We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Red face [MUSIC] There And Back Again - A Musical

In honor of Mister Bilbo Baggins's Birthday , Shire Rose and Hobbit Heart proudly present a unique musical performance of songs, tales and poems inspired by Bilbo Baggins's adventures. An evening in which an adaptation of Mister Bilbo Baggins's great adventure will be told in music and words for your enjoyment. Songs, poems and stories will bring to life the incredible adventures of Bilbo and his companions as written by him.

Date: September 22nd, 2013

Time: 8 pm ( British Summer Time) - 9 pm (CEST) - 3pm /servertime

Some of the main characters in the story will be enacted, others will be mentioned in the narration.

Characters in the story:

Bilbo Baggins the hobbit
    Gandalf the wizard
    Thorin Oakenshield, leader of the dwarves
    Elrond Half-Elven, master of Rivendell
    Gollum
    Smaug the Dragon
    Bard the Bowman
    Dwarwes : Dwalin, Balin, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur.
    The three trolls
    Beorn - a shape-shifter who helps the travellers
    The Elvenking, lord of the Elves of Mirkwood
    The Master of Lake Town
    The thrush
    Bard the Bowman
    Goblins
    Wargs
    The Lord of the Eagles

There And Back Again is a unique musical performance inspired by Bilbo's adventures in The Hobbit and adapted by Hobbit Heart for your pleasure. A musical and theatrical performance which will involve music, songs, tales and poems. It will be , of course, a simple version of a great story but we hope you will enjoy. All races are welcome. The performance will take place at The Party Tree on The Hill, in the Shire and will take approximately 2 hours.

The Hobbit or There And Back Again was originally a story Professor Tolkien wrote for his children. The book was published in 1937.It is a fantasy novel, a story of a heroic quest, a children's story....and , of course, a true hobbit tale

"I am personally immensely amused by hobbits as such, and can contemplate them eating and making their rather fatuous remarks indefinitely" - J.R.R.Tolkien

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"- Bilbo Baggins

"You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm quite fond of you. But you are really just a little fellow, in a wide world after all" - Gandalf

Please do come and join us to celebrate Bilbo Baggins's birthday and adventures.

There And Back Again, the main song of the musical

THERE AND BACK AGAIN 2012 Forum Thread
    Last edited by Amorey; Jun 30 2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: location update
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Wonderful! It is a little time ahead though, but hopefully I will be able to join

Only those who have hosted similar events know how much work, time and effort lies behind such events! Hopefully there will be a success as always. Recommend everyone to make a note in their calendar! Amorey's events are always, truly enjoyable!!
    -ACHAZIA-
    Songwriter in The Shades and my music at Soundcloud
    Contributer at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    Wonderful! It is a little time ahead though, but hopefully I will be able to join

Only those who have hosted similar events know how much work, time and effort lies behind such events! Hopefully there will be a success as always. Recommend everyone to make a note in their calendar! Amorey's events are always, truly enjoyable!!
    *hugs Achy's legs and smiles*

Thank you kindly Acky *cheers* indeed there is a lot of work that goes behind an event like this one, This year we hope for a few surprises too . Work in under way on a brand new trailer too, so stay tuned for more news in the following weeks/months. As a little 'teaser' for now just one of a series of storyboards for the trailer and the words of one of the songs we will performed called The Thrush Song that tells the story of how Bard The Bowman kills the dragon Smaug and saves Lake Town...

There And Back Again Story Board 1 by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr

The End Of The Golden by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr

On the shores of the big lake a town there lay
    Men and women there live, their children do play
    On the waters the moon shone ever so clear
    At the tall Lonely Mountain they looked up in fear
    At the tall Lonely Mountain they looked up in fear

"Smaug the dragon is coming, cut the bridges! To arms!"
    Warning trumpets did sound and raised the alarm.
    Fire leaped from the dragon's jaws, caused the people to flee
    "To arms, men!" Bard the Bowman said as the dragon he sees

Men were jumping in the water, swimming on to the shore
    Bard the Bowman did not move, shooting arrows galore
    His companions were leaving, his last arrow he drew
    As the small little thrush on his shoulder flew
    As the small little thrush on his shoulder flew

Little bird gently whispered in Bard's ear so soon
    "Aim for dragon's left breast in the light of the moon!"
    Arrow, black arrow, I saved you to last..."
    "Never you failed me, go now and fast!"

The great bow twanged, black arrow sped through the night
    Smaug the golden was hit, turned and crashed out of sight
    White hot steam leaped up from waters with a hiss sound
    Then silence returned, fires burning but safe was Lake Town

Nevermore dragon will rest on the gold in the halls
    Nevermore men will fear the mountain so tall
    Little bird and Black Arrow flew in to the night
    Smaug the Golden now dead forevermore out of sight
    Last edited by Amorey; Jun 12 2013 at 11:28 AM.
    Amorey

Too cool.

