We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: op's

op's

Credit to reapor for this one. If buffs remain, give the side without renown bonus's the masteries.

I.e. If creeps control id, id op is creep until keep is flipped; ae-tr, riv-lug, hh-lc.

That is it, discuss.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

I dont see the logic in that to be honest.

The more keeps you own for renown/infamy buffs, the more the other side gets mastery buffs to fight you in them and offset the bonuses you get... think about it.

It stops one side, whichever one dominating all buffs and allows for better pvp.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Well i got a better sollution

Why dont we kick out the pve from the pvp zone ^^?

Your in the wrong thread then, thats the "buffs" one.

However, the advantage of the ops being linked to keeps gives any side with many keeps hugging a penalty and discourages pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    Your in the wrong thread then, thats the "buffs" one.

However, the advantage of the ops being linked to keeps gives any side with many keeps hugging a penalty and discourages pve.
    No i am not.

Those buffs are obtained by PvE~ing and anyway why should we give the side that didnt do anything a boost? Creeps or Freeps wasted some time for them no need to buff the other side.

Well,

I don't know about tying an OP's control with a corresponding keep, but what I would do is add an additional OP to make the number an "odd" number. Having an even number of OP's seems to have created some sort of unwritten agreement on some servers between freeps and creeps that the numbers remain 2 and 2. Not sure how often this occurs, but perhaps something along the lines of the # of OP's controlled x an exponentially increasing multiplier may make it more worthwhile to flip and defend OP's, as I believe Turbine originally had planned. The intent would be one side is always at a advantage / disadvantage and would have to constantly manage control of keeps and OP's to retain the advantage.

Also, perhaps give the side at a disadvantage some other buff to stay in the fight. I have seen instances where control of both rez circles by one side or the other occurs, and folks log out of frustration at having to "walk" (or map) from either GV or Grams, (or have the situation turn into a Grams or GV camp). And of course you always hear in OOC chat, "don't flip TR or Lugz or the other side will log." Maybe giving a +5% attack buff or something similar to the side with no rez circles would help.

I know the examples I used are not always the case, but perhaps these are some additional items to consider. Some folks just want constant PvP, which is fun and great, (I include myself in that group), but strategy induced buffs should also be factored in as well to keep gameplay ever changing and interesting. Otherwise all you have is a stats and skill based / button mash / chances of crit or devastating hit type game, where the guy or gal who hits the right sequence of buttons and pots and gets lucky wins. What you lose is the ability of the game play to constantly change ~ soon becomes boring.

In addition, while some Creeps complain about getting crushed between ranks 1 - 8, keep in mind it takes freeps quite a while to level up to 85, (soon 95), get good gear, max out on virtues, etc. This means a considerable investment of time and effort. It makes sense that someone who just downloaded LOTRO would be able to login their first time, roll a Creep, and start crushing freeps. On the reverse, perhaps some sort of system of scaling infamy for leveled freeps and creeps would also be a great addition, meaning a rank 0 "Greenie" = 50 infamy, whereas the rank 15 "Master of the Moors" would be worth an upwards of 500-600 infamy.

Thoughts?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f4d9b/signature.png]Chargatul[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    No i am not.

Those buffs are obtained by PvE~ing and anyway why should we give the side that didnt do anything a boost? Creeps or Freeps wasted some time for them no need to buff the other side.
    Yes you are, the remove all the buffs thread is much better placed to remove incentives for pve, but if you are sticking with this one...

Outposts would no longer be flipped by pve = less pve.
    Flipping many keeps would increase opponents masteries = encourages less pve
    Having more masteries = more able to fight in keeps and ignore npcs = less effect of pve.

The side that pve's less would be getting buffs to counter pve map control, lets just look at marrying your two statements here:

How about removing pve - these buffs are for pve'ing, why give anything to the side that didn't do anything. That is kinda utterly contradicting the spirit of each statement.

Just take a deep breath and think about it. The side that is getting more renown/infamy for keep control is offsetting that advantage by the opposition getting more powerful dps and heals. The more balanced the map, the more even the fights, less pve.

If you want less pve this proposal makes complete sense.

As for why give somethig to the side that didn't do anything? well this smacks of a domination mentality. The current system encourages one side to have the numbers and own the map. This will carry on until the other side gets teh numbers and dominates the map. Each time the side with the advantage gets the most. This enourages both zerg and pve for domination.

Change that to the above and it encourages less pve and better quality pvp. Any player who does not love playing in a domination based environment could see that.

Good point, especially the NPC issue. Perhaps tie the overall strength or weakness (numbers) of a "sides" NPC's to the number of Player flipped / controlled OP's or keeps. Keep folks from fighting from OC or EC and get cracking on domination style of PvP play if they have like two NPC's covering their back in a certain location due to a lack of strategically controlled points, (e.g. keeps and OP's).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f4d9b/signature.png]Chargatul[/charsig]

I disagree with this, I think that OPs and keeps should remain seperate. Other ways of strengthening the losing side should be found.

It's player vs. player. Sides shouldn't be rewarded battle-buffs at all. It creates imbalance. Renown/Infamy buffs don't effect the actual battles, but reward players another way, so those should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I disagree with this, I think that OPs and keeps should remain seperate. Other ways of strengthening the losing side should be found.
    Like? OP's are tedious and a pve spam element, making them offset keep domination and diffuse hugging is not a bad thing. Unless you are someone inclined to take all the buffs you can get, then hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    It's player vs. player. Sides shouldn't be rewarded battle-buffs at all. It creates imbalance. Renown/Infamy buffs don't effect the actual battles, but reward players another way, so those should stay.
    Renown buffs still encourage domination style play and create imbalance. By buffing those who own keeps and renown/inf buffs it encourages player versus player and helps offset keeps being part of pve for domination culture.