We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Well Guys, It's Official...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...88#post6814688

Go to the very end of the thread. I was able to dig out answers, even though most of us probably knew in our heart and mind it wasn't going to be. I just thought I'd let you know. It seems it is better to post in the Expansion forums about pvp rather than the actual pvp forums :P.

They told us this numerous times before.

Yeah this has been official for more than a year. Anyone that has said anything else has been ignoring post after post.

Sorry mate, but they didn't exactly bury the lead on this. A new map I don't think has ever been highest on the list of the desire of pvmp'ers. I would think balance, some meta mechanics and the addition of creep classes would rate higher. To me and I think a fair amount of others, installing a new pvmp map on a broken system would be like building a car when all the roads are in disrepair.

Plus if you think about it, given all the turnover turbine sees in PVMP, there's a pretty strong argument to be made that there will never need to be a new zone because the old zone is a new zone to a substantial number of the players who will play it. Perpetually.

So is this now 2 more posts to reference when someone asks the exact same question again in a few months? Go ahead though, keep asking the same question a hundred times and see if the answer changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    They told us this numerous times before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwyxzl View Post
    Yeah this has been official for more than a year. Anyone that has said anything else has been ignoring post after post.
    Just wanted to make it reOFFICIAL lol .

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    I would think balance, some meta mechanics and the addition of creep classes would rate higher. To me and I think a fair amount of others, installing a new pvmp map on a broken system would be like building a car when all the roads are in disrepair.

Plus if you think about it, given all the turnover turbine sees in PVMP, there's a pretty strong argument to be made that there will never need to be a new zone because the old zone is a new zone to a substantial number of the players who will play it. Perpetually.
    Yeah, we haven't had a new creep class in 5 years heh. It's been 6 years and they havent quite figured out the balance thing yet out either :P. If they put it in when they promised to though, when pvp was actually somewhat decent and balanced, it might have worked, but alas.

You're right about the perpetual "newness" to new players. Turbine knows that the newer players won't care since they are new, and they don't mind making us older players expendable sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt78 View Post
    So is this now 2 more posts to reference when someone asks the exact same question again in a few months? Go ahead though, keep asking the same question a hundred times and see if the answer changes.
    If we could sticky this thread, then people won't ask the same question, least I won't. Besides, what is anyone else doing on these pvp forums besides QQing :P?

How have you all not lost faith yet...?

I bet the next major PvMP update from tubine will be adding new and very exciting ranks! Then 2 weeks later we will have a bunch of R20 freeps and creeps because they can farm quests...

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    How have you all not lost faith yet...?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ix03iJm3Bw

...But Turbine has crushed it and blown it into oblivion.

Boo hoo?

WTB Annuminas as new PvMP map :P

Posting for the sake of posting, alright~

as a 6 year player and chronic lobotomy sufferer i was really hoping this time would have been it, darn
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    Boo hoo?
    More like QQ :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    WTB Annuminas as new PvMP map :P
    That be cool. Obv never gonna happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    Posting for the sake of posting, alright~
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    as a 6 year player and chronic lobotomy sufferer i was really hoping this time would have been it, darn
    Same.