I must applaud you for this, it'll be sure to be a great event and musical! Count me in I'll be sure to come!

Could I ask which server this will be performed on? I see you play on laurelin, knowing in advance will give us all a chance to create a nice hobbit to come along and watch (especially for us non laurelin folks)

Edit: attack if the stupid obviously given the forum.... In fairness it was probably because I came here via dev tracker. Have you considered advertising to other server folks so we could do the above and join in the fun?
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; Jun 13 2013 at 03:26 AM.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

I am so glad to have another chance to see this! I sadly missed it last year.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Too cool.
    ohh some attention from the staff
    You put so much heart and love into this events, so you deserve all the recognision you get!

As the other says, why not announce it in the event thread aswell? To the other servers to see aswell?
    -ACHAZIA-
    Songwriter in The Shades and my music at Soundcloud
    Contributer at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Too cool.
    Most kind *cheers*

Quote Originally Posted by Achy
    ohh some attention from the staff
    You put so much heart and love into this events, so you deserve all the recognision you get!

As the other says, why not announce it in the event thread aswell? To the other servers to see aswell?
    Thank Achy *hugs*, yes , I will add the event there soon ™

So work is under way , including filming, writing, doodling, yodeling , eating lots of muffins etc etc. Our little brave hobbit finds himself having 13 dwarves and a wizard for dinner and he does not look very pleased with the prospect of the washing up and some strange adventure to find a treasure stolen by a dragon..

" I can't just go running off into the blue....I am a Bagginns of Bag End! "

Amorey

Red face

*waves and smiles*

Here is a little teaser trailer we made for There And Back Again

I want to thank you Lord Asudrom and the lads of the Durin's Folk for taking past in this first trailer, you are amazing!

A huge 'Thank You' also to Turbine for giving us a place where dreams come true.

I hope you like it, enjoy !

Amorey

That trailer is superb Amorey.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Red face Concerning The Stage

Quote Originally Posted by Phede View Post
    That trailer is superb Amorey.
    Thank you kindly Phede, was very fun to make we are working on a second trailer now and a few other things in preparation for the event. I am hoping to be able to announce the final cast by the middle of August.

The stage this year will be at Bag End, in the gardens for we thought the background there looks stunning

More updates soon

Last edited by Amorey; Jul 26 2013 at 05:50 AM.
    Amorey

Red face

And here is one more teaser trailer for There And Back Again

Once more a huge 'THANK YOU' to all my friends that kindly agreed to help and be part of this

Asudrom, Earinlin, Elorfin, Miluy, The Durin's Folk, Barckgrim and all the kind NPCs in game

I hope you like it !

EDIT: for some reason when I uploaded the trailer on YouTube there was a huge loss of quality -
    I did try to upload a second time but the issue was still there so here is the trailer on Vimeo in its original quality

Last edited by Amorey; Aug 15 2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: link fixed
    Amorey

*waves*

Just a little update about There And Back Again , if I may...

Our cast is now complete , all parts have been filled and will be announced very soon

Rehearsals are currently under way ....time flies, not long to go now

And is a bit more of our storyboard

Amorey

I'm afraid that according to this "Musical and Burrowwarming cancelled", that "There and Back Again" has been cancelled. It is not all bad news though, Miss Nannie and Miss Lina have organised this "A Harvest-Birthday Celebration!" in its stead, at 7:30 pm BST (2:30 ST) on 22nd September at the Appledores.

Unhappy

It is with utmost regret that I have to announce THERE AND BACK AGAIN 2013 has been cancelled.

After having invested many months of effort in planning this event for all of you, I am saddened to say that I have decided to cancel it following some unforeseen real life issues that require my full attention at the present time.

I would like to thank my friends for all their support and help in the preparation of THERE AND BACK AGAIN and the making of the trailers , and extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Amorey

With the coming of Bilbo's Birthday, and anniversary of his mysterious dissappearence, the little village of Hobbiton has been plagued by all sorts of unsavory tall folk poking and prying into Hobbit affairs. Most of us Hobbits have not discussed matters with tall folk but a few have been spreading all sorts of rumours and tales.

Bag-End has become the focus of much gossip from Lobilia Sackville-Baggins and with all the comings and goings I am sure it would have been difficult to perform what looked to be a magnificent performance.

Such a shame that this had to be canceled. I hope all your real life issues are resolved.

Please reschedule it as soon as you can! I am eager to see it.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.