We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character First Name Change

Has the store ever offered a discount on changing a character's first name? 995 TP seems awfully high for just changing a name (although maybe it is set so high to be prohibitive, so people don't constantly change their character names).

I would really like to change the first name of my dwarf Guardian, though, since I named him after an old PBEM character that I just feel no connection to anymore - should have put more thought into the naming back when I was Beta testing LOTRO, but the PBEM name was readily available.
    [color=violet]GOING BOLDLY INTO MORDOR TO ROAST SOME SMORES!![/color]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000003283/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Name changes are a Premium Service and not specifically an in-game store item. Even though they only sell it through the in-game store for TP and no longer accept cash for it, this is probably due to it being the only Premium Service that is fully automated. As such, I would suspect that the price is determined by the Premium Services department and not the in-game store people. So the in-game store folks have no control over the price.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."