We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crickhollow RP Hub (Collection of all things RP)

So, I went through everything here in the Crickhollow forum today looking for something like this. We don't have one. While we do have a site similar to the Laurelin Archives, it has no content and hasn't been updated since F2P went active, by the looks of it.

So, want this thread to be able to be a one-stop center for everything RP-related, instead of having to sift through everything.

Kinships:
    Second Breakfast: http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.com/
    Mist and Shadow: http://mistandshadow.guildlaunch.com/
    Durin's Folk (All Dwarf kinship): http://durinsfolk.onlinewebshop.net/index.html
    Daro a Maetho (All Elf kinship): http://daroamaetho.guildlaunch.com/

Events:
    Elevenses: Hosted by Second Breakfast at the Bird & Baby Inn in the Shire on Sundays at 11 am, and Mondays at 11 pm for food, dancing, and music. (Times in EST)

Bread & Jam Session: Head to the Prancing Pony on Fridays between 8 and 10 pm for music, dance, ale, and food.

If you think I should add something, please let me know. This is my first attempt at something like this.
    Last edited by Elben; Jun 19 2013 at 12:54 PM.

When I saw this, I was thinking you were talking about the main hangouts. lol

Nope, but I could add those, I guess. People do seem curious to find out where those are.

Updated with several kinships and events.

The current state of rp on Crickhollow

At the time this thread was originally created, back in the Summer of last year, role-playing on Crickhollow was still fairly active. A player could visit the Prancing Pony at least and expect to find something going on there.. characters standing around engaged in dialogue, etc. At least a couple of players transferred their characters over to Landroval at that time. And now when I see others with white rp text its almost always safe to assume that these players are not interested in role-playing but instead prefer the white rp text so as to make their character stand out more. Is this true?

Is rp completely dead on our server? Is there any chance of reviving something? Players' characters need not be in the same kinship to rp together, though it helps. It may be best that they aren't though so that the politics which so often taints kinships doesn't get in the way. A GuildLaunch page might even be created for players who want to rp together without necessarily forming a new group. Another option would be for players who are interested in roleplaying to all create new characters and form a role-playing group together, and after a general theme has been decided, to create a new kinship for that purpose.
    Last edited by Breeon; Jan 27 2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: outdated info

Elevenses and Bread & Jam are still alive, but they generally only offer light RP to go along with the focus on music. I still see interest in RP even if there are only limited outlets, and I've heard that Daro a Maetho is gearing up again. Even the Pony has some life every now and then, but as a passive observer I can't say if they would see another interested party as a mere interloper.

If you decide to get something going, I'll certainly pass it along to my kinmates and put you in touch with interested parties. It isn't really a part of my own play, but I do know people who would love to get involved if someone is willing to lead the charge again.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at http://lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & http://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Second Breakfast's weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I would have replied sooner but I had a problem with my forum-reply function.

Daro a Maetho is still kicking, though we're not large and the type of RP we do isn't as commonplace. I personally am not a big fan of tavern-RP, I want to keep my character in places she would be, and I am more interested in her being "her" so to speak.. larger plotlines and so forth.

I think Crickhollow needs some larger 'stories' that we can be a part of, but I have no idea how said stories would be rallied.

Anyone's free to message me in-game though if you want to talk, I'm Lossenelenwen. ^^

On a side note, I'm writing a very in-depth Elvish RP guide. It's a big project though, may be a month or two at least...

RP-ing Organized Trade Relations

Quote Originally Posted by Elvishmouse View Post
    I think Crickhollow needs some larger 'stories' that we can be a part of, but I have no idea how said stories would be rallied.
    I think a larger server-wide plot-line involving organized trade relations of war preparations or some such thing could work as another way of tapping into unimagined rp-ing potential, uniting players of different backgrounds, and keeping kinships (especially rp ones) from getting too insular. A campaign across or between kinships, and races (more importantly), could be something as simple as exchange between parties of wares and materials for whatever purposes each decides. Rare plants for some medicinal salve, whatever. How extensive a sub-group wanted to get (i.e. outside of the overarching storyline) would be entirely up to them. While it might take your elf out of Rivendell, for example, parties might meet at agreeable locations.. if Hobbits and Elves were meeting it might be set in the Bree-Fields somewhere.. Elves and Men, the Lone-Lands, etc. It could even become a regular event.

I would like to see this develop into actual trade of crafting materials, components, goods and services between players and kinships, but that is another matter entirely perhaps.

Looking forward to your Elvish RP Guide also. Glad you have time to work on it.
    Last edited by Breeon; Jan 30 2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: additional comment

Yes! A larger RP story would definitely help it out, and connect RPers to each other. Pulling it off might be a little more difficult though, since everyone's seems to be dispersed quite a bit. Maybe it if was organized far ahead enough, enough people could be informed with enough time to pull everyone together.

Quote Originally Posted by Elben View Post
    Yes! A larger RP story would definitely help it out, and connect RPers to each other. Pulling it off might be a little more difficult though, since everyone's seems to be dispersed quite a bit. Maybe it if was organized far ahead enough, enough people could be informed with enough time to pull everyone together.
    My last post was at the end of January. How far out in advance would something have to be organized? O.o
    ~ Landroval is calling :P

I know, but I've not had access to the forums on my school laptop.

Probably quite a while, I think. Perhaps several months?

Yes, Landroval is definitely calling.