We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Replace Rangers with War-Steed (Session Play)

I think we can all agree the Rangers are fail. A ranked Creep can solo a Ranger, and a small group can take out a Ranger within seconds. Their skills are limited and ineffective. The only reason I ever played Ranger was for stealth and ranged attacks.

Options :

A-Replace Rangers with mounted combat

B-Overhaul Rangers

I vote option A

While riding around oneshotting creeps sounds fun, i think warsteeds might be a bit too powerful for the moors. Plus, rangers are weaksause but so are trolls. I vote B and also for a troll overhaul.
    Mellichae - R12 Champion
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000044ff6/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by eskla View Post
    While riding around oneshotting creeps sounds fun, i think warsteeds might be a bit too powerful for the moors. Plus, rangers are weaksause but so are trolls. I vote B and also for a troll overhaul.
    Obviously some adjustments would need to be made to a PVP War-Steed

Turbine went to all the trouble of creating mounted combat...why not include this somehow in PVP? Session play seems the only logical way to make it happen

Delete both Trolls and Rangers and add a Goblin War-Rider to Creepside to counter the War-Steed

I like the troll for RvR CC. Its cool to punt champs all over the place so they cant hit their target. Ranger on the other hand is kinda useless in RvR. The only good thing a ranger can do is mark the focus target. So I vote B.

Fix what you have before you add more.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post

Fix what you have before you add more.
    Or delete the fail and replace with win.

Quote Originally Posted by PureWorgNakh View Post
    I think we can all agree the Rangers are fail. A ranked Creep can solo a Ranger, and a small group can take out a Ranger within seconds. Their skills are limited and ineffective. The only reason I ever played Ranger was for stealth and ranged attacks.

Options :

A-Replace Rangers with mounted combat

B-Overhaul Rangers

I vote option A
    I think its a brilliant idea.

In tandem with this the nazgul session play should be brought in.

Up to 9 creeps can play mounted nazgul riding fell beasts that give off 10 dread across the battlefield below them. In addition to being able to pick up 4 freeps at a time and drop them to instant death, the make any horse below them panic and run out of control.

Any freep stuck by a landed nazgul is, after 1 day, taken from the freeps account and given to a creepside player's account randomly for use on the moors against the freeps. The freep player never sees control of that toon again. This can be circumvented by spending an unbroken month afk on a bed in rivendell if the toon is a hobbit.

If a nazgul is killed during session it just respawns instantly as a ground-based nazgul wraith with all the same abilities but cannot drop freeps to the ground, instead it grey bars all freeps for 200m and forces a dismount on them.

Its ideas like yours and mine could drive this game back from oblivion to top notch.
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Jun 07 2013 at 01:02 PM.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    I think its a brilliant idea.

In tandem with this the nazgul session play should be brought in.

Up to 9 creeps can play mounted nazgul riding fell beasts that give off 10 dread across the battlefield below them. In addition to being able to pick up 4 freeps at a time and drop them to instant death, the make any horse below them panic and run out of control.

Any freep stuck by a landed nazgul is, after 1 day, taken from the freeps account and given to a creepside player's account randomly for use on the moors against the freeps. The freep player never sees control of that toon again. This can be circumvented by spending an unbroken month afk on a bed in rivendell if the toon is a hobbit.

If a nazgul is killed during session it just respawns instantly as a ground-based nazgul wraith with all the same abilities but cannot drop freeps to the ground, instead it grey bars all freeps for 200m and forces a dismount on them.

Its ideas like yours and mine could drive this game back from oblivion to top notch.
    And add a 0cd instant cast that kills ever freep on every server and makes all your players rank 15?
    Rofl this post made me laugh haha that wouldn't be op at all
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    And add a 0cd instant cast that kills ever freep on every server and makes all your players rank 15?
    Rofl this post made me laugh haha that wouldn't be op at all
    L2sarcasm plox.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

while both rangers and trolls are too weak to usually be of any use. hits like this would make Mounted combat in moors impossible to balance. Doomofgab scored a devastating hit with Destabilizing Strike on Wold Ruffian for 30,122 (15,061 from 1,000 Fury) Beleriand damage to Morale.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

remove troll/ranger, see i solved problem quick fix.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/292210100000e45c9/signature.png]Itzybytzy[/charsig]
    JonXu Hunter r11,Viplala Runekeeper r11 Vihatud warg r10 + everything else below rank 10

Session players should be extremely dangerous

Why pay 500 Comms if not ? Make it free if Session Play is weaker than a Freep or Creep

you guys make it sound like Turbine is interested in fixing PvMP
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval