We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hey you,not you,YOU yes you turbine i wanna tell ya something

First off this is a rant so if you dont wanna see it then dont read.

You changed the crit defence mechanism from chance to reduction in damage which is all well and fine. In doing so though you didnt fix skills that had effects on crits/dev with little to no way to reduce that chance.Those skills(pounce IHS) now pretty much proc all the time. Which wouldnt be SO bad but hey my brand, ya the thing i ranked for,doesnt work.

Did you know turbine that you cant pot a knockdown? Well i guess i could use my brand,oh wait,nvm.

You wont do anything to correct it and thats fine ill soldier on. But for future reference try and think game changes through.

Ill steal a quote from my glff, Little less game design from the broom pushers.

We're fine as freeps for now as the scales are tipped in our favor, but when they shift in the next update theyre going to shift too far.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

as a hunter i sympathize. i think they need a way to count knockdowns, such as a pot. or just change the warg pounce proc. to a stun(keeping topple as a knockdown).

they also need need to fix brands so they can be used in combat.

EDIT: when i say "they" i mean both sides in general. not just hunters. currently find footing, and SI are the only things that can counter(that i can think of off the top of my head)
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

first half of last line was good. freeps are never truly at a big disadvantage in my honest opinion. that being said I feel some sympathy for hunters, but all I can tell you is thanks to turbine making you basically the only freep class a creep might be able to kill alone you get picked on alot
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    first half of last line was good. freeps are never truly at a big disadvantage in my honest opinion. that being said I feel some sympathy for hunters, but all I can tell you is thanks to turbine making you basically the only freep class a creep might be able to kill alone you get picked on alot
    I have to agree, if I'm soloing I tend to avoid all other Freeps except a hunter. I know I stand a chance with a solo hunter so will attack. I think turbine does need to do some rebalancing but what will probably happen is an update that pushes the advantage too far in the creeps favour.... followed by a freep favoured updated...and so the cycle continues.
    SteamBear level 101 Defiler - Legion of Lost Souls
    Twitter @Judging_Jester

I know this thread is about not being able to pot a knock down.There are knock downs on both sides. Creeps have topple. Wardens have knock downs.

Essentially the moors is a dangerous place to solo for many players. Classes are not equal and the game was originally designed that way.

Hunters are in a bad place solo. My main is a hunter and doesn't pvmp.

CC has always been a freep advantage and still is imho. My main pvmp toon is a spider.

Brands and Insignias not working the same after the recent update. Is a case of be careful what you wish for you might just get it. So much QQ about brands being OP has been addressed by Turbine.
    Last edited by catrean; Jun 06 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000fd3e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have almost no trouble catching any creep solo and walking away while they lick their wounds at the rez. The most aggravating thing is sitting at max aud on a toon geared to the hilt and a rank nothing no aud comes up and knocks me down. Its the fact i have to just sit there watching him have a go at it which even that isnt too bad except when i get in 2v1 and know i can walk away from it except im gonna get knocked down 3 times.

I understand cc and thats well and fine. But ill beat anyone on any game in pvp......when theyre looking at a grey bar.

Turbine needs to think ideas through. Dont "Hey lets change this" but never ask "what does this mean for skills and game mechanics?"

I just have and always had a hatred of knockdowns, all CC should have a counter to it. Yes I know, SI and FF but I dont carry a pocket LM and im normally not on my burg.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader

I have almost no trouble catching any creep solo and walking away while they lick their wounds at the rez. The most aggravating thing is sitting at max aud on a toon geared to the hilt and a rank nothing no aud comes up and knocks me down. Its the fact i have to just sit there watching him have a go at it which even that isnt too bad except when i get in 2v1 and know i can walk away from it except im gonna get knocked down 3 times.

I understand cc and thats well and fine. But ill beat anyone on any game in pvp......when theyre looking at a grey bar.

Turbine needs to think ideas through. Dont "Hey lets change this" but never ask "what does this mean for skills and game mechanics?"

I just have and always had a hatred of knockdowns, all CC should have a counter to it. Yes I know, SI and FF but I dont carry a pocket LM and im normally not on my burg.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post

I think Turbine did think it through and there is a counter to it. The counter to it when you're alone is crumbling brands from the LOTRO store.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by DocLove View Post
    [img]you-mad-o.gif[/img]

[URL="http://s759.photobucket.com/user/ksjock/media/Grahams_Hierarchy_of_Disagreem entsvg.png.html"]

Clearly you're demonstrating how to not contribute beyond the 1st or possibly 2nd tier of the pyramid.
    Last edited by voalkrynn2; Jun 06 2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: deleted the eye sore gif from DocLove
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.