In my opinion, the only way not just the PvmP part of our game, but also the PvE part, will ever improve in terms of taking account of what players input, will be if a different company take over the license to develop the game. As it is, Turbine have the license until 2014, with the legal right to extend it to 2017. Details were posted here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/02...-lotr-license/ as well as on lotro.com here: http://archive.lotro.com/news/pressr...d-relationship Middle Earth Enterprises, the licence bestowers, can be found here: http://www.middleearth.com/ I would suggest an organised campaign aimed at Middle Earth Enterprises utilising one of several of the most widely-accepted petition websites to campaign with one voice. If there really are a substantial number of players who do NOT wish turbine to continue with the licence, they should seriously consider this as an option and address the organ grinders themselves at Middle Earth Enterprises. A number of players have already indicated they are willing to start the push to organize such a campaign apparently, and will be, I take it, notifying us all so that we may should we wish add our names. When other game developer bidders step forward with an interest in this particular license, it will then be possible to add our support to their bid. For players who believe Turbine can really be brought to reality in terms of what players think, want etc, a similarly implemented petition can always also be addressed to the President & CEO of Turbine directly, Jim Crowley, if they feel those below him in the pecking order are seriously damaging the prospects for the game, especially in terms of losing players to very poor community relations and dire development focus. He can be reached here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesjcrowley or by writing to him at Turbine directly. Or, even better, write to Kevin Tsujihara, CEO, Warner Bros, kevin.tsujihara@warnerbros.com It will be interesting to see if those who are really in charge share the same mocking, rebarbative disdain for player's opinions as some of the lower Turbine employees.
    Last edited by Mournsigh; Jun 08 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    In my opinion, the only way not just the PvmP part of our game, but also the PvE part, will ever improve in terms of taking account of what players input, will be if a different company take over the license to develop the game. As it is, Turbine have the license until 2014, with the legal right to extend it to 2017. Details were posted here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/02...-lotr-license/ as well as on lotro.com here: http://archive.lotro.com/news/pressr...d-relationship Middle Earth Enterprises, the licence bestowers, can be found here: http://www.middleearth.com/ I would suggest an organised campaign aimed at Middle Earth Enterprises utilising one of several of the most widely-accepted petition websites to campaign with one voice. If there really are a substantial number of players who do NOT wish turbine to continue with the licence, they should seriously consider this as an option and address the organ grinders themselves at Middle Earth Enterprises. A number of players have already indicated they are willing to start the push to organize such a campaign apparently, and will be, I take it, notifying us all so that we may should we wish add our names. When other game developer bidders step forward with an interest in this particular license, it will then be possible to add our support to their bid. For players who believe Turbine can really be brought to reality in terms of what players think, want etc, a similarly implemented petition can always also be addressed to the President & CEO of Turbine directly, Jim Crowley, if they feel those below him in the pecking order are seriously damaging the prospects for the game, especially in terms of losing players to very poor community relations and dire development focus. He can be reached here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesjcrowley or by writing to him at Turbine directly. Or, even better, write to Kevin Tsujihara, CEO, Warner Bros, kevin.tsujihara@warnerbros.com It will be interesting to see if those who are really in charge share the same mocking, rebarbative disdain for player's opinions as some of the lower Turbine employees.
    I really doubt a serious company would jump in to 'save the day' when Turbine 'abandons ship'...

The game as it is at the moment needs a massive revamp, to be considered as a competitive game in the MMO market. To do that they would have to re-work mechanics, reset achievements and pvp ranks, and change whole systems.

It would be a lot easier for a company to just create a new game that takes place in Middle Earth, than revamp Lotro..

If Turbine gives the right to another company, I would expect to see stuff like selling top-tier armours in the store, or being able to buy things only obtainable from the store that have gamebreaking results. With the game 'changing hands' every two years...

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post

It would be a lot easier for a company to just create a new game that takes place in Middle Earth, than revamp Lotro..
    I wouldn't mind seeing this. Anything is better than this at this point.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me 121,513,431 times...

Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me 121,513,431 times...
    Haha actually gotta good laugh outta that! So true tho !

Not sure how to drive the point home but heres a shot at it.

You guys pitching a fit about balance, save your breath. The ettenmoors are NOT mean to be balanced. In case you missed it there is a war going on and in war the tides of battle shift back and forth. If i could find the post about it id link it(love these 5 year old beta forums,the live release should make them super forums after the lengthy beta)but dont feel like it.

I have ranked freeps and creeps and people going on,mostly creepside, about how theyre not on par healing/dps as freeps. NO YOU DONT SAY??? Orcs and spiders(all creeps) arent masters of battle, their strength is from sheer numbers and in being like that they have a naturally default lower dps/heals. Moors really aren't mean to be solod i guess. That being said people in game have found ways to make solo viable.

