhere off Gtol, I am sure only one side will leave the fight alive and I doubt you will be keeping your skills in check.

So group events we popping all np but lets stick to the dps race type spars for the 1v1s.

do you realise that in use all sitiation a ballanced freeep group will crush(read troll) ballanced gruop if both sides are of equal skill level. if its a spar do it like spar, else go roam and do what you want. Also u say dont use this but u still say to people not to expect other people to play by their rules, why should anyone play by yours?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast