We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Highest DPS on Training Dummy

***RULES***
    • Level 75 training dummy only
    • All clickies allowed
    • Any consumables allowed
    • Only self buffs
    • Any armor switching allowed
    • 60 second and 120 second times
    • Please state how you traited (ex. 5r/2b)

My best so far is 4.3k at 60 seconds traited 5r/2b but I will be doing more attempts tomorrow. Give it your best shot. Varron of Brandywine has stated he can do over 6k DPS 80% of the time and I want to see if anyone can do over 5k consistently. Let the games begin! Max hit was over 20k

Had to crop to avoid cursing in kin chat

Please be honest! No falsified data if you get a parse around the 6k goal mark please enlarge your combat log so we can see you didn't AOE. Also if you do get it once try to get it twice and tell us how many attempts it took.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Jun 05 2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

You missed a bit with the cropping, good ol' Ati!

Let the Games Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    You missed a bit with the cropping, good ol' Ati!

Let the Games Begin!
    I don't really think this thread is all about ePeen and Yelk didn't start this thread to show off with his numbers. He only questions the validity of a claim that, if we are honest, we all know smells fishy. All Yelk wants to see is if getting close to 6k DPS is even remotely possible, especially since the guy in questions said he could reproduce it 80% of the time and then in another thread testified: "If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing." There is some disparity in saying he could do 6k+ DPS 80% of the time and saying he could probably sustain 4.5-5k DPS over a minute.

I'm usually not often on the same page with Yelk, but this time I'm with him.
    Last edited by Vodomir; Jun 06 2013 at 06:26 AM.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    I don't really think this thread is all about ePeen and Yelk didn't start this thread to show off with his numbers. He only questions the validity of a claim that, if we are honest, we all know smells fishy. All Yelk wants to see is if getting close to 6k DPS is even remotely possible, especially since the guy in questions said he could reproduce it 80% of the time and then in another thread testified: "If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing." There is some disparity in saying he could do 6k+ DPS 80% of the time and saying he could probably sustain 4.5-5k DPS over a minute.

I'm usually not often on the same page with Yelk, but this time I'm with him.
    In Varron's defense, he did imply that the 4.5-5k number (as opposed to the 6-6.2k number he initially posted) was for a parse of 3-5 minutes where the effect of Improved Focus and BH will be diluted. I excerpt the whole quote below:

"No, take the parse to 3-5 minutes where as a hunter will come out on top. If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing."

I do tend to doubt those numbers as well, but I won't completely disbelieve, since Hunters do have more swap gear options that support their immense burst DPS tools (for instance, at least 2 armor sets that enhance BH).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Miretocot View Post
    In Varron's defense, he did imply that the 4.5-5k number (as opposed to the 6-6.2k number he initially posted) was for a parse of 3-5 minutes where the effect of Improved Focus and BH will be diluted. I excerpt the whole quote below:

"No, take the parse to 3-5 minutes where as a hunter will come out on top. If I trait 5r/2B I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute with double dev pots and some gear swapping but my gear isn't even that amazing."

I do tend to doubt those numbers as well, but I won't completely disbelieve, since Hunters do have more swap gear options that support their immense burst DPS tools (for instance, at least 2 armor sets that enhance BH).
    No, he clearly said "... I could probably sustain 4.5k-5k for a minute ..."
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Traited 5b2r (not 5r2b as I suck at Cool Burn); LG clicky, Burn Hot ect used (don't have Baingrist). No other consumable other than oil, chant and crafted focus pot. That's the highest I got after quite a few tries.

Done on the Stangard dummy. No AoE as there is only one dummy (other two shown in the screenshot are in fact no real dummies - can't be targeted or attacked).

Basicly I myself just cannot see the fantastic 6k 1 min DPS number possible even with store focus pot (unless it has no CD or only 20-ish sec as the store morale/power pots), not to mention those 3-5 min 4.5k-5k parses (my own 5k power pool went almost empty in 1 min with 1k ICPR. So I'm very curious about how another hunter could have enough power for a 3-5min parse while maintaining above 4.5k DPS, if he does this without a LM friend).
    Last edited by Farasilion; Jun 06 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post

Traited 5b2r (not 5r2b as I suck at Cool Burn); LG clicky, Burn Hot ect used (don't have Baingrist). No other consumable other than oil, chant and crafted focus pot. That's the highest I got after quite a few tries.

Done on the Stangard dummy. No AoE as there is only one dummy (other two shown in the screenshot are in fact no real dummies - can't be targeted or attacked).

Basicly I myself just cannot see the fantastic 6k 1 min DPS number possible even with store focus pot (unless it has no CD or only 20-ish sec as the store morale/power pots), not to mention those 3-5 min 4.5k-5k parses (my own 5k power pool went almost empty in 1 min with 1k ICPR. So I'm very curious about how another hunter could have enough power for a 3-5min parse while maintaining above 4.5k DPS, if he does this without a LM friend).
    Very impressive fleetness parse. Especially without Baingrist. As for this store stuff I haven't attempted it as I'm not going to throw real money but does anyone know the cd on store focus pots? Apparently the devs stack, but even then as you say would just a dev potion boost you by 2k DPS? It seems a bit much. One thing I do know about the store pots is the dev stacks so instead of just 35 it would be more like 60% dev just from the pots. If you got lucky during this time period I could see an extra 50k damage thrown around but still not 2k morale.

As I said I don't think 6k is possible, but if it is I don't see how he could have gotten it 80% of the time. I mean that's almost every time.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Jun 06 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    ***RULES***
    • All clickies allowed
    • Only self buffs

My best so far is 4.3k at 60 seconds traited 5r/2b but I will be doing more attempts tomorrow. Give it your best shot. Varron of Brandywine has stated he can do over 6k DPS 80% of the time and I want to see if anyone can do over 5k consistently. Let the games begin! Max hit was over 20k

Please be honest! No falsified data if you get a parse around the 6k goal mark please enlarge your combat log so we can see you didn't AOE. Also if you do get it once try to get it twice and tell us how many attempts it took.

I don't think you should get this worked out over this. This guy is obviously a huge troll .
    I mean, when you claim you can get +50% dps than any other player out there, you bring something to show for it. A few screenshots would be the strict minimum.

I might give this a try when I have nothing else to do but I don't think I will blow anyone's mind. I had gotten about 4100 dps a month ago over a few tries, but I doubt I would get so much higher than what you got Yelk, as this is obviously a very good parse.

On a different note, I think I read this "6k dps monsterman" talking about double post so I asked around. Apparently, there is something fishy about store focus pots and crafted one not sharing cooldowns ? If true, this could clearly be overpowered (hello Pay To Win...) for 60 second parses...
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

***RULES***
    • All clickies allowed
    • Only self buffs

I am not sure if a 75 dummies are best way to test DPS sure those 85 have huge mitigations but it's our job to burn the bosses down, leave adds to champs or our RoA. Also boss fight is usually longer, so how about at least 5 mins duration to show capable rotation. Also will be nice if all volunteer attendants post their description how they did it, so whole hunter-community will benefit from it and beat those with stones and axes
    Last edited by Hrisengarmo; Jun 06 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    I am not sure if a 75 dummies are best way to test DPS sure those 85 have huge mitigations but it's our job to burn the bosses down, leave adds to champs or our RoA. Also boss fight is usually longer, so how about at least 5 mins duration to show capable rotation. Also will be nice if all volunteer attendants post their description how they did it, so whole hunter-community will benefit from it and beat those with stones and axes
    Yes, sorry I should have clarified I was looking for some help from the hunter community to see if 6k was possible and also for me to see if there are ways I can improve my own gaming. Claims of much higher parses than what I could do are out there so I wanted to see what other hunters could do and then we could discuss what traits and skills were used as I obviously can't assume I do the highest DPS. I've already been impressed by Faras Fleetness one.

I realize all clickies and 75 dummy and 60 seconds are all not good ways of talking about sustained DPS, but despite that 60 seconds is still long enough that we can compare DPS strategies and how using all of our CD's and clickies compare to other classes in that amount of time such as champs.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Jun 06 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Very impressive fleetness parse. Especially without Baingrist. As for this store stuff I haven't attempted it as I'm not going to throw real money but does anyone know the cd on store focus pots? Apparently the devs stack, but even then as you say would just a dev potion boost you by 2k DPS? It seems a bit much.