Off that rant....

This game had/has so so much potential in the pvp market and its being neglected. Such a waste. What better basis for a pvp centric game(or one with a bigger focus towards pvp) than the war for middle earth?!! Epic battles not mindless npcs...
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Not sure how to drive the point home but heres a shot at it.

You guys pitching a fit about balance, save your breath. The ettenmoors are NOT mean to be balanced. In case you missed it there is a war going on and in war the tides of battle shift back and forth. If i could find the post about it id link it(love these 5 year old beta forums,the live release should make them super forums after the lengthy beta)but dont feel like it.

I have ranked freeps and creeps and people going on,mostly creepside, about how theyre not on par healing/dps as freeps. NO YOU DONT SAY??? Orcs and spiders(all creeps) arent masters of battle, their strength is from sheer numbers and in being like that they have a naturally default lower dps/heals. Moors really aren't mean to be solod i guess. That being said people in game have found ways to make solo viable.

Off that rant....

This game had/has so so much potential in the pvp market and its being neglected. Such a waste. What better basis for a pvp centric game(or one with a bigger focus towards pvp) than the war for middle earth?!! Epic battles not mindless npcs...
    The problem with saying that creeps are balanced to need sheer numbers ignores the fact that at no time on any server can you be absolutely certain that they will have numbers. I know that on silverlode I have experienced the freeps having the outnumbered buff exactly once. On the other hand I can remember an entire week where creepside had it. The majority of the time when I am on freeps outnumber creeps. Often it is not by much but under your thesis it means that we have little to no hope to win. This then further discourages creep players.

It is not about making it so that any class can solo. It is about creating an atmosphere where both sides can go out and feel that they can advance their characters / have fun on most days.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post

This ^. It slowly started fading away after Moria came out, yet the pvp was still pretty good until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyxzl View Post
    The problem with saying that creeps are balanced to need sheer numbers ignores the fact that at no time on any server can you be absolutely certain that they will have numbers. I know that on silverlode I have experienced the freeps having the outnumbered buff exactly once. On the other hand I can remember an entire week where creepside had it. The majority of the time when I am on freeps outnumber creeps. Often it is not by much but under your thesis it means that we have little to no hope to win. This then further discourages creep players.

It is not about making it so that any class can solo. It is about creating an atmosphere where both sides can go out and feel that they can advance their characters / have fun on most days.
    That ^. Problem is Qwy, majority of people (90%, being generous) like to easymode, so they will float towards the easier side, thus causing some of the population balance issues anyway. If they could not muck up things when they are going good, there would be no issues, but they have a knack for that.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Problem is Qwy, majority of people (90%, being generous) like to easymode, so they will float towards the easier side, thus causing some of the population balance issues anyway. If they could not muck up things when they are going good, there would be no issues, but they have a knack for that.
    I agree that there are a lot of easymode people. I know a couple of them There will always be those. And even worse, pvp attracts a higher percentage of them than pve.

Turbine has done nothing but exacerbate the situation. Ill give them credit for the moors changes and helping advance faster, but like radiance, was poorly implemented. The two main things are the outposts(pve to pvp?) and the fact that all these changes directly promote farming/cheating etc.

And now they've introduced First Age weapons through rank(which dont get me wrong I think its stellar that ranked people get some fluff for their time) which of course even further promotes farming. People wanna advance their characters and all that jazz but like what was said earlier, the ezmoders come a running.

Over here on gladden we're pretty adamant about looking out for farmers and whether its feed em to the wargs or shame them in global we police the best we can. Turbine needs to step up and take control of it,highly unlikely, but a hobbit can dream right?

All these things have brought people to the moors which is a good thing, except they want the easy road and if there is a bump then they jump ship. I think the lockout timer needs to go back(ease the flopping). But with that being said some of use do log over to another side and try to balance so the timer would hinder that.

/end rant
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"