We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is the Lottery done for good or is it coming back?

Just wondering if the lotteries that we would enter (usually once or twice a week) through the website are ever coming back. I know we have a different sort of lottery system in-game now and that's fine. My question is: does that replace the former lotteries or are they coming back? I don't really have an opinion either way I'd just like to know.

If the old lotteries are indeed gone for good, then I'd like to suggest that you please take down that part of the website so that we players don't feel compelled to have to log on and check it every couple days to see if there's a new one. Thanks!

The lottery as it exists with the current web site is toast. Trying to fix it the exiting implementation is not worth the trouble.

Turbine's plan which been in work for at least a couple months now is to build a new web site that is easier to maintain with less functionality that works for everyone. Hopefully this web site will launch within in the next couple of weeks. When it does hopefully we will have lotto again.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The lottery as it exists with the current web site is toast. Trying to fix it the exiting implementation is not worth the trouble.

Turbine's plan which been in work for at least a couple months now is to build a new web site that is easier to maintain with less functionality that works for everyone. Hopefully this web site will launch within in the next couple of weeks. When it does hopefully we will have lotto again.
    ^ Pretty much this.

Thumbs down

I really don't like the hobbit presents. Much rather have them bring back the lottery. Lottery rewards were much better, IMO.
    At least lottery stuff could be sold if I couldn't use them.
    Ah, well. Just another reason why I don't play very much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodrick View Post
    I really don't like the hobbit presents. Much rather have them bring back the lottery. Lottery rewards were much better, IMO.
    At least lottery stuff could be sold if I couldn't use them.
    Ah, well. Just another reason why I don't play very much anymore.
    Did you see Sapience's recent posts in this thread?
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...e-lottery.-But.....

To sum up what Sapience said, the issue with character's levels not updating is one of the big reasons that there have been no lotteries. Sapience also mentions there being a beta version of the new lotteries in the second post. Which basically means that hobbit presents have not replaced the lotteries; they've just been having problems with the lotteries.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisli View Post
    Did you see Sapience's recent posts in this thread?
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...e-lottery.-But.....

To sum up what Sapience said, the issue with character's levels not updating is one of the big reasons that there have been no lotteries. Sapience also mentions there being a beta version of the new lotteries in the second post. Which basically means that hobbit presents have not replaced the lotteries; they've just been having problems with the lotteries.

This is correct. Lotteries should return after they implement the new forums. At least that's what I've read from other post.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I moved this out of suggestions and into the lottery and forum area.

For anyone who hasn't read it yet, I made a pretty clear and specific post about what was happening with the websites, and the lottery sticking around is there: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ms-and-MyLOTRO

The timeline has shifted, but everything in that post is still accurate.