As I said I don't think 6k is possible, but if it is I don't see how he could have gotten it 80% of the time. I mean that's almost every time.

Since I have a bunch (over 4k) TP I have no use for, I bought a few store focus pots to give it a shot. The answear is yes, if you use a crafter focus pot, you can use a store focus pot before the crafted one comes off cooldown. Completely stupid if you ask me :/.

I am also impressed that you can reach such a high number with Fleetness. Your HS being still on cooldown, I supposed you were wearing 4 Greater Erebor Bowmaster and 2 Greater Erebor Huntsman ? I might give this build another shot

I took half an hour to parse against the lvl 75 dummy, and could not reach higher than 4.7k dps. I'll make another post with screenshots of the parses, gear, traits and explain what clickies I used etc...
    (Don't freak out, it is worth nothing since it is absolutely not reproductible in a "real" fight situation.)

I suppose it could be possible to reach 5k with a lot of luck (I averaged at 4k3), but no chance to either sustain this for "3-5min" or even reach 6k for 60seconds.
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post

I took half an hour to parse against the lvl 75 dummy, and could not reach higher than 4.7k dps. I'll make another post with screenshots of the parses, gear, traits and explain what clickies I used etc...
    (Don't freak out, it is worth nothing since it is absolutely not reproductible in a "real" fight situation.)

I suppose it could be possible to reach 5k with a lot of luck (I averaged at 4k3), but no chance to either sustain this for "3-5min" or even reach 6k for 60seconds.
    Screenshot? (And I of course believe you; I'd believe you if you said 5k. I just want to see how the CA 2nd window data break down.)

Also, if you are averaging at 4.3k, it shows that even on a 75 dummy--which dramatically favors Champions--Hunters can do more, since I average around 4.1-4.2k. (But again, my point was NOT that Champions do more sustained DPS than Hunters, but merely that the initial 10 second gap is dramatically closed once you reach the 1 minute mark.)

Edit: Also, could you post a 10-second screenshot? Your best one?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One more thing:

Before that other thread got derailed, I was going to discuss the effect of group buffs on both Champion and Hunter DPS. I have yet to parse, but my hypothesis is that on a 75 dummy, a Champion buffed solely with Blade Brother and other Captain buffs will clearly do more than a Hunter for a minute more; and possibly also on a 85 dummy (though I am more hesitant of this one). I only want to look at Captain buffs, as you don't customarily have Burglars and LMs in a normal 6-man instance group (and I suspect the gap widens in favor of Champions with those sundry other group buffs), and adding more classes for dummy parse may be difficult for every one (e.g. not everyone has a patient Captain, LM, and Burglar friends).

So can we see top Hunter parses with Captain buffs? I will ask a Captain friend to do it soon, and since I have a Captain, I can simply support Farasilion's parses with that toon.

(Also would like to see in particular the second CA window with Attack # difference; I suspect I will go 240 or more attacks with Captain AD buffs, though a lot of my so-called "attacks" are dots/procs that are quite variable.)
    Last edited by Miretocot; Jun 06 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    I am also impressed that you can reach such a high number with Fleetness. Your HS being still on cooldown, I supposed you were wearing 4 Greater Erebor Bowmaster and 2 Greater Erebor Huntsman ? I might give this build another shot
    Yup I'm normally going 2 Greater Huntsman 4 Greater Bowmaster (shoulder and chest being Huntsman while others Bowmaster, to gain the highest PM then vit this armour setup allows) as the necklace + ring/cloak and espeacially HS proc are related to (focus) attacking speed

Didn't even think of Stregth stance Hunter's Art buff myself, might give it a try when I can get somewhat decent connection.

Have a macro for +10% HS but didn't use as I was having around 350ms latency and 1.8% loss, that made it completely a mess. Was wondering why my HS did not proc even once after hitting the dummy for 3min then found out the marco left me with 3 Bowmaster before disabling it lol. Other than the unsuccessful HS marco attempt, only manually LG clicky + BH bow swap used (again don't have the boots pfft). Started with HS on CD (so I wouldn't miss the very first proc), and Blood Arrow + PS spam.

Very impressive parses
